Elijah Cummings is Dead

snood

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 05:37 am
Congressman Elijah Cummings (D-Md) passed away this morning. I can’t say here everything that he deserves to be said in his memory. But this is a huge loss to his family, to the 7th district of Maryland he served and loved, and to all Americans. By all accounts (except those who hate without cause) a good man; a fair man. And in these times, a fierce warrior. Rest In Peace Representative Cummings.

blatham

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 05:38 am
An exceptional man.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 06:36 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

An exceptional man.

Exceptional would imply he was somehow better than average at something. What was he exceptional at?
blatham

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 06:44 am
@McGentrix,
Just check his bio on wikipedia, McG. I certainly can't come anywhere near matching his accomplishments.
blatham

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 07:05 am
@blatham,
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHFODrHWkAAA-mL?format=jpg&name=large
written by Kevin M Kruse
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 11:40 am
@blatham,
I did before I wrote that to see what made him exceptional. He was a black man. I mean I guess that's something, to overcome the prejudice that comes with that baggage and become a lawyer. But lots of black men have become lawyers. Lots of people become lawyers. Too many in my opinion.

During 23 years eating from the public trough he is responsible for 2 pieces of legislation... 2. That's not really exceptional for a member of Congress.
blatham

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 11:46 am
@McGentrix,
I kinda get the notion your ideas of the fellow are fixed. There is, today, quite a lot being written about him. Worth attending to.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 12:01 pm
@blatham,
Not necessarily, I expect he served his constituents well, he was re-elected many times. That is not an easy feat. He overcame many obstacles and barriers as I said.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 07:54 pm
@McGentrix,
I was proud that he represented Maryland in Congress. Apparently you live somewhere else, so I suppose that makes it easier to dismiss the importance of the man to his friends, family, neighbors and all the people he represents......because you never followed him. Frankly it's disappointing to see you use a thread meant to mourn the passing of a man who meant a great deal to many people and attempt to trivialize it by adding a jerk line such as "what makes him exceptional???". Why would you do such a thing? Please don't try to explain it away, it's pretty clear what you are doing.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 11:48 pm
I copied this post from Edgar on a thread I started in memoriam of the recently deceased Elijah Cummings. I think it also belongs here on Snood's thread.

composed by Michael Moore
1 hr ·
One of the great members of Congress in my lifetime passed away this morning — Elijah Cummings, Democrat of Maryland. He was a fighter for those who weren’t allowed a seat at the table. A strong, powerful voice for the voiceless. He was always willing to give of his time for me, offer his guidance, tell me what was really going on in ways few others would. When he agreed to be in my film, “Capitalism: A Love Story,” he pulled no punches about the Crash of ‘08 when Congress bailed out the banks and Wall Street but let millions of families lose their savings and be evicted from their homes. He told me it was all a ruse, a giant robbery of the American people.
“The word that we got in Congress was that if we didn’t act ‘immediately’ the ‘whole economy would collapse - no doubt about it.’ This whole fiasco shows you there’s some powerful forces (that are not democratic) that are in control here in this building — big time.” His point was that it was the top one-percent who owned the politicians and the government — and that we’d never be a true democracy until ‘we the people’ controlled the economy. Elijah Cummings was the real deal — authentic to his core, honest to a fault, and a peoples’ representative in the truest sense of the word. I am stunned and saddened by his death. He couldn’t have been taken from us at a worse time. Much love and gratitude to his family. We will all honor him best by carrying on his work with our own passion and an unrelenting commitment to real justice and equality. Rest In peace, my friend. We, though, will not, until your work - our work - is done. Signature
"A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority." -Booker T. Washington
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 03:27 am
Where is your thread? I don’t see it in New Topics.
roger

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 03:35 am
@snood,
https://able2know.org/topic/536262-1#post-6914264
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2019 03:46 am
Wow. I missed the news that this thug died. I guess there is one less witch hunter in the world now.

Good riddance.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Elijah Cummings is Dead
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:26:14