Just Some Plain Old Good News

nimh

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 02:49 pm
Hhmmm I wouldnt read too much in the cellphone-videogame thing - overanalysing it. Kid's been out alone for four days, he's dehydrated, his mind is one big fuzz, suddenly there's someone there all fussing about him, someone he doesnt know, once he settles in the car he gets distracted by seeing the big unkown man's got a game on his cell, he asks to play it. Dont think that means much, all by itself. Hell, I probly coulda done something like that if I'd just been out lost in the sun for four days (if I'd liked games, that is) - let alone a li'l one. 'S a kid.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 03:17 pm
I agree, nimh. Four days away from all electronics and my son would be asking to play with a cell phone, too. That's their main form of entertainment these days...video games, computers, GameBoys, etc.

Still...he's lost in the wilderness overnight (wolves, cougars, bears...who knows what kinds of sounds!) with no food, and he doesn't RUN to the first person he sees? Something is wrong here.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 03:31 pm
Thats true. (Both counts ;-))
0 Replies