Ciao, baby...

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 01:25 pm
sozobe wrote:
Hopefully not all at once.

I like your style, Soz. Short, and to the point.

My kind of woman.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 04:04 pm
I think Kicky is having a mid-life crisis. A roll in the sheets and some take-out is just not going to cure the problem (although I might personally give it a whirl this weekend). This is a deeper problem having to do with that age old question: "What should I do with the rest of my life?"
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 05:24 pm
Welcome home, kicky. It's very good to have you back. Smile
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 05:41 pm
Hey, thanks Lady J! And J_B, I just noticed your welcome back too. Thanks! Good to see you both again!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 08:02 pm
Ah, Kick is both busy and back, which has always dispirited me, even when I have loved my job(s). I remember driving down Sepulveda after landing at LAX coming home from Mexico in the seventies. Yaaaaack!

Plus, Kicky, you haven't had much time to be alone, there or here.

Whatever. I won't nag you until next week.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 08:15 pm
(Sepulveda!) (Took me forever to learn how to pronounce that one.)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 08:22 pm
<waiting quietly for Italy stories.....>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 08:44 pm
Well, Soz, as you know, it is pronounced wrong..
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 08:47 pm
Heh! That's part of why it took me so long. ("What? That makes no SENSE!")
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:41 pm
Where I live now (now admitted to be Eureka, CA), people call Del Norte, dell nort'. Drives me nutso.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 09:43 pm
But the LA district attorney in my time was Gil Garcetti, pronounced Garsetti. (Osso implodes). But hey, even my irish derived name is a mess re the original. Get over it, osso.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 10:59 pm
Welcome back Kicky, from the ever late Diane. Take your time, but pics would be wonderful for this go to Italy wanna be.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 11:46 pm
Kickycat! I mean.....Kickycan! Lookee! Lookee what I found!

From "Let's Go - Italy":

"Rivoaltus Legatoria.
Step into Rivoaltus on any given day and you will hear Wanda Scarpa shouting greetings from the attic, where she has been sewing leatherbound reproductions of antique journals and portfolios for more than 30 years. Giorgio Scarpa jokes that he chains her there to make her work. This delightful, reasonably priced shop is cluttered with the results of her diligent toiling. Buy an album and sketch a view of Venice from the bridge. Although Venice is now littered with a plethora of shops advertising handmade journals, Rivoaltus was the first to open, and products are of such high quality that movie stars have been known to send their agents specifically to this shop to buy a portfolio before their movie shoots. (Ponte di Rialto. 041 523 6195. Open daily 10am-7:30pm.)"

I had no idea the little bookstore I found was known so widely. I just knew at first sight that their work was exquisite. I still have several blank books and journals that I've been saving for future gifts. I don't think I'll give them away now after all!

What a place. What memories. SO glad you found it.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ciao, baby...
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/04/2024 at 09:25:06