Teaching French in Australia

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 07:12 am
Hi,
My husband and I are looking into moving to Sydney, Australia. I currently teach French in the U.S. Do you know if it's difficult to find a French teaching position in Sydney? Also, we plan to begin applying for visas in August; therefore, we will not actually receive the visas for several months. Is it possible to apply for a job and state that I will receive a visa in the near future, or will schools not even look at my application until I have an actual visa? Also, does anyone know how long it takes for a visa to be issued? Finally, in some of the public schools in the U.S., we have problems with violence, gangs, and drugs. Do public schools in Australia have similar problems?
Thank you for your help,
Melissa
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,410 • Replies: 4
No top replies

msolga

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 07:27 am
For visa information:

http://www.immi.gov.au/
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 07:32 am
Yes, there are some troubled public schools in Australia, too, but thankfully guns are not an issue.
0 Replies

dd1

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 09:58 pm
You can apply and also get sponsorship from some schools so won't have to wait until the visa comes if you have the sponsorship.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 05:16 pm
B'jour mate, ou est les Tinnies froid?
0 Replies