Peace, an answer

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 06:59 am
From the Original writing Forum, Vex-- I want to comment on your philosophical prose.
It felt more correct to answer in this forum, for I did not want to critique your STYLE so much as converse about the philosophy of your words.

So Cap'n, you said true peace is found within, not without.
Certainly, I understand that spiritual concept. We can be TOTALLY at peace with ourselves in the middle of a conflict like Iraq--- and even in death there, as is often threatened; feel sure of peaceful ending and not be torn emotionally.
However, "Peace" is defined in more ways than the spirit, in our human existence. There is not peace in a house of squabbling, and how difficult it is for spouses or their children to learn quietude and spiritual peace in an environment of such turmoil!
Another example: Peaceful here a person be, happy- tranquil even.
Then they quietly lie down to sleep. but people continue to come to the bed and jolt them. Every few moments, they keep aggravating them in all kinds of ways... sleep is denied, nerves fray & etc.
Inner peace does nothing to insure a comfortable day, or even a night's sleep. The PEACE THAT PASSES Understanding spoken by Christ, is the peace of knowing we are eternally promised HIS Love and Salvation.
Now, even in the midst of war, men and women can have this peace. I believe one can be screaming with fear... pain, in danger of being blown to bits... and even though the human trembling is present- reacting to the surroundings- the spirit inside rests in surety, when it is all over our spirit is intact in Him, for He has promised.

So, I fully agree with your concept of this spiritual inner peace.

So many of us, still--- long for peace for the body also, peaceful surroundings, which promote good health and good will.

Peace to you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 702 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Vex86

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 10:36 am
outer peace is a very fleeting thing as you showed very well
thats why i wrote on inner peace it is something that last
tho all be it can be hard to find sometimes

and i truely understand many people want outer peace