Dream Holiday Ruined by Flight from Hell

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2020 02:56 pm
Embarrassed as hell about this but need Advice. 

Recently been on a wonderful weeks holiday with a big group of friends, a boy Daniel i have had a massive crush on for months was there and over the week we flirted like crazy and the last night we were all in a Beach Party and I seen him looking at me in my bikini and ready to tell him how i felt but unfortunately our friends inadvertently seperated us to get together for a dance.

Next morning as we were leaving i found myself covered in a few large insect bites and felt a bit unwell. On the coach to the airport everyone was laughing and in good spirits but i started to feel more unwell. At the Airport i started to feel feverish so went to the toilet to swill myself with cold water and felt a lot better glad really as it was a 4 hour flight.

As we got on the flight i began to feel sick again, Daniel asked was i alright, i smiled and said yes and sat down and got ready for take off. After half an hour i started to feel dizzy and faint and was shaky and sweaty(my hands and head was dripping with sweat), Daniel asked was i ok again and i smiled, then minutes later there was turbulence and people were panicking, next thing my arms and legs were shaking like i was terrified, i started sweating and started seeing spots and just heard a loud horrible farting noise and blacked out. 

I woke up with Daniel and Airplane staff telling me i blacked out and asking was I okay. I felt fine and said i was fine staff went away but then felt wet and there was this weird smell of Gone off Bad Eggs and Horsepoo and i felt this weird sticky wet and warm feeling and thought no surely I havent! I mean to vomit would have been embarrassing, the fact id pissed myself was even more embarrassing but what made things even worse was what had come out of another hole in my body, it was a nightmare i couldnt wake up from i was literally stuck there with nowhere to run to.

I was wearing a white mini skirt as well so I went into total shock but was still in denial and i turned over and seen a big brown patch on the back of my skirt, Daniel looked at me in disgust and awkwardly turned away and the old lady next to him put her hand on her nose infront of us some young kid said, 'Mum i can smell poo' 

i just went into total shock for a few minutes unable to even speak...wondering how I would get away with this then panic mode kicked in and I was shaking like a scared dog but then realised i had a cardigan on so i would wrap that around me getting off the plane and no one would notice(if anyone commented at worse I would have just said id farted) and just leg to the nearest toilet in the airport to get cleaned up and no one else especially in our group would notice. 

About 10 minutes later one of the girls in our group who is quite loud roared, 'Who has let polly out of jail it ******* stinks on here' and started blaming the lads in our group who were denying it and my anxiety was through the roof. Daniel was scared to even look at me and within about 15-20 minutes our group were complaining with the smell and people in front of us kept calling staff over the smell and I just felt extremely uncomfortable and all i could think about was getting off the plane and getting to a toilet to get cleaned up and changed.

As another 5 minutes passed a loud middle aged woman said, 'Who has **** it stinks on here' and staff started looking around i thought i was going to have a heart attack so a female staff member came over i explained i had an accident when i passed out and she was nice and said it happens and asked if i needed assistance now, i said quietly i didnt want my friends to know and she said if i wait until the end of the flight i could get a wheelchair off the plane. 

Literally wanted the plane to crash was paranoid over the pong because there were comments off other passengers by the minutes then about 15 minutes later a little girl broke into tears crying about the smell and her mum was quite angry with staff and Daniel next to me wouldnt even look at me and was discreetly holding his nose, I was mortified thinking do I really smell that bad??!!??. 

As about about an hour passed the little boy infront of us vomited saying he couldnt take it anymore while his mum was quite aggressive with staff asking what they are going to do because a tramp is making her boy ill, i was shaking like a leaf and if everything never fell out of me earlier it probably would of at that moment. 

Again minutes later another woman asked 'Who keeps farting' and the loud girl in our group roared 'THATS NOT A FART LOVE SOMEONE HAS **** THEMSELVES' i was counting down the minutes until i could leave the plane with the longest 3 hours of my life ahead...for another hour there were just constant complaints over the smell and when i overheard a couple of my friends say 'I think thats Lucy' my heart sank. 

In the end i was as still as a statue scared to even move because everytime i moved a muscle there would be moans and groans behind me and I was awaiting what was ahead of me when the plane landed, the walk of shame and the Dreaded Clean Up Job ahead of me which i just knew at this stage would be horrific. As the 4 hours passed and we landed the old lady in our aisle couldnt wait to get away and Daniel couldnt even look at me terrified to even make eye contact let alone talk to me. As everyone got off even all of our group awkwardly ignored me and the staff came with the chair, as i stood up i noticed the seat was soiled and my skirt was caked in excrement it was lucky i was wearing tights otherwise it would have been everywhere i looked at Daniel and he was just looking the opposite way just awkwardly holding his breath even as lovely as the staff were they were trying to keep a brave face as even at this point the smell was making me ill. 

