Easier To Hate Than Like

harpazo

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 12:41 am
It is easier to hate than to like others. A personal effort is required to like other people because of the fallen, human condition. Still, I prefer to like other people until they give me reasons to avoid contact. What do you say?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,132 • Replies: 40

maxdancona

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 06:07 am
@harpazo,
This thread is a little confusing. You seem to express a lot of hate in your posts. You have made it clear you hate illegal immigrants and Pelosi supporters. I suspect the list is longer than that...

Jesus wrote:
On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

“What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.

But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”
harpazo

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 06:31 am
@maxdancona,
In your world, immigration workers are also haters. There are laws in our country. Do you agree? I did not write the laws. Yes? You have house rules where you live. Yes? Can I walk into your house and demand that rules be changed just for me? No, right? Walking into your house WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION lands me in jail. Right??? How is a country any different? ANSWER: IT IS NOT DIFFERENT.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 06:38 am
@harpazo,
Have you actually read the Bible? I mean really read it, not just taking passages out of context to support whatever political party your church has sold out to.

Jesus was crucified because he chose compassion over the law.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 06:43 am
@harpazo,
If someone came to my house looking for food, or shelter or clothing, i hppe I would invite them in and meet their needs. That is clearly what Jesus would do, and it os what Jesus coanded. He told us to welcome the stranger.

Jesus said "whatever you to these... you do to me".

So the question should be how would you treat Jesus if he entered your house.

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 06:45 am
@harpazo,
Just my two cents, but I don't see you making a personal effort in your posts to like other people.
harpazo

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 06:51 am
@engineer,
Who is making an effort to like me? Who is making an effort to read my comments in full? Who here can read?
maxdancona

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 06:55 am
I don't understand how you could get a degree from a Bible college and completely miss the part about compassion.

If I came house and found a desperate family fleeing violence in my house, I hope I would act with compassion.

I would first make sure the kids were OK. If they had injuries I would get them help. Then I would offer them a meal. After that we would sit and figure out how to get them back on their feet. I may offer them money to help and would give them whatever resources they needed. That is the point of the parable of the Good Samaritan.

What do you think Jesus would do?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 06:57 am
@harpazo,
Whether the myriad posters here are making an effort to like you is not relevant to your efforts. You posted that you like math then went ballistic over punctuation and grammar when someone posted a logic problem. Someone else posted a non-political post and you accused them of being a "Pelosi follower" which I assume from tone you meant as an insult. Same with that "common core" crack on the same thread.

If you think people should make an effort to like rather than hate, do you think that effort should start with you?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 08:30 pm
@harpazo,
harpazo wrote:

Who is making an effort to like me? Who is making an effort to read my comments in full? Who here can read?

Yup, you seem just chock full of compassion and kindness to me.
harpazo

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 08:32 pm
@snood,
Why don't you lick Pelosi from head to toe? Better yet, why not go back to school?
snood

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 08:40 pm
@harpazo,
harpazo wrote:

Why don't you lick Pelosi from head to toe? Better yet, why not go back to school?

Yessirree, a veritable living fountain of empathy and love for humanity.

Bwaaaahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 10:42 pm
@harpazo,
Quote:

Liking you comes naturally to me, I read every bit.

Lick Pelosi, head to toe
Better yet, go on back to school
To integrate would be a sin
Cept if trig's used solving subbing in

You can differentiate
And calculate a wall of hate
Your math is hot, others plebeian
One wonders if that is why they're mean

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 04:08 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Jesus wrote:
In reply Jesus said:

I think you're confusing Jesus with Nixon.
harpazo

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 06:35 am
@izzythepush,
I think you are a Trump hater.
harpazo

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 06:55 am
What planet do you come from?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 07:03 am
@harpazo,
One where you can get a decent education. No backwards "bible colleges," that teach the exact opposite of what Jesus preached to gullible bigoted idiots.

You wouldn't like it.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2019 12:42 pm
@harpazo,
Quote:
Who is making an effort to like me?
Who is making an effort to read my comments in full?
Who here can read?

1. The real question is do you practice what you preach?

2. The real question is are you a hypocrite?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2019 12:49 pm
@harpazo,
Quote:
In your world, immigration workers are also haters. There are laws in our country. Do you agree? I did not write the laws. Yes? You have house rules where you live. Yes? Can I walk into your house and demand that rules be changed just for me? No, right? Walking into your house WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION lands me in jail. Right??? How is a country any different? ANSWER: IT IS NOT DIFFERENT.

https://able2know.org/topic/527349-1
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2019 01:13 pm
@harpazo,
Quote:

That is not a nice thing for you to say.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Easier To Hate Than Like
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:17:07