What does one do traditionally to celebrate and/or observe Veterans Day in America?

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2019 04:48 am
Hi. Veterans Day 2019 was a few weeks ago, as of the time of making of this post. Unfortunately I wasn't here to wish everyone a happy Veterans Day and/or to ask questions about it, for reasons listed in a few other threads

What does one do traditionally to celebrate and/or observe the holiday, besides watch the Veterans Day Parade? I didn't watch the 2019 parade - I forgot it was on. I had work to do that day anyway.

Do people have barbeques/cookouts? Do people go to military-themed events and/or go to museums to see military-themed exhibits? Do people watch war docs and/or movies and/or any special military-themed television programs and/or specials?

I don't know what people traditionally do on this holiday. I have never celebrated and/or observed it.

Please help. Thank you.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 967 • Replies: 3
No top replies

livinglava

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2019 09:29 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Hi. Veterans Day 2019 was a few weeks ago, as of the time of making of this post. Unfortunately I wasn't here to wish everyone a happy Veterans Day and/or to ask questions about it, for reasons listed in a few other threads

What does one do traditionally to celebrate and/or observe the holiday, besides watch the Veterans Day Parade? I didn't watch the 2019 parade - I forgot it was on. I had work to do that day anyway.

Do people have barbeques/cookouts? Do people go to military-themed events and/or go to museums to see military-themed exhibits? Do people watch war docs and/or movies and/or any special military-themed television programs and/or specials?

I don't know what people traditionally do on this holiday. I have never celebrated and/or observed it.

Please help. Thank you.

The principle of liberty includes cultural independence. You should design your own way to honor veterans on Veteran's Day. Devoting thought to their sacrifice and how it contributes to liberty is a good start. If you want to watch war movies or study some other historical texts/narratives that support your endeavor to honor veterans on Veteran's Day, that is not a bad idea.

Just the fact that you are thinking about how to respect and honor veterans indicates that your heart is in the right place.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 08:32 pm
@livinglava,
Hi. I will Google or Bing how Americans traditionally celebrate and/or observe it.
livinglava

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2019 01:07 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Hi. I will Google or Bing how Americans traditionally celebrate and/or observe it.

And then will you submit to that or submit to the authority of liberty?
0 Replies