So what positive things are you doing surround COVID-19?

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 01:13 pm
So lets start telling our stories of the positive things you are doing as a result of this virus. Maybe we can cheer each other with our small things that show we are good people - the anti hoarder types.

cherrie

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 06:38 pm
@Linkat,
https://i.imgur.com/hIPkZdd.png

This has just been set up in our little town.
The idea is that if you need something you can take it, or if you have excess of something you put it there for other people.
It's possible that people might abuse it and just take the lot, but this is a very community minded place and hopefully that wont happen.
Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 06:36 am
@cherrie,
Although it appears that these guys were forced to donate his excess products - they are being donates.

Brothers who hoarded 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer forced to donate to charity

Two brothers who went viral for hoarding 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer said they would donate the critical supplies after the Tennessee Attorney General's Office opened a price gouging investigation.

https://www.today.com/news/brothers-who-hoarded-17-700-bottles-hand-sanitizer-forced-donate-t176028
Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 06:37 am
Some of our local grocery stores are opening early for just the elderly:

"Effective on Thursday, March 19, Stop & Shop will create hours specifically geared to accommodate customers 60 and older," the company said in a statement. "Stop & Shop stores will open from 6 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. ONLY for customers over the age of 60 who the CDC and local health officials say are most vulnerable."

https://www.wcvb.com/article/stop-and-shop-grocery-store-special-hours-high-risk-coronavirus-high-shoppers/31676833#
Borat Sister

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 06:18 pm
@Linkat,
Well done!
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 06:19 pm
@Linkat,
Happening here too
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 06:19 pm
I am looking for suggestions for what to do with any money the government gives me. I don't need it.
oralloy

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 06:52 pm
@maxdancona,
Suggestion: Donate it to the NRA. They protect your civil liberties.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 06:58 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

That's funny. The NRA is near the top of my "No way in Hell!!!" list (it isn't at the top, but close).

Edit: Just for the record, the problem with the NRA isn't gun rights. It is that they are crazy extremists on all sorts of issues. There are several gun rights groups that aren't as batshit crazy (although to be honest, they won't be getting my money either).
oralloy

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 07:05 pm
@maxdancona,
What issues other than civil liberties do you believe the NRA is involved in?

Surely you don't object to their gun safety classes?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 07:12 pm
@oralloy,
They are anti-immigrant, Islamaphobic, anti-black lives matters, pro-death penalty. I don't object to their gun safety classes.

My daughter wants to learn to shoot. She is pretty liberal politically (more than me) but she thinks guns are cool. I support that. My son (her older brother) served in the Infantry in Afghanistan. He is the perfect person to help her learn. I haven't shot a gun since I was a young teenager, but I wouldn't mind joining in.

Of course I will sign her up for a gun safety class (even from the NRA if there is no other choice). The the rest of NRA politics is far too extreme/right-wing/wacko for me.
oralloy

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 07:23 pm
@maxdancona,
What gives you the idea that the NRA holds any of those views?

BLM fights to ensure that black people are able to murder police officers with impunity. Why would anyone support BLM?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 07:38 pm
@oralloy,
We are getting off the real topic and onto a topic I don't really care about. Let's just say the NRA is on my "No way in Hell!!!" list.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 08:13 pm
Shame on you two for making a topic about positive impacts into something negative and fighting over political issues ... you are officially banned from this conversation!
roger

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 09:13 pm
@Linkat,
Happens every time, eh Linkat?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 09:17 pm
I'm just trying to maintain sanity in these days of slow unfolding horror.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2020 09:40 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

oralloy wrote:

That's funny. The NRA is near the top of my "No way in Hell!!!" list (it isn't at the top, but close).

Edit: Just for the record, the problem with the NRA isn't gun rights. It is that they are crazy extremists on all sorts of issues. There are several gun rights groups that aren't as batshit crazy (although to be honest, they won't be getting my money either).

Could you give an example of one of these "batshit crazy" positions? I presume you don't want to call someone names with no explanation.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2020 12:24 am
@maxdancona,
What’s at the top?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2020 05:28 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Happens every time, eh Linkat?

Yes 40 lashes with a wet noodle.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/episode-20-pictured-jane-curtin-as-enid-loopner-gilda-radner-as-lisa-picture-id138439856
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2020 05:30 am
Thank you to my brother - he is in a position as a nurse at a hospital - that he is helping my friend so she can give her son some items while he is in the hospital - and my brother will be able to check on him for her -

tough when due to the virus you could not even go into the hospital when you brought your son to the ER and now cannot visit.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » So what positive things are you doing surround COVID-19?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 10:06:01