Evolutionists are insecure

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 10:27 am
@NealNealNeal,
I defy you to state the Theory of Evolution here and now in a post of 500 words or less, and don't just link in someone else's words or it won't count,
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 01:32 pm
@farmerman,
It comes from the fact that there is so much animosity shown by some people who believe in Evolution to those people who believe in Creation. When I know that I am correct, I am not bothered by people who disagree. I simply acknowledge that they are ignorant of the truth.
I am new to this discussion group. I was amazed at the pure hostility of several people who believes in Evolution.
The sample size is too small for me to say it is a fact that all Evolutionists are insecure. It was more of a statement of wonder. It would be more accurate to say that Izzy and Santana are insecure.
farmerman

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 01:52 pm
@NealNealNeal,
First off, one does NOT BELIEVE in evolution. Its like saying I believe in flat screen TVs. The evidence is overwhelming.
Dont know bout Izzy but I know Setanta is more or less tired with anti-science guys who are living within a pandemic in which the virus has mutated severl times to express itself in several new types of sicknesses.

Ive been working 42 yers in geology, geochemistry and mining economics .When I taught almost 2 decades ago, I had several undergrad students who confessed to being Young Earth Creationists. After 2 years of seeing each student study, I was amazed at how quickly most of them had grabbed up the evidence nd data and left the YEC side of the aisle and became more involved worshiping within Protestant churches .(Most Protestant sects except the Dutch Protestants are not antithetic toward science) I only failed with 2 students in that time and my biggest discovery was that most of these students were actually prompted by their YEC sects to worry the science into backing down. Actually there was always way more evidence available that their arguments were lost in facts of science.
So, you should be careful of what you assert as "Fact". I vehemently disagree with your worldview, I find tht you hqve NO evience to support your beliefs. Whereas evolutionry sciences are loaded with evidence.

0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 01:56 pm
@Brandon9000,
Using data from experts in the sciences who are Creationists, it is mathematicaly impossible for a one cell being to evolve into humankind in a few billion years
Some people on this board have basically stated that the input I was using is incorrect. One person on the board stated that the process was "inevitable.
Obviously this means that there is an extreme difference on what the input should be
farmerman

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 02:07 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Experts" in Creation science" are merely taught to find some pieces of science in scripture. Im always amused at how thats their entire argument. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A CELL TO EVOLVE INTO HIGHER ORDER SPECIES. Yet here we are in the midst of a cell that has mutated several times in the pst 8 months and is now gone through a fifth mutation that has demonstrated its ability to re-infect those listed as cured, by the same viral cluster.
Good strong geologic and geochemical data supports that life tried to become estblished on earth at least 3 times before it actually "set root".

Sounds like your assertions are built more on ignorance of science than actual facts. You have to admit that your Creation side has no evidence to support its story.

I think Ive read it all and I still see that the very arguments the Creationists had used in Edwards v Aguillard (lookit up) are being used today. Ive groown rathr impatient with Creationists because theyve never come up with anything new in the way of evidence that makes me want to stop and take a look.

You have anything new??

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 02:08 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:
Using data from experts in the sciences who are Creationists, it is mathematicaly impossible for a one cell being to evolve into humankind in a few billion years
Some people on this board have basically stated that the input I was using is incorrect. One person on the board stated that the process was "inevitable.
Obviously this means that there is an extreme difference on what the input should be

Non-responsive. I asked you to state the theory of evolution. If you cannot even state the theory, then you have no right to criticize it.
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 02:24 pm
@Brandon9000,
Natural Selection by mutations and survival of the fittest.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 02:42 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:
Natural Selection by mutations and survival of the fittest.

I'd say natural selection by means of survival of the fittest plus mutations, but I guess that is an adequate, albeit absolutely minimal definition.

To flesh it out further, in large populations, those creatures who are best able to survive do tend to survive more often statistically, so that there is a slow tendency for the successful genes to spread through the population and the inferior genes to be removed. Add to that, the fact that from time to time when an offspring is born there will be an error in inheritance of its genetic pattern (mutation), which is almost always harmful but occasionally helpful, then the result is that populations drift slowly toward greater and greater adaptation to their environments.

