Ridiculing the Ridiculous: Conspiracy theories that aren't worth responding to in other threads.

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 01:42 pm
I have seen the following crazy conspiracy theories around here.

- That Corona Virus was man-made using CRISPR.

- That Corona Virus doesn't exist in Russia (Because the Jewish Conspiracy doesn't exist in Russia).

- A Vaccine already exists that some international syndicate is withholding from humanity so they can profit from it.

I don't want to keep responding to these wacko posts that keep spamming other threads. So I am going to simply ridicule them here.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 668 • Replies: 35

View best answer, chosen by maxdancona
maxdancona

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 01:44 pm
I detect an underlying antisemitism under all of these conspiracy theories. We have had some overt antisemites spreading them, but even without the obvious references, these international conspiracies to control the world usually have the dog whistle names like "Rothschild".

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 02:14 pm
@maxdancona,
ROTHCHILD???

SLOOWLY I TURNED...
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 02:43 pm
@maxdancona,
Look, it is quite well known that the Covid-19 outbreak is all part of a massive public relations campaign, designed for the sole purpose of getting Bernardo Sandinista Sanders elected President. Although it is unknown where he wants to be President...

Or maybe it was an early warning from Trump himself back when he tweeted "COVEFEFE"...

Now maximillius, a few things to consider for brightening up your existence:

Just don't keep responding if it shreds your mental being.

Stop violating Rule #8

Visit your kinfolk in upstate New York. They done been waiting fer a drop in in from ya fer nigh on to a pumpkin tossing...
maxdancona

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 02:47 pm
@Sturgis,
Hi Sturgizzy.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 02:48 pm
@maxdancona,
Preparation H can help you maximillius. Apply liberally...oops, my bad. Apply Conservatively.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 02:50 pm
@Sturgis,
Believe me I tried Preparation H.... but you and Izzy keep coming back. If there was a better cure for such a persistent pain in the ass, you would be gone by now.

Sturgis

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 02:58 pm
@maxdancona,
Poor baby...

Here's a bit of information for you - Izzy does his postings, I am responsible for only mine. Your obsession with the both of us is mighty weird....

...and a lot scary.

...also tragic.

Maybe it's time for a new hobby on your part.

Stay well!
maxdancona

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 03:00 pm
@Sturgis,
You and Izzy are following me around from post to post. I am not following you around. In fact pretty much I ignore you on most threads.

Take this thread for instance, why did you come here?
Sturgis

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 03:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Following? Does your team of psychiatric professionals realize just how paranoid you are?

As for what brought me to the thread, I saw the title, was mildly curious and took a read. Felt like responding and did so. My first response in this thread was injected with a healthy dose of levity. Your paranoia turned it elsewhere.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 04:23 pm
@Sturgis,
Does every stalking victim need a team of psychatric professionals?

You just happened to see the thread... and like so many other threads you happen to ignore the topic and start playing Izzy. And post after post you and Izzy pop up, ignore the topic and continue throwing insults because I hurt Izzy's feeling years ago.

Did you zip up Izzy's trousers before you wrote this response?

0 Replies

roger
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 04:37 pm
You guys are so entertaining. Keep it up!
izzythepush

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 05:17 pm
Just seen this thread.

Jeezus!

Now Max wants conspiracy theories to be all about him, threads don’t cut it any more.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 05:20 pm
@izzythepush,
Max, just so you know, this is what irony ******* looks like.

Arent you supposed to love it?

Sorry for lack of apostrophe, using an iPad.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 05:31 pm
@roger,
Ok Roger, I am going to ignore them and see how it goes. I don't think it will make them go away. I should probably just stop responding to them anyway.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 05:53 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I have seen the following crazy conspiracy theories around here.

- That Corona Virus was man-made using CRISPR.

Even if it wasn't, how long do you think it will be until one is?

Quote:
- That Corona Virus doesn't exist in Russia (Because the Jewish Conspiracy doesn't exist in Russia).

Do you know enough about Russia to speak to that conspiracy theory? Why don't you just explain how it is anti-Semitic to blame Jews for things instead of ridiculing people for questioning a social phenomenon that is very strange and unprecedented, which is natural, don't you think?

Quote:
- A Vaccine already exists that some international syndicate is withholding from humanity so they can profit from it.

Isn't it obvious that more money and power can be had by withholding a vaccine than by developing and releasing it as quickly as possible to stop the spread of the virus?

Quote:
I don't want to keep responding to these wacko posts that keep spamming other threads. So I am going to simply ridicule them here.

If it's done as spam, that's one thing. But you should not deny that facts like the advent of CRISPR make it possible to engineer viruses.

If we were discussing nuclear power, would you say it was ridiculous to make up conspiracy theories about the possibility of covert weapons production?

Your desire to avoid conspiracy theory seems to overwhelm your ability to just think logically about real possibilities.
farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:05 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Why don't you just explain how it is anti-Semitic to blame Jews for things instead of ridiculing people for questioning a social phenomenon
So, by that statement you could believe that the Jews are responsible for Covid-19 . Therefore you think the OP had merit??

Therefore, I believe that its YOUR responsibility to explain why (and how) because I sure as hell dont and I think neither does max.
In a debate doesnt the affirmativ start ?? That woul be you in this case.
farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:07 pm
@roger,
NIAGARA FALLS!!
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:08 pm
Address the following conspiracy possibilities:
1) that coronavirus could have been genetically designed and released through the channels it arrived.
- this is a theory that I've seen regarding Chinese accusations that the US/CIA caused the virus; but logically there are any number of interests that would benefit from making/releasing such a virus, for all the political-economic reasons they would benefit.

2) that coronavirus is a relatively normal virus, but there was a conspiracy to inflate it as a threat in the media in order to manipulate the public and/or government(s).

3) that the impact of coronavirus in China is being downplayed by that government

How can you so casually dismiss such conspiracy theories without even giving the slightest credence to the reasons/interests that make them likely even if they ultimately prove false?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 06:13 pm
@livinglava,
You are being ridiculous because.

1. Just because there may be a CRISPR virus in the future doesn't mean anything. There maybe intelligent monkey/human hybrids in the future too. There is no evidence that the corona virus was man-made, and in fact experts tell us that looking at the genetics of the virus that this is virtually impossible. Likewise there is no evidence of intelligent monkey/human hyprids.

2. Yes, it is antisemitic to "blame Jews for things". That meets the definition of antisemitism.

3. No it is not antisemitic to make fun of ridiculous things people say on the internet. In fact, that has nothing to do with the definition of antisemitism.

4. Your theory is that some supervillain is holding the vaccine to make as much money as possible. You provide no evidence that such a magical vaccine exists, you just say it could exist. And the "frickin sharks with laser beams on their heads" guarding said supervillain could also exist.

5. Your use of the word "obvious" for a crazy, unsupported conspiracy theory is wonderfully funny.

6. What "real possibilities" have you ruled out? Are we still talking about the extraterrestrial lizard people living under the North Pole.

7. It is spamming because your injecting these ridiculous wacko theories into threads when they don't even fit the topic.

1. Forums
  2. » Ridiculing the Ridiculous: Conspiracy theories that aren't worth responding to in other threads.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:02:49