I took about 20 of the longest steps ever to the wheelchair and got taken away to get cleaned up. After the Unpleasant Ordeal of Cleaning myself up as i got sorted out i left the changing area (and was hoping that my friends somehow didnt realise) to get on the mini bus with our group and there were just awkward faces and smiles from our group and the driver asked was i feeling better...they all knew what happened. 

On the hour ride home no one spoke a word and i could still smell poo i just looked out of the window but felt all eyes on me. As one by one people got dropped off me and 4 of the girls got dropped off at her house so 3 of us could get a cab, i went to her toilet to check was i okay and heared them all giggling downstairs, i just went into the hall, got my bags and left without telling anyone and went home for a bath and a cry. 

All my friends know, my crush has been put off me completely and im scared of it getting out to other people and have heard off no one for over a week and cant face anyone or even go back to work as 2 of our group i work with, what do i do?

izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 04:53 am
@Lucyloop,
You had an accident after you fainted, these things happen. It seems that the airline crew acted appropriately but the behaviour of other passengers was the problem.

The loud girl you mentioned sounds like she's jealous which is why she was so nasty.

You've had a truly terrible experience and deserve a bit of sympathy not ridicule.

This is very raw right now, but people's memories fade and it won't be long before there's something else or someone else to gossip about.

I would see a Doctor, there may well be an underlying health reason why this happened, and if nothing else you may be able to stop it happening again.

I understand if you don't feel you can go back to work, but before you do anything drastic you may want to phone up HR and have a chat with them.

I think most people when they hear a story like this would feel concern and sympathy, and I'm sure that's the case with most of your colleagues.

Again, I'm sorry you had to go through this, but things will get better even though they're pretty dire right now.
jespah

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 07:33 am
@izzythepush,
This ^.

Kudos to the flight crew who sound terrific. It will blow over, even though it doesn't feel like that now.

And, if you are ever in a position where you are the witness and not the victim, I have no doubt that you will be kind to them.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 07:43 am
@jespah,
I'm reminded of a news story that's quite high profile over here. I think the OP is from over here too, her vernacular sounds v familiar.

I'd never heard of Caroline Flack before she died, I don't watch reality TV, but it seems her suicide has prompted a movement, hopefully one which will have hit the OP's place of work.

Quote:
“In a world where you can be anything, be kind.” How many of us have scrolled past this quote on Instagram or Pinterest? It was a social media platitude for years, but those final two words took on new poignancy – after the fact – when it emerged Caroline Flack had shared them months before taking her own life.

“Anything ... we can literally choose to be anything,” Flack captioned the image on Instagram, less than a week before she was arrested at home following a row with her boyfriend Lewis Burton. Her plea for kindness went largely unheard.

In the hours after news of Flack’s death broke, thousands of tweets were posted with the words ‘Be Kind’ – a reminder, in the most basic sense, that we need to treat each other better. The motto seemed to be a cry for help and change, a collective realisation that things had gone too far.

T-shirts bearing the slogan ‘Be Kind’ went on sale online within hours of Flack’s death. Comedian Leigh Francis (aka Keith Lemon, a friend of the presenter) designed a top bearing her face and those words, sold at £25, with 100% of profits going to charity. Even Primark joined in, prompting cries it was “cashing in on a motto that has become synonymous with a high profile suicide”.

On Facebook, there was a renewed effort from women to be kinder to one another, too – one viral trend encouraged them to tag and compliment their friends. “It’s time for us to fix each other’s crowns,” read someone’s caption. The ‘Be Kind’ motto also appeared as ‘ribbons’ on profile pictures.

It was everywhere. But some have questioned this renewed fervous of Brits to promote the message. Can sharing two words – or wearing them across our chests – actually make us kinder? Or is it a well-meaning yet essentially empty promise thrown into the social media void?

Dr Tom Farsides, a social psychologist at University of Sussex, takes a sceptical view. “Events like this can go either way or have no effect,” he says. Whether a motto can really make people kinder depends on several factors, he says.

