Cali Quakes...is this business as usual?

Lash

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:01 pm
No worry, osso. I was surprised that so many took note--but people take note of so many different things--

I don't consider it a moniker, but a shortened form of a long name. Just shorthand. Haven't heard of it being called Cali.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:04 pm
Setanta wrote:
Lash wrote:
So contrite for upsetting so many obvious delicate sensibilities by shortening a word.

I guess we'll have to divide up in the Abbreviators and the Non Abbreviators camps.

My reckless abbreviating shouldn't be taken for a demand that others do the same.

<shakes head>

You wear your thin skin like badge . . . as though it conferred honor on you . . .

I think you spend too much time thinking about me. It's not healthy, how you follow me about and exhibit your passion towards me. I think it would be in your best interest to use all your powers of self-control and just avoid me at all costs.

GODSPEED!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:04 pm
farmerman wrote:
I dont wanna be carrying tales of terror so I wont be a troublin you no more. Dont bother about my ramblings of the pole flippin , Im jes an old fool who oughta keep is mouth shet.

mwaahhaahaahaaahaaa

So TELL me already!!! Is it noticeable? I know it happens every so often.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:27 pm
Lash wrote:
No worry, osso. I was surprised that so many took note--but people take note of so many different things--

I don't consider it a moniker, but a shortened form of a long name. Just shorthand. Haven't heard of it being called Cali.

I've seen it on a2k for a while, which means, I suppose, it is used fairly widely. It makes my antennae fly up, every time, and start to whir.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:29 pm
In your honor, I shan't shorten California again.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 09:33 pm
I don't intend to avoid subjects which interest me simply because you are thin-skinned and paranoid.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 09:46 pm
I had heard something about the changing North and pole flippin' and wondered if we would notice it. I was picturing a point in the change in which the weight of the world would shift just enough to make the world suddenly flip.

But, I'm assuming it's a slow gradual process that I won't see in my lifetime.

Drats! I love roller coasters and wild rides, and bunnies flying by!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 11:47 pm
Don't know, squinney, but I think the shift is of magnetic poles only. Not that the world couldn't flip over and leave those poor Aussies right side up and wondering what to do about it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 02:28 am
How many times do I have to tell you people that we ARE up - as up as you.

There is no up or down in space - well, there is a down when you are near a source of gravity - but then ALL of the source is down

North at the top is a northern hemispherist convention and we aren't taking it any more!

Yes - I think 'tis just the magnetic poles which shift - not the planet.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 07:14 am
Antipodeanist wabbit . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 04:22 pm
Nobody was around in the last pole flip. Just a bunch of ape-like humans who were too busy escaping freom predators.
When the (mag only) poles shift, they will wander about for awhile and there appears to already be a secondary weak N pole in the mid Pacific. The real danger is that the mag flux lines act as a "vacuum cleaner" to cosmic rays and solar particles .
Increasing our sunscreen numbers would be appropriate. As far as anything more drastic, probably signal transmissions will be affected somewhat.
0 Replies