RIP Kenny Rogers, 81...

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 03:12 am
Quote:
Legendary country singer Kenny Rogers dies at 81

Kenny Rogers, whose legendary music career spanned nearly six decades, has passed at the age of 81,
his publicist Keith Hagan tells CNN.

The artist's family announced his death on Rogers' verified Twitter account, saying he died Friday night
from natural causes under the care of hospice and surrounded by family.

"Kenny Rogers left an indelible mark on the history of American music. His songs have endeared music
lovers and touched the lives of millions around the world," a statement posted by Hagan says.

Rogers was inducted to the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2013, for what the hall of fame called a
"distinctive, husky voice."
(cnn)

jespah

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 04:47 am
With national treasure Dolly Parton.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 06:45 am
I enjoyed his music from First Edition days all the way through. Sad to see him go.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 06:56 am
I thought he was so hot in the 70s.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 08:23 am
@Region Philbis,
Elvis (Fake death,Johnny Harra, nother story,) Lennon, Harrison, Bowie, etc (Jackson, fake-death (Dave Dave),...

SO WHAT?
Stop PRETENDING TO CARE because you have to 'appear' to have some emotional-binding to pop-culture, and/or the 'social' expectations, thereof.

IMO David Gilmour is "Gods' Gift' to music - I couldn't give A **** if he dies this afternoon - I ONLY ADORE what He has 'ALREADY' Awarded me.

Grow-the ****-up people.
STOP TRYING TO IMPRESS OTHERS WITH FAKE "GIVINGAFUCKFORANYONEELSE"
chai2

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 08:37 am
@mark noble,
Actually mark noble, I was going to post something anyway, and you are a great intro.

I did enjoy Rogers, and when I saw the title of this thread, had a whiff of a sad feeling that he's died. A man lost to his family and friends, and a living talent lost in general.

While I wouldn't have initially mentioned it, because of you I will say this.
In large part any posts I make about the death of someone well known is in thanks to the person who started the thread, to inform us of this event.

Thanks RP for letting us know of this.

Kenny Rogers was a great talent, I'm sure has people in personal life that are deepy grieving now, and that is sad.
mark noble

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 09:30 am
@chai2,
So
You offer your condolences to his family, friends, loved ones, etc?

As would they, to your demise, no doubt?

I respect your nature, Chai.
But I also know you are a product of a 'programmed' culture that Must reciprocate its obligatory 'programming' in accordance with its ...'imperatives'.

Kenny Rogers is a part of who I became, also, by some degree.
But his death is Not relevant to other than His own.

And none of His 'own' attend this site.
chai2

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 09:41 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

So
You offer your condolences to his family, friends, loved ones, etc?

No. I don't believe I said that anywhere.
Please reread the 4th, 5th and 6th line of my post.

You would do well to read my topic "On Death and Dying", starting on page 5 onwards if you want to know my true feelings on all this, rather than putting words in my mouth.

https://able2know.org/topic/492367-5<br />

I await any and all put downs you'll have to say about that.
mark noble

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 10:15 am
@chai2,
So.
You are playing the 'I matter' card?

Chai, I, having blocked you, and chosen to respond to you (Because I Do NOT believe a leopard cannot change its spots) And now you want me to refer to your posts on 'this, that and the other, so as to understand your stance - Is a big 'ask'_

Explain my incursion, Please?
chai2

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 10:43 am
@mark noble,
Incursion?

I never said you attached me in any way either.

I responded to your statement that I said something I didn't, and since you made the assumption of how I do feel, I provided the place where you could learn the truth.

You're ok with taking the time to tell me how I feel, but are unwilling to take the time to find the truth. How lazy is that?

Read it or not, no matter to me. I see you prefer to make up stories based on things that were not remotely said, and that's fine by me.

Don't know what the "I matter" card is.

You said several things directly about me, and I replied directly to that. If you don't learn what someone actually thinks about something, then you don't have any idea if the leopard spots need to be changed or not. Didin't ask you to read "this, that and the other". I provided an exact spot where you could read about a precise thing.

Isn't it awful when someone stays on subject?
mark noble

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 10:56 am
@chai2,
You are so far from the Chai I first met.

Have you encountered Pink Floyd, Chai?
Please tell?
0 Replies