0
   

Hellllo the Antipodes. . .

 
 
roger
 
Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 07:55 pm
and ya'll have a happy winter down there, ya hear?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,958 • Replies: 24
No top replies

 
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:25 am
Yassir.
0 Replies
 
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:51 am
Thank you for you for your kind thoughts, Roger Very Happy .... but it's a weird winter, really. Almost no rain. Surprised Winter & drought = sorry looking gardens for city dwellers & utter misery for farmers faraway from where I live.
0 Replies
 
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 03:54 am
... & you have a wonderful summer, roger! Very Happy
0 Replies
 
roger
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 07:30 am
Thank you.
0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 07:54 am
After the driest and hottest May on record, we are having the wettest June - and it snowed on Mt Lofty last night - with freak storms and the wettest June day on record.
0 Replies
 
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 07:57 am
Wow! Surprised I hope it's heading east, Deb!
0 Replies
 
George
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:02 am
Any A2K Ozzies near Newman Western Australia?
A friend of mine just moved there.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 09:33 am
dlowan wrote:
After the driest and hottest May on record, we are having the wettest June - and it snowed on Mt Lofty last night - with freak storms and the wettest June day on record.


But that's a good thing, no?
0 Replies
 
Noddy24
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 10:09 am
Here in the US we have "climate change". All other people have to put up with global warming.

Still, your nights are beginning to grow shorter.
0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 04:05 pm
Setanta wrote:
dlowan wrote:
After the driest and hottest May on record, we are having the wettest June - and it snowed on Mt Lofty last night - with freak storms and the wettest June day on record.


But that's a good thing, no?


I think it's fabulous, as do the farmers.

But my roof didn't blow off!
0 Replies
 
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 05:26 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Here in the US we have "climate change". All other people have to put up with global warming.

Still, your nights are beginning to grow shorter.


Yes, Noddy, I noticed that extra minute of light yesterday afternoon! Laughing
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 09:22 pm
dlowan wrote:
But my roof didn't blow off!


Now you've lost me completely, Miss Wabbit . . . were you hoping it would?
0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 03:19 am
Not at all - I was simply saying that I had no reason to think it anything but fabulous, since I suffered no damage.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 03:50 am
Ab Fab, eh?

Wabbit, Wabbit, quite contrary
How does your garden grow?
0 Replies
 
Joe Nation
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 03:58 am
Here's a dumb American question, but how cold and wet does it get where you are? A friend of mine is moving to Oz and, except for the little bits I've gleaned here, I know nothing about South East Australia. Do you need snowblowers and salters a'la Maine and Vermont or is it mostly glum skies and the odd snowflake here and there?


Joe(Where's the skiing best in Oz?)Nation
0 Replies
 
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 04:46 am
Joe N

Which part of SE Oz is your friend moving too? The state of Victoria, maybe? If so, unless you're in the mountains (well, that's what we call them, anyway! Laughing ) it never snows. Today was 14 C. That's the coldest day in ages. However, there is the wind factor ... it blows in from the Antarctic and creates a bit of misery & cold ears from to to time. I think you'd consider our winters very mild.
0 Replies
 
Mr Stillwater
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 03:45 am
msolga wrote:
Joe N
Which part of SE Oz is your friend moving too? The state of Victoria, maybe? If so, unless you're in the mountains (well, that's what we call them, anyway! Laughing ) it never snows. Today was 14 C. That's the coldest day in ages. However, there is the wind factor ... it blows in from the Antarctic and creates a bit of misery & cold ears from to to time. I think you'd consider our winters very mild.



Joseph - here in NSW we just pour beers and don't whinge in your ear about the frickin' weather. Your friend deserves better - tell them 'SYDNEY'!!!!
0 Replies
 
Mr Stillwater
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 03:52 am
As for Adelaide....
http://www.utsidan.se/medlem/album/db/cpic42527246cbe20.jpg
0 Replies
 
Mr Stillwater
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 03:55 am
It's only funny when it happens to some-one else..
http://www.phoenixgamestore.com/index0603.htg/12-smallrabbit.jpg
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Beached As Bro - Discussion by dadpad
Oz election thread #3 - Rudd's Labour - Discussion by msolga
Australian music - Discussion by Wilso
Oz Election Thread #6 - Abbott's LNP - Discussion by hingehead
AUstralian Philosophers - Discussion by dadpad
Australia voting system - Discussion by fbaezer
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Hellllo the Antipodes. . .
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 01/17/2022 at 10:00:10