Does the Qur'an teach Sabbath?

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2020 04:59 am
At present, Friday is the sabbath of the Muslims.

farmerman

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2020 05:17 am
@peacecrusader888,
I dont know about the Quran, but one of my partners was a Muslim and he would do a period of extended prayer during an early Friday afternoon prayer time . He would have a (often hed go home). As I recall his term was jumamah (I think that was correct) and the prayers were a celebration of Adams Birth . But it wasnt a "day of rest" cause hed be back at work by at least 2:30 PM and when w went on businss trips or ield trips hed delay it to a late evening jumamah during which hd try to call home or see if there was a local mosque. (He loved Toledo
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2020 02:18 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:

Tell us something we don't know.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2020 04:42 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:

One other thing. There is no present in Islam and the Sabbath will never change because it cannot. That is due to the fact Islam cannot change.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 04:05 am
Is it because Islam does not cite Friday as Sabbath day of the Muslims? Show me or cite to me.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 12:21 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
Is it because Islam does not cite Friday as Sabbath day of the Muslims?

That is not the point I made. There is no present in Islam. Show me something that says there is.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 12:58 pm
"When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday, hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business: That is best for you if ye but knew"

Surah 62, verse 9

Coldjoint has an obsessive and irrational hate of Islam and Muslims. My advice is that you ignore him.

This is the entire passage on the topic:

9. O you who have believed, when [the adhan] is called for the prayer on the day of Jumu'ah [Friday], then proceed to the remembrance of Allah and leave trade. That is better for you, if you only knew.

10. And when the prayer has been concluded, disperse within the land and seek from the bounty of Allah, and remember Allah often that you may succeed.

11. But when they saw a transaction or a diversion, [O Muhammad], they rushed to it and left you standing. Say, "What is with Allah is better than diversion and than a transaction, and Allah is the best of providers."

Source at The Noble Qur'an
coldjoint

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 01:27 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Coldjoint has an obsessive and irrational hate of Islam and Muslims

That is a lie. I relate what Islam says. That is not hate, it is information. I seldom even mention individual Muslims. One more time, produce my hateful posts or just shut the Hell up.

Fear of Islam is not irrational. Ask these people.
Quote:
Other Recent "Misunderstandings
of Islam"

2020.04.25 (Afghanistan)
A child is exterminated by Taliban bombers.

2020.04.24 (Nigeria)
Boko Haram gunmen open fire on a vehicle traveling to a funeral, killing five.

2020.04.20 (Cameroon)
Two villagers are murdered while trying to escape Boko Haram.

2020.04.19 (Nigeria)
Three middle-aged women are among four Christians murdered by Miyetti Allah loyalists.

2020.04.19 (Indonesia)
Religion of Peace proponents slit the throat of a farmer.

2020.04.18 (Afghanistan)
Two women and a child are disassembled by a Taliban mortar round.

(Note: Data for each attack is sometimes pulled from multiple sources. The provided link may not be in complete agreement with the updated detail for the incident).

https://thereligionofpeace.com/
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 10:41 pm
@Setanta,
[quote}"When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday, hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business: That is best for you if ye but knew"

Surah 62, verse 9

Coldjoint has an obsessive and irrational hate of Islam and Muslims. My advice is that you ignore him.

This is the entire passage on the topic:

9. O you who have believed, when [the adhan] is called for the prayer on the day of Jumu'ah [Friday], then proceed to the remembrance of Allah and leave trade. That is better for you, if you only knew.

10. And when the prayer has been concluded, disperse within the land and seek from the bounty of Allah, and remember Allah often that you may succeed.

11. But when they saw a transaction or a diversion, [O Muhammad], they rushed to it and left you standing. Say, "What is with Allah is better than diversion and than a transaction, and Allah is the best of providers."

Source at The Noble Qur'an
Forums ยป Does the Qur'an teach Sabbath? [/quote]

Why insert? Let the Qur'an answer itself."
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 11:27 pm
Quote:
The Quran contains at least 109 verses that speak of war with nonbelievers, usually on the basis of their status as non-Muslims. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

Those are facts.
Quote:
Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, most verses of violence in the Quran are open-ended, meaning that they are not necessarily restrained by historical context contained in the surrounding text (although many Muslims choose to think of them that way). They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subject to interpretation as anything else in the Quran.