Some people are more predisposed to kindness genetically – for this group, a ‘Be Kind’ reminder might nudge behaviour, while for others it won’t make the slightest difference. It also depends on a person’s motivation for sharing the message – which could be a cry for people to be nicer to them, more than a commitment to be kinder to others. Unkindness often comes from a place of insecurity. Conversely, being kind – not just receiving kindness – has been found to alleviate feelings of loneliness among some of society’s most vulnerable.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/be-kind-caroline-flack-quote-can-it-actually-make-us-kinder_uk_5e567e17c5b6fc7a9e3892d1?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAADfDYTZYuR2OYrrPO4b9wVrcikXTN__1YY1q3soTIoAiCDtBQgD-4thNKiZ6zGdb4Pdsy8qCcY744Ks2m_GiwFj4xraVhuZVm_iG_F_q1x6CZSdT5OuWow5hen14tmbL2bd2P44F-uvEy904muBvuCO71hIUV-ZGmsHBhCWTdrU2
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 08:19 am
I think you got some good thoughts here so far. One thing not sure the nature of this large group of friends... age... how you all know each other etc.

My initial thought without knowing how close you all are and how often you all interact and see each other ...is there one person a close friend you completely trust in this group? My thought is you sit down and talk with her. Explain exactly what happened how sick you were and that you passed out so you have no control of your body. Let her know how embarrassing uncomfortable and hurtful it felt to hear all these comments and how difficult it is for you now with all these “friends”

I think once others understand they would and should feel ashamed of their behavior. It was a medical issue and not an “accident” on your part. People made comments out of ignorance and we all should learn from this and be more kind.

I would only do this though if there is someone you completely trust and you have confidence she would handle it comfortably for you... you have already been through something where others were not kind so I would not want you to experience it again.

I also agree the flight attendants were great in their handling so if it does help you can see unfortunate stuff like that happens. They were prepared and knew how to handle ... and it shows that those that do understand would not react the way ignorance does.

0 Replies

Lucyloop

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 12:59 pm
@jespah,
Thank you for your kind words all.
I definately would be supportive to anyone who has my experience, I am a shadow of the person i was before i got on that plane i was confident, flirty, fun and vibrant i came off that plane a broken, nervous, shaking, stinking humilated mess that crapped herself like a baby and single handedly stunk out a whole plane and made everyone else flying suffer.
To be fair to our group i dont believe they genuinely had no idea I had fouled myself until later on, just felt so embarrassed and the smell was making it worse and my underwear had took a good pounding i didnt know what hit me totally knocked me for six to say i was extremely uncomfortable would be putting it mildly my whole personality and demeanour had totally changed.
Cant even face anyone or look anyone in the eyes now and terrified that everyone will find out, an ordeal i dont want to relive but think it will stay with me forever.
Dont think my friends will be able to ever forget it, just wondered why out of such a big group it was me when i was just sat there in my own mess in total shock i was just thinking why me what have i done to deserve this?
Linkat

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 06:45 am
@Lucyloop,
Lucyloop wrote:

....just wondered why out of such a big group it was me when i was just sat there in my own mess in total shock i was just thinking why me what have i done to deserve this?

Why - Because you ate something that did not agree with you - or because you caught some sort of virus...

Is it fair --- no. But unfortunate things happen to people all the time --- you could be in the wrong place at the wrong time - imagine being in theater or restaurant and someone opens fire with a gun - you could be the one that is spared and the person next to you is killed.

Not diminishing your experience but how you pick yourself up is much more important and realizing that things could have been much worse. What if you were actually ill to the point you were hospitalized or anything even worse?

Embarrassment and uncomfortableness you will recover from - might take a while but you are much more than this situation. One piece of advice I received from a very wise person that I use whenever I am feeling down, worried or similar - "Is this going to impact you in 10 years?" If the answer is no - then there is no reason to dwell on it.
0 Replies

Lucyloop

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 05:33 pm
@Lucyloop,
Decided to go out for something to eat tonight with another friend who wasnt on our holiday, was going okay until a boy we know came over to say hello to us.
He said hello to us and then said, 'Hey Lucy whats this I hear about you shitting your pants on the plane?', I just awkwardly ignored him and ran off to the toilet to hide in shame, brought it all back was like being back on that plane again sitting there with two brown logs reminiscent to King Kongs fingers and a pan full of diarrhoea the only things keeping me company, felt so alone that day and feel even more so now the vacant stares now that word has got out no one will go near me again
jespah

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 07:05 pm
@Lucyloop,
That guy's a jerk. Or, if you prefer, I can use swear words to describe him.

