0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 06:42 pm
Here's the a2k amazon link for the book, under her earlier name:

Venice
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 06:46 pm
Like they say Guinness is better in Ireland, is the Chef Boyardee raviollis REALLY that much better in Italy, Kicky?

I anxiously await your response.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:51 pm
Slappy, Slappy, Slappy, don't you realize that Chef Boyardee Raviolis are God's perfect food, and therefore can't ever be any better than they are, no matter where you go?

I just downloaded the 630 pictures from my camera...I'll post a few as soon as I find a new place to put them on the web...what's that one called? Imageshack.com?

I have a feeling I'm going to be on the phone a lot tonight, but I'll be back later with some stories and details hopefully.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:54 pm
http://www.imageshack.ws/

post away!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:55 pm
be friggin still my heart.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:59 pm
I can't frikkin' believe it... Dog came over here.... dog never told us dog is here.. damn dog, us wanted to see your skinny behind... bow wow.

gotta see the pics...
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 10:01 pm
<....meanwhile, in a sleepy little Hamlet somewhere in darkest England, Ellpus gently snoozes, blissfully unaware that Kicky is back in the fold...>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 10:02 pm
Why are you up so early?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 11:40 pm
Highlights from Venice...

First sight of Piazza San Marco, the music in the Piazza (various bands and types of music--some classical, some shmaltzy pop, played with classical-style instruments, etc.), ordering in italian at our first italian restaurant, snapping pictures of the quiet Venice calli at sunrise, the girl singing opera in front of the San Moise church, buying razors at the supermarket and the little triumph of actually explaining to the cashier, in Italian, that I had brought the can of Coke in with me and shouldn't be charged for it. She looked at me like I was some stupid annoying foreigner, but she understood me, which was really f*cking cool...

More to come at some point when I damn well feel like it...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 11:41 pm
Indeed, that has been early, your lordship! (And bigdice was awake quite late!!!)
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 01:03 am
Shucks - I thought I would find some pictures here to amuse me during my hours of insomnia.

Travel is great even if you don't know the language. I speak no Italian (English is enough of a challenge for me), but I found I could get whatever I wanted by drawing little pictures on napkins and on the back of things like train tickets. I have used this method in 8 countries with great success.

Glad you had a nice trip Kicky, despite the parent trap.

Where will you be going next? Nepal? Thailand? Russia? Borneo?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 01:31 am
AAAAH! That's better.....a funny feeling that I have been sleepposting, but apart from that, a bloody good nights sleep, I would say.

Nice to see you made it safely back to NY, Mr K.

Now, bugger all the arty farty stuff....tell me all about your mad dash from Gatwick to Heathrow.

What was the Airplane food like?

Did your new luggage stand up to heavy usage?

Did you end up taking tatty old underwear, and throwing it away each day?

Any Mosquito bites in interesting places?

....and did you avoid that nasty little Rash scenario?

Sorry that you didnt find lerve, old boy. I hope that you managed to relieve yourself on a regular basis though, as long term sexual tension has been known to cause grumpiness, and a desire to throttle one's parents.

An orgasm a day, keeps the Psychiatrist away, and all that.

Well done on a successful trip, old boy.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 09:17 am
Green Witch wrote:

Where will you be going next? Nepal? Thailand? Russia? Borneo?

Not sure yet...somewhere with a better currency exchange rate would be nice though. :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 09:28 am
hurry up and post your pictures! Mad

the suspence is killing me............
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 09:51 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Now, bugger all the arty farty stuff....tell me all about your mad dash from Gatwick to Heathrow.

What was the Airplane food like?

Did your new luggage stand up to heavy usage?

Did you end up taking tatty old underwear, and throwing it away each day?

Any Mosquito bites in interesting places?

....and did you avoid that nasty little Rash scenario?

Sorry that you didnt find lerve, old boy. I hope that you managed to relieve yourself on a regular basis though, as long term sexual tension has been known to cause grumpiness, and a desire to throttle one's parents.

An orgasm a day, keeps the Psychiatrist away, and all that.

Well done on a successful trip, old boy.

The mad dash from Gatwick to Heathrow turned out to not be a mad dash at all, actually! We got off the plane, even waited an endless fifteen minutes until we finally got our luggage, and then got screwed for fifteen bucks to take that stupid National Express bus to Heathrow. It took about an hour to get there, and we even had about a half hour to spare.

Then they announced that the flight was delayed another fifty-five minutes, so we went into this restaurant and ate, thinking we had time to kill. Little did we know that the a-holes would end up changing their minds about the delay. We came out of the restaurant expecting to wait another half hour, only to see on the departures monitor "LAST CALL"--what the f*ck is wrong with these f*cking British Air morons!? So we ended up having to make a mad dash after all, along with seven or eight other passengers who actually accepted British Air's announcement at face value.

As for the rest, yes, my luggage is fine, the food on the airplane was decent, but the breakfast we had on the way out in the Manchester airport was absolutely horrible (what the hell was that black, spongy, greasy little rock-type cake-thing?!), I didn't throw away any underwear, which worked out just fine, and no mosquito bites or rashes.

And yes, of course I played with myself regularly...being in Italy made me so horny for some reason.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 09:56 am
shewolfnm wrote:
hurry up and post your pictures! Mad

the suspence is killing me............

The pics won't be posted for awhile, I think. I probably won't be able to deal with it tonight because I'm going out, and besides, I have to go through them all, which will take a long time.

Sorry.

Man, I am sooo tired today.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 10:50 am
kickycan wrote:
Not sure yet...somewhere with a better currency exchange rate would be nice though. :wink:

Let me recommend Quebec City - great exchange rate, extraordinary food, interesting sites to see - and a nice place for central/eastern Canajuns and U.S. types to get-together! Very Happy

~~~~~~~~~

Don't stay out too late tonight. You need to catch up on your sleep and work on getting us some pix!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 11:47 am
Yeah. Priorities, man!!

(The post-overseas-travel-jetlag-comedown always sucks...)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ciao, baby...
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/04/2024 at 11:27:39