your honest answer to this question.

brahmin

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 03:49 pm
where do you see islam 50 years from now ?

please try to be to the point and not to disagree too much with others.

Each of you has an opinion, just as valid as another's - all i am requesting is to express yourself.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 904 • Replies: 13
No top replies

clear

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 03:56 pm
islam is many things can you be more specifc
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 04:08 pm
true, its many things.

i meant to say following, and general place in the world.

for example if you take zorastrianism, then its got a miniscule following, doesn't really play a huge role in global-level religious equations, and by and large, no one seems to have anything against the zorastrians.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 11:06 pm
Islam will be dominant politically in some countries of Europe, probably France and The Netherlands, at least, while losing (absolute) political control of as many as 5-6 countries it now considers it's own.

Islam will make considerable numerical, but not political, gains in the US. Much of it from immigration, but also through sophisticated marketing and skillful public relations many will consider themselves converted to Islam. A large, vocal and heavily financed Islamic peace movement, disowning Islamic terrorists, will be a big part of this. However the new Muslims will tend not to equate their beliefs with any one particular party, feeling somewhat left out of both, due to a strong resurgence in 5-10 years in Democratic opposition to Islamic terrorism that will rival and in some cases outdo the Republicans. The Muslims will temporarily form and then abandon their own political party.

Monetarily, Islamic power will show a steep decline in 25-40 years due finally to the West finding alternate energy sources and much of the oil money finally being used up. They will attempt to buy into the new energy business but will be largely shut out. Much of the remaining monetary power will be dispersed in foreign markets and will control key industries including telecommunications in some countries.

Hey, my guesses are as good as anyone's !!
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 11:37 pm
Re: your honest answer to this question.
The lily-livered Western politicians will cave in to Islamic terrorism and the world will writhe under the brutality of Shari'a.

Brownshirtism, Middle-Eastern style.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 05:29 am
Quote:
where do you see islam 50 years from now ?

In the hearts of muslims, as always.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 07:24 am
er.. "i meant to say following, and general place in the world"

ie.

whats there following going to be like, and how and to what extent will they factor into global level religious equations.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 08:14 am
I have to agree with Real Life about the demographics.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree about the west coming up with an alternate source of energy within the next 25-40 years. All I see are the idiots in Washington fiddling while Rome burns with respect to energy (and most everything else).
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 08:27 am
russia will be the "black gold" country of the world, at least in a 30-40 year time period, from the time the arab oil runs out.

they have 75% of the natural gas reserves of the world, which will become the next fuel.

its cleaner than all "burning" fuels.
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 10:20 am
I dont know about the U.S. , but i think new forms of energy are going to start breaking into the mainstream in the next ten years. Ballard Energy here in Canada is making great strides in hydrogen fuel cells, and in Ontario Specifically we are shutting coal plant after coal plant and pressuring (trying to at least) the U.S. to do the same. There are huge government contracts in the making for Wind Power in the plains and In southern Ontario.
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 10:23 am
As for Real Lifes prediction of Islam gaining political dominance in France and the Netherlands . . . do you actually see the native Dutch or French giving up control. My guess is if Muslims start to become a majority (which they are doing in the Netherlands) some sort of anti-immigration legislation will pass to stop the flood of immigrants from the middles east.

Could we possibly see some sort of frontier style incentive for the Dutch or French natives to have more kids?
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 10:55 am
ok that gives ur prediction as regards this question, in holland and france.

and rest of the world?

democracy in the gulf?
terrorists defeating the northern alliance?
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 12:44 pm
I see it sticking around for the long haul.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 02:46 pm
Etruscia wrote:
I see it sticking around for the long haul.

haul out?

like communism?
0 Replies