Evolutionists are insecure

izzythepush

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 04:06 pm
@NealNealNeal,
That’s a matter of belief, not of evidence.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 04:12 pm
@farmerman,
Which makes the denometer much greater than 2. However, you seem to be saying that the numerator is much higher than I was led to believe and that the equation is far more complex.
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 04:23 pm
@farmerman,
I am paying attention to the pandemic. It doesn't change my belief in the pure sciences very much. However, it decreases my belief in the social sciences even more.
farmerman

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 04:42 pm
@NealNealNeal,
so, heres something of a corona virus type 2, based on RNA containing several strings of flying fox genes and some other species probably quickly connected by gene transfer onto the rna of the coronavirus.

then it rather quickly mutates 4 times and begins infecting one individual who becomes a superspreader, infecting at least 29 others in China near aWuhon "Wet market"
All that subsequently happened was started by the simple mutation and gene transfer . You dont seem to think that this was Intelligent Design do you? (or is it?

Its a goddam lesson in microbiology and how evolution works. It most often appears to be just some dumb luck begun somewhat due to a country's dietary penchant to eat all sorts of weird foods that supposedly posses legendary POWERS to a man. Ebola did the same, monkey to rodent and snake to humans and in part due to humans eating "bush meat" because they cant afford goat and chicken from the markets

NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 05:14 pm
@farmerman,
Here is where I do get critical:
Our response is to crowd the beaches because the Virus "won't hurt young people", hoard goods, argue with each other, pay little attention to medical experts, etc.
What we should have done is pray to God and listen to the medical experts. It should not be mutually exclusive.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 05:25 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:
Our response is to crowd the beaches because the Virus "won't hurt young people", hoard goods, argue with each other, pay little attention to medical experts, etc.
What we should have done is pray to God and listen to the medical experts. It should not be mutually exclusive.

The "because it won't hurt young people" argument is stupid. The young people who pick up the virus at the beach will walk down streets and go into shops and spread the virus to people who will also spread the virus, and at some point somebody who is old or vulnerable will get it purely because the young person caught it at the beach.
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 05:33 pm
@Brandon9000,
That is my point.
And I acknowledge that over the years only a minority of "Christians" have done a good job of following Jesus.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 05:33 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Pray to god? Mumbling to one's self may reassure the terminally superstitious, but I assure the virus will be unimpressed.
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 05:46 pm
@Setanta,
I have confidence in science as it is applied today. However, I have even greater confidence in the person who also has spiritual wisdom.
Setanta

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 06:15 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Spiritual wisdom? What a crock. Go to church. When you're on the respirator, coughing your life out, ask your magic sky daddy to cure you.
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 06:34 pm
@Setanta,
He might cure me Or, He may want me to go to the hospital. Either way, I will always be thankful to God AND thankful to medical science.
I am certainly thankful for what humankind has learned in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, etc.
God may have already shielded me from the Virus.
Setanta

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 06:42 pm
@NealNealNeal,
You are completely delusional. People like you are a certain danger to society.
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 06:43 pm
@Setanta,
Let me also say that I follow what medical science says to do I will not allow my belief in God mitigate my strict adherence to what medical experts say. That would be irresponsible.
Setanta

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 06:53 pm
@NealNealNeal,
No ****, Sherlock. You are projecting like nobody's business. You are the one who's insecure--you wouldn't have started this idiotic train wreck of a thread if you didn't feel that your moronic magic sky daddy superstition is threatened by evolutionary biology.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 06:55 pm
@Setanta,
You may be surprised, but I am also a bit of an environmentalist.
Setanta

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 06:56 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Liar.
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 08:04 pm
@Setanta,
Aspca
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 09:01 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
About what? I agree about caring for our fellow earthlings.However, My comment had nothing to do with being caring of others in this pandemic.
My point was more about how can you miss the object of how evolution works right in front of our faces?
0 Replies

knaivete

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 09:25 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
Which makes the denometer much greater than 2. However, you seem to be saying that the numerator is much higher than I was led to believe and that the equation is far more complex.

Given your "Masters Degree in Statistics and Operation" (sic) the statement above contains an unusual faux pas.

Is it time to tell the truth and shame the devil?
NealNealNeal

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 08:56 am
@knaivete,
Statistics and Operations Research. It helps me in investing.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:32:15