He's also immature and unfeeling.
Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 06:49 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

That guy's a jerk. Or, if you prefer, I can use swear words to describe him.

He's also immature and unfeeling.

agreed - and as hard as it is for you - why would you care what he thinks or says. You did turn a blind eye to it which was the right thing to do.

He does not deserve one thought in your head.
Lucyloop

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2020 10:58 am
@Linkat,
Thing is word must have got out about me Pooing myself.
Dont know what im going to do if everyone knows, still off work sick cant face going in and still havent heard off friends, i was super embarrassed the other night as my other friend i had a meal with didnt know about my mishap on the plane its given me a complexion how i could have stunk out a whole plane on my own
0 Replies

Lucyloop

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 02:39 pm
Today i was invited to a christening and thought perfect chance to show my face. When i turned up there was an awkward quietness and whispers. Had a couple of drinks and friends made small talk then i could feel people looking and giggling. I just thought it was my mind racing next thing talk of the coronavirus was being mentioned and there was talk of basic essentials being looted in supermarkets and one of the girls on our holiday roared, 'THEY HAVE RAN OUT OF NAPPIES AS WELL LUCY YOU WILL BE GUTTED NEXT TIME YOU CRAP YOURSELF' people burst out laughing. I just got up and walked out never going to be able to live this down.
Linkat

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 04:38 pm
@Lucyloop,
I had asked earlier - how old are you ? And how old are they?

They sound like a bunch of insensitive morons. Time to find new friends -- I would not even define people that act this way as friends.
Linkat

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 04:41 pm
@Linkat,
Personally but this is me - if someone said or acted that way to me - I would have looked them in the face and said - thanks alot - thanks for being sympathetic to someone when they are ill - great way to kick someone when they are down.

And then I would walk out and as I walked out I would say something along the lines of -- I do not want to have anything further to do with such insensitive idiots.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2020 05:08 pm
You're surrounded by assholes (no pun intended of course).

Good that they've outed themselves. Now you know you can't trust them. So, you know.

Not much comfort, I know. But as Maya Angelou said, "When people show you who they are, believe them."
0 Replies

Lucyloop

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 12:54 pm
@Linkat,
Hi Linkat sorry im 26.
26 years old and have no control over my bowels, usually when im in shock or scared my bodys automatic response is to poo but theres always been a toilet nearby.
I just dont get it when I heard the loud horrible disgusting wet farting noise i should have kept myself awake a bit longer and I could have prevented it happening, just dont get how blacking out caused me to have raging violent diarrhoea and clean out everything that was inside my body into my pants in probably about half a minute at least if i was awake i could have got up and ran. If i was a kid this wouldnt be as bad but because im a grown adult makes it even more shameful and the smell made it even more unbearably embarrassing definately the worst experience and feeling of my entire life if i cant keep thinking about it, i can imagine other people its turned me into a laughing stock.
Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 01:08 pm
@Lucyloop,
Lucyloop wrote:

Hi Linkat sorry im 26.
26 years old and have no control over my bowels, usually when im in shock or scared my bodys automatic response is to poo but theres always been a toilet nearby.

I didn't mean for this reason to ask your age - I meant for the friends you hang with - it sounds like stuff middle schoolers would say not someone 26.

At 26 they should mature enough not to act like they are. If you do seriously have issues controlling - you might want to meet with a doctor as it could be a medical issue - not this one time sick thing you had on the plane. You cannot prevent yourself from blacking out - others should be more concerned you are not seriously ill as blacking out could be the result of something very serious.

People at the age of 26 that makes someone a laughing stock are complete insensitive idiots. Seriously I would look for friends that are kind and caring. And also get your self checked out - it can't hurt.
jespah

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 01:47 pm
@Linkat,
I would second the suggestion for a medical workup. I have a cousin with spina bifida about as far down in your spine as possible. She can walk just fine, but bladder control is a different story.
Lucyloop

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 04:02 pm
@jespah,
I wish this was just my bladder though sadly this is my bowels worst possible area i could lose control
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 04:13 pm
@Lucyloop,
Lucyloop wrote:
26 years old and have no control over my bowels, usually when im in shock or scared my bodys automatic response is to poo

get help from a doctor with this

the social component of this incident was horrible but you need to get medical attention

until then, set yourself up with adult diapers

1. Forums
  2. » Dream Holiday Ruined by Flight from Hell
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 10:13:29