To give a specific example, if a bacterium which affects humans has a genetic error in reproduction which confers a greater ability, even very slightly greater, to resist an antibiotic in use, then statistically, there is a tendency of that trait to spread through the population, so that over many generations and with many mutations, the bacteria eventually develop the ability to survive the medicine.

Do you deny that this happens?
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 02:44 pm
@farmerman,
Here is a simple example of my dilemma:
How long would it statisticaly take you to flip a coin 200 times and have it land on tails all 200 times? The answer would be "a very long time". That is unless the coin was strange and had tails on both sides.
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 02:47 pm
@Brandon9000,
That is what I was taught.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 03:02 pm
@NealNealNeal,
I told you to keep your nasty mouth off of me. You come here showing a pathetic ignorance of the subject, but you insult others with wild abandon. The more you comment on me, the less regard I have for your character and your alleged intellect. Have the decency to leave me out of your witless attempts to discuss a subject of which you clearly know next to nothing.
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 03:10 pm
@Setanta,
You are one reason why I am skeptical of people who believe in Evolution. Very unprofessional.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 03:17 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Darren Brown did something similar, I don’t know if it was 100 or 200 but he did it. It can be done, and evolutions takes a very long time.
Setanta

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 03:19 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:
How long would it statisticaly take you to flip a coin 200 times and have it land on tails all 200 times? The answer would be "a very long time". That is unless the coin was strange and had tails on both sides.

This shows the vacuous nature of your thesis. We know that long organic molecules will self-assemble in conditions known to have existed billions of years ago. In those same conditions, glycerin spheres can self-assemble. Rather than starting from a creationist assumption, and seeking to "disprove" evolution, you might educate yourself. Given that you cannot possibly prove that your god exists, and that said god "created" life, seeking to understand the science which underpins evolution would be a good idea. New Study Brings Scientists Closer to the Origin of RNA You speak of statistics as though you understand them, which I seriously doubt. With a replicating molecule like RNA, a cell can reproduce about three time, at lest twice, every hour. Once you have thousands of such singld-cell organisms, reproducing fifty or more times a day, just ask yourself how many you're going to have in a year. How many in a century? How many in a millennium? Statistically, we're talking billions of billions of billions of iterations. Your tossing a coin analogy is pretty damned weak.

And yet you come here and sneer at and insult those who don't share your religiously motivated incredulity.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 03:21 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Unprofessional? I read history and English literature at university. What "profession" do you allege that I traduce?
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 03:22 pm
@izzythepush,
More than trillions of years. Or inevitable?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 03:25 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Who gives a **** what an idiot thinks?

Really why do you think anyone cares? You’ve come on made wild claims which you’ve not been able to back up. You’ve just confirmed that you’re all mouth and trousers and nothing else.

As FM pointed out we don’t believe in evolution, the evidence is overwhelming. All you have a few piss poor analogies that might impress the dim witted but not anyone who has had a basic education.

You want to believe a load of bollocks fine, but don’t see it as proof of anything other than your own inability to reason.
NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 03:36 pm
@izzythepush,
I believe that we do not know Origins. The question is "Did the Creator tell us?".
farmerman

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 03:58 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:

How long would it statisticaly take you to flip a coin 200 times and have it land on tails all 200 times?
Unfortunately, your analogy doesnt even come close to the basis of how evolution works.
In your case each coin flip is a separate incident.Evolution involves CHANGE by addition or subtraction. Its more like your 200 pennies turn into something else each flip or after a number of flips. You should really pay attention to the activities of the Covid-19 virii. They carry and have further modified RNA from BATS. Theres a huuuuge amount you could learn from this entire pandemic. However, I believe you wont bat an eye. Youll come up with some lame Biblical tale about a "loving God" (With a serial killer streak)
farmerman

Reply Sat 16 May, 2020 04:02 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
The question is "Did the Creator tell us?".
please, try to deal in evidence only. no stories or tales or stuff that cannot be proven.
Evolution is compounded circumstantial evidence. Creationism is just that was made up to scare the population.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 04:52:16