Christianity and Dressing

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2019 02:54 am
Dress to cover Nakedness

Just of recent I saw a Lady, and I was lead to speak to her, this kind of Boldness and audacity comes upon me once in a while for Divine assignment and Instructions!

I told her I see The signature of God upon your life as you and the Lord want to use to bring restoration to lives, but How you dress now doesn't signify what I see!

I told her you may need to bring critical change to your dressing life!

I told her Dressing should cover your Nakedness and not to reveal it.

I told her you are created with Glory and Honor and not with shame and reproach!

I told her this has been the reasons Guys keep on changing you from one person to another person, and none of them is ever ready to marry you but sleep with you because all they see is something to sleep with

She was shocked and sobing at the same time as She Received the Lord as her Lord & Personal Savior!

This lady might not have been opportuned to encounter someone that can tell her the truth without fear before or might have gather Friends and families around her who can't tell her the truth!

But the truth in Christ set us free!

The truth set us free not moral education.

Dear Sister,
Your dressing should cover your Nakedness and not reveal it. If a Guy is talking with you or sitting by your side and all He is thinking in his mind about you is sex and and not Christ, something is really wrong!

If all the Men you've ever meet in life, all they thought about you is being a sex object something is really wrong!
Check your Heart
Check your attitude!
Check your character!
Check your Dressing!

We may not know what is in your heart, But your dressing can make us misinterpret your person!

Please, don't let anyone deceive you that it doesn't matter, it really matters! Why we dress smartly, neatly and excellently, it mustn't lead to revealing Nakedness and contours!

1 Timothy 2:9 I want women to show their beauty by dressing in appropriate clothes that are modest and respectable. Their beauty will be shown by what they do, not by their hair styles or the gold jewelry, pearls, or expensive clothes they wear.

Emmanuel Idowu
©2019

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,360 • Replies: 11
No top replies

ekename

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2019 05:03 am
@Idowu Emmanuel,
Idowu Emmanuel online
My Profile

Answered Questions: 0
Am an Author, Speaker, Writer, Preacher and a Researcher

Congratulations on being able to read and write.

And your lovely hair, jewellery and clothes.

Quote:
1 Timothy 2:9 I want women to show their beauty by dressing in appropriate clothes that are modest and respectable. Their beauty will be shown by what they do, not by their hair styles or the gold jewelry, pearls, or expensive clothes they wear.

https://www.gravatar.com/avatar/59b9fb53253f8ae0fb5152e16c4fe319?r=R&d=identicon&s=40
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2019 03:29 pm
@Idowu Emmanuel,
Quote:
I told her you are created with Glory and Honor and not with shame and reproach!
Apparently you do not believe this - for you believe in covering what is shameful, what what she was born with was nakedness.

Quote:
I told her this has been the reasons Guys keep on changing you from one person to another person, and none of them is ever ready to marry you but sleep with you because all they see is something to sleep with
Much better, although the cause of this goes way beyond just dress. I don't know that your pointing this out - if you did in fact point it out, could in any way be construed as the word of the lord - because any sensible person who understands these things could explain it to her.

At least you seem to understand the reason for modesty, though it is not clear if you understand the contextual nature of modesty.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 07:44 am
@Idowu Emmanuel,
So, let me see if I have this correct....

You marched up to a stranger, assessed who that person is, assumed what their character and behavior is, by how she's dressed, then proceeded to continually berate her until she was visibly upset and crying? And you say it's your inherent "boldness and audacity" made you do it?

Do you even understand the meaning of "audacity?" Here, let me help you out. Audacity means "rude or disrespectful behavior, Impudence." Impudence means "arrogance that offended many." What you did wasn't "boldness" it was cruel and unkind.

The only shame and reproach is on you. You quote Bible verses but don't actually believe them or even live by them. You verbally assaulted someone and feel justified for doing so, calling it Truth. That wasn't Truth, that was sexual aggression designed to invoke your male superiority and dominance.

It's 2019. Act better.

Titus 1:16 They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work.
Idowu Emmanuel

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 12:21 pm
@neptuneblue,
Try to read with sense before judging
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 12:40 pm
Get thou to a monastery, dude. One where you and everyone cover up like moles. Only look at the sun through the crack in the wall.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 01:06 pm
@Idowu Emmanuel,
Act with compassion and then we'll talk about judgement.
Idowu Emmanuel

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2019 04:48 pm
@neptuneblue,
See this foolish man
roger

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2019 05:19 pm
@Idowu Emmanuel,
Idowu Emmanuel wrote:

See this foolish man

Well, that's your picture I'm looking at, isn't it?
laughoutlood

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2019 06:17 pm
@roger,

See this foolish man behave like a clown's pocket
Slanging off at ladies' ways
See this foolish man deserving of a rocket
How I wish he'd fade away

Someday someone will tap him on the shoulder
And start a fight
Just in case you feel you wanna boulder
Here, have a pocketful of starlight
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 05:40 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Act with compassion and then we'll talk about judgement.

Talking about judgement is all you can do.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2019 05:25 pm
@Idowu Emmanuel,
Idowu Emmanuel wrote:

Thanks for posting this quote. It is not necessary to talk about nakedness, etc. if it is clear that clothing, jewelry, make-up, etc. shouldn't distract from spiritual clarity and attention to more important information.

Also, please note that "clothing" is the word you mean when you say, "dressing." It is correct to say, "get dressed," regarding putting on clothing, but the word, "dressing" itself is used more to refer to the food than clothing.
0 Replies