More facts.
Quote:
The context of violent passages is more ambiguous than might be expected of a perfect book from a loving God. Most contemporary Muslims exercise a personal choice to interpret their holy book's call to arms according to their own moral preconceptions about justifiable violence. Islam's apologists cater to these preferences with tenuous arguments that gloss over historical fact and generally don't stand up to scrutiny. Still, it is important to note that the problem is not bad people, but bad ideology.

Unfortunately, there are very few verses of tolerance and peace to balance out those calling for nonbelievers to be fought and subdued until they either accept humiliation, convert to Islam, or are killed. Muhammad's own martial legacy, along with the remarkable emphasis on violence found in the Quran, have produced a trail of blood and tears across world history.
Quran

The way it is. Islam is hate filled and violent. This article backs up what it says with Islam's own words. Let the apologists begin.
https://thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 08:01 am
WHY SO MUCH WAR IN THE OLD TESTAMENT?

Quote:
But in terms of ordering violence and bloodshed, any simplistic claim about the superiority of the Bible to the Koran would be wildly wrong. In fact, the Bible overflows with "texts of terror," to borrow a phrase coined by the American theologian Phyllis Trible. The Bible contains far more verses praising or urging bloodshed than does the Koran, and biblical violence is often far more extreme, and marked by more indiscriminate savagery. The Koran often urges believers to fight, yet it also commands that enemies be shown mercy when they surrender. Some frightful portions of the Bible, by contrast, go much further in ordering the total extermination of enemies, of whole families and races - of men, women, and children, and even their livestock, with no quarter granted.
(emphasis added)

Source at Boston-dot-com

Quote:
"Much to my surprise, the Islamic scriptures in the Quran were actually far less bloody and less violent than those in the Bible," Jenkins says.

Jenkins is a professor at Penn State University and author of two books dealing with the issue: the recently published Jesus Wars, and Dark Passages, which has not been published but is already drawing controversy.

Violence in the Quran, he and others say, is largely a defense against attack.

"By the standards of the time, which is the 7th century A.D., the laws of war that are laid down by the Quran are actually reasonably humane," he says. "Then we turn to the Bible, and we actually find something that is for many people a real surprise. There is a specific kind of warfare laid down in the Bible which we can only call genocide."

Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran?

Viciously hateful scumbags will always find a justification for hatting and calling for the extermination of those whom they despise, for their race, or their ethnicity, or gender, or sexual orientationj or, and especially, for their religious confession. People like that disgust me.

coldjoint

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 10:21 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
WHY SO MUCH WAR IN THE OLD TESTAMENT?

This about Islam. Not the Jewish or Christian faith.
Quote:
Viciously hateful scumbags

Read the Koran. It was supposedly given to a vicious hateful scumbag Muhammad.
Quote:
People like that disgust me.

Apologists disgust me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 10:31 am
You don't dictate what can be discussed here. Ask the grandkids to 'splain that to ya.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 10:34 am
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pow/Ramadan-Bombathon-2020.jpg?11812
Notice the zeros.
https://thereligionofpeace.com/
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 10:38 am
Haters gonna hate . . . you see that quite a bit with the rightwingnuts.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 10:40 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Haters gonna hate

And Islam teaches them to.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 01:00 pm
People gonna do what people do and the choice of which religion they do it in the name of is irrelevant to me.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 01:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
People gonna do what people do

Most behavior is learned. What Islam teaches benefits no one except the people that practice it. It tells them they are superior and to kill and lie so they can become politically superior.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 01:41 pm
By that alleged logic, christians and Jews will have learned to be the most hateful and murderous of people, based on the scripture they read. But logic isn't one of Joint's strong suits.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 02:24 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
By that alleged logic,

Wrong, the doctrines of their religions do not teach hate. Islam clearly does. And, again this is about Islam, what Islam says and does, not Jews and Christians. It is a deflection to avoid the facts that prove Islam is what it says it is.
0 Replies