Bush criticism does not imply lack of support of US warriors

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 11:39 am
"CRITICISM OF THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION AND OPPOSITION TO THIS INVASION" DOES NOT IMPLY "A LACK OF SUPPORT OR CONCERN FOR THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO ARE UNDER ARMS"

"Now that U.S. strikes against Iraq have begun, we should get rid of one canard immediately, and that's the notion that criticism of the Bush administration and opposition to this invasion imply in some sense a lack of support or concern for the men and women who are under arms. The names of too many of my friends are recorded on the wall of the Vietnam Memorial for me to tolerate that kind of nonsense.

I hope that the war goes well, that our troops prevail quickly and that casualties everywhere are kept to a minimum.

But the fact that a war may be quick does not mean that it is wise. Against the wishes of most of the world, we have plunged not just into war, but toward a peace that is potentially more problematic than the war itself.

Are Americans ready to pay the cost in lives and dollars of a long-term military occupation of Iraq? To what end?

Will an occupation of Iraq increase or decrease our security here at home?

Do most Americans understand that even as we are launching one of the most devastating air assaults in the history of warfare, private companies are lining up to reap the riches of rebuilding the very structures we're in the process of destroying?

Companies like Halliburton, Schlumberger and the Bechtel Group understand this conflict a heck of a lot better than most of the men and women who will fight and die in it, or the armchair patriots who'll be watching on CNN and cheering them on."

3.20.03 www.bushwatch.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,002 • Replies: 5
No top replies

eoe

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 01:35 pm
Which one of these companies is Cheney associated with? I heard this in passing about a week or so ago. If it's truth, it almost explains this madness.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 05:35 pm
Halliburton
eoe, Halliburton
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 06:29 pm
Now perhaps I make too big a deal out of it but I don't think so. This stinks to high Heaven! How can this fact be so ignored?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:29 pm
Bush's latest comment on "terrorism";

"If you can't beat em, join em!"
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:34 pm
I must quickly add that as a Canadian, standing on the sidelines, I do indeed respect the continuing efforts of the American forces to put themselves in imminent danger for the overall safety of the planet;
even if I am a little sceptical of the agenda of their leadership.
0 Replies