How a Witch Hunt Works

laughoutlood

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2019 10:00 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
In Democrat magic, sacrificing a rich and powerful white man is how they atone for slavery and racism without having to sacrifice their own pursuit of power and privilege.

It's witches using witchcraft to get away with witchcraft by scapegoating/sacrificing someone else as 'the witch.'

LiveLuvva's sheriff for the rednecks
And he drives the right road
Searchin' everywhere for another evil toad

He hears Dem singing in the wire
He can hear Dem through his whine
He's the Witchy rah-rah Rep
Who loves to opine

We know he needs a small vacation
In a well padded cell
And if the key is lost somewhere
Then we won't ever tell

Cause he needs you more than wants you
So he can tell you all the time
He's the Witchy rah-rah Rep
All betwixt and betwine
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 01:05 am
@maxdancona,
I thought you said you wouldn't engage with me Max.

You just can't help yourself, if someone dares to say anything nice about women you have to "correct" them.

If you'd read my post I'd already said it wasn't an appropriate response just what popped up when I googled.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 05:30 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
Why don't people question popular opinion and see what's going on?

Well, in reference to the Salem witch trials, I wonder what the demons posing as church authorities would do to someone who openly defended an accused witch. Actually, I don't think we have to wonder about that.

That's a good point, but in retrospect we can see how the Salem Witch Trials were a farce.

Is your point that people can only see/speak the truth in retrospect, but as long as the witch hunt is active, the fear of repressive power causes them to go along with it, even to the point of believing in it unquestioningly?

Does that mean you just accept witch hunting as an inevitable cultural phenomenon?
farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2019 10:01 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
That's a good point, but in retrospect we can see how the Salem Witch Trials were a farce
And we can also see hoe all these people in 1692 were truly "people of their time"

Today we hve similar "witches" in denial or acceptnce of provable facts.

eg
9/11 "truthers"

denial of Climate Change and global warming as a consequence of industrialization

denial of men on the moon.

Yes we have our own witches.

The difference in "Witch hunting" and Donld Trump is declaring it witch hunt is just a wishful desire of a particular outcome BEFORE all the evidence is even in and reviewed.
livinglava

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2019 07:10 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
That's a good point, but in retrospect we can see how the Salem Witch Trials were a farce
And we can also see hoe all these people in 1692 were truly "people of their time"

Today we hve similar "witches" in denial or acceptnce of provable facts.

eg
9/11 "truthers"

denial of Climate Change and global warming as a consequence of industrialization

denial of men on the moon.

Yes we have our own witches.

The difference in "Witch hunting" and Donld Trump is declaring it witch hunt is just a wishful desire of a particular outcome BEFORE all the evidence is even in and reviewed.

Witchcraft is arguably achieved not by supernatural means but by certain social-emotional techniques. The girls whose accusations were regarded as legitimate observations of the supernatural 'forms' they claimed to see were accompanied by 'fits' of emotion, dancing, etc. Those emotional expressions probably had some cognitive-emotional effect on others, causing the 'wildfire' of hysteria to grow and spread.

Obviously the human mind has the ability to rise above emotion and observe these cognitive-emotional social phenomena for what they are, but if people are afraid to make the choice to put reason/truth over 'going with the flow of popular emotion,' then they will support the witchcraft/witchhunt instead of rising above it and thinking/operating on a different level.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2019 08:34 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
Witchcraft is arguably achieved not by supernatural means but by certain social-emotional techniques.
Originally it was always based upon the supernatural. Either by direct belief by the laity or by the imposition of false supernatural beliefs by the priesthood.

As far as Trump, BOTH SIDES believe they are rights. neither can make a pronouncement and the "Impeachment Investigatory" crowd is the only one keeping its opinions generally to itself (Despite the Speaker of the House's occasional attempts at "cynical leakery".
The GOP , on the other hand , has already made up its mind in public that there cannot be anything of fact in the findings to date.

When you have enough power and money, you are able to impose your influence no matter how unproven.
livinglava

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2019 08:49 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Witchcraft is arguably achieved not by supernatural means but by certain social-emotional techniques.
Originally it was always based upon the supernatural. Either by direct belief by the laity or by the imposition of false supernatural beliefs by the priesthood.

Modern materialism inhibits people from reconciling their 'science-based' views with spiritual concepts.

There is nothing above or outside of nature, i.e. 'supernatural,' but the limited perspective of materialism denies the natural existence of God, spirits, etc., which exist together with materialities. To put it simply, it would be like insisting that a computer exists only at the level of the hardware and denying that there is a desktop interface and information-processing going on within the hardware.

The informational events occurring on the screen you are looking at are neither 'magic' nor 'supernatural.' They are simply patterns within the materialities of the computer hardware, which is energized to mediate those patterns.

Human beings are also energized computers that mediate patterns of various kinds, so you could call it 'witchcraft' to conjur up certain negative patterns of human cognitive-emotional behavior, and that is largely what is behind the Trump hate generally and these investigations and impeachments generally.

Somehow the emotional partisanism needs to be separated from politics and governmental action, but we are currently living in times where the traditional religious values that favor rising above base emotions have been demonized by radical critical views of Reason and Truth as nothing more than weapons of oppression by a white Christian patriarchy.

For this reason, I think too many people have given up on the possibility of rising above emotion and hysteria and, as such, have submitted themselves to the kinds of spiritual witchcraft that are currently conjuring up all sorts of negativity in politics and public discourse.

Quote:

When you have enough power and money, you are able to impose your influence no matter how unproven.

It might not be that centrally-determined. There might also be a collectivist element to it, like when hysteria spreads among a herd of animals as a stampede draws new individuals into the frenzy.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2019 09:01 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

All taht can be read in the Malleus Maleficarum ("Hexenhammer" aka 'hammer of witches').

Decades after after being published (1796) and re-printed numerous times not only in Germany, the "Hexenhammer" found its way also in America, where it was a kind of legal source for the witch processes in Salem. (Been there, looked at it.)
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2019 10:08 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Ahhh the good ole "Malleus Mallificarum"

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 12:00 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
In the Trump case, it is one man who is being accused of abusing his executive power for political gain. We know perfectly well who he is, there is no need to "hunt". The effort is to prove (or disprove) that he abused his power.

Many of the unjust tactics that are used in witch hunts, are also being used against Mr. Trump. That is why people are calling it a witch hunt.
livinglava

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 06:02 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
In the Trump case, it is one man who is being accused of abusing his executive power for political gain. We know perfectly well who he is, there is no need to "hunt". The effort is to prove (or disprove) that he abused his power.

Many of the unjust tactics that are used in witch hunts, are also being used against Mr. Trump. That is why people are calling it a witch hunt.

It's funny that laws against witchcraft have been struck from legal codes but yet it's possible to practice witch-hunting tactics using institutional means.

It seems to me that witch-hunting is the real witchcraft, and should be prosecuted as such; but if laws against witch-hunting were made, witches would probably find a way to abuse them as yet another means of hunting witches.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 06:39 am
@livinglava,
"Witch hunting tactics?"

Are you suggesting that we tie president Trump down and then pile rocks on his chest until he confesses? I don't think we have gotten to this point yet.

(psst... you two are being silly).
oralloy

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 06:49 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
(psst... you two are being silly).

If you don't want to be criticized for your use of unjust tactics then stop using unjust tactics.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 06:59 am
@oralloy,
When you make a reasonable argument, I engage constructively.

When you make these nonsense arguments, and they really are silly, there is no way to engage reasonably.

I calls 'em as I see 'em.
oralloy

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 07:01 am
@maxdancona,
Criticizing you for your use of unjust tactics is not a nonsense argument. There is no way to engage because these tactics are indefensible.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 07:07 am
@oralloy,
We are having this argument because the Dear Leader said "This is a Witch Hunt". Then all the good loyal foot soldiers went forth to proclaim "This is a Witch Hunt". The fact that the comparison makes no sense doesn't matter to his loyal followers.

I thought Obama was great... I was still able to disagree with him on policy, and to say when I thought his arguments were nonsense. Same with every other president.

There has never been an American political leader that commanded such mindless loyalty as Donald Trump. What he says goes for you people, whether it makes sense or not.
oralloy

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 07:46 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
We are having this argument because the Dear Leader said "This is a Witch Hunt". Then all the good loyal foot soldiers went forth to proclaim "This is a Witch Hunt".

That is incorrect. I call it a witch hunt myself. I may have even called it that before Mr. Trump called it that.

maxdancona wrote:
The fact that the comparison makes no sense doesn't matter to his loyal followers.

That is not a fact. It is a perfectly defensible comparison.

maxdancona wrote:
What he says goes for you people, whether it makes sense or not.

That is also incorrect. What he says has zero impact on me.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 07:53 am
@oralloy,
You feel your dogma is "defensible" because you are inside a little tiny fact bubble.

I have been listening to the trial in the Senate. I have actually listened to a fair amount as it happened, and I have been paying attention to the news.

I have a political position. That hasn't kept me from seeing the good points, and the weak arguments coming from either side. I can tell you Democrat arguments that are weak, and Republican arguments that are weak. I can tell you the points that landed for both Republicans and Democrats.

Reason is the ability to step back from political ideological bias. It means looking at each point on its own with intelligence and applying logic consistently (no matter which side it benefits).

The silly "Witch hunt" trope makes no sense to anyone outside of the loyal followers of the Trump religion.
oralloy

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 08:01 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
You feel your dogma is "defensible" because you are inside a little tiny fact bubble.

Do you notice your failure to poke any holes in my defense?
https://able2know.org/topic/536923-2#post-6954710

maxdancona wrote:
The silly "Witch hunt" trope makes no sense to anyone outside of the loyal followers of the Trump religion.

Strange how you are unable to poke any holes in my defense in that case.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2020 08:19 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

Quote:

Strange how you are unable to poke any holes in my defense in that case.

That is exactly how loyal religous followers work. Your defense is based on doctrine (rather than fact). No one can poke holes in someone else's doctrine.