Welcome back, kicky!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:05 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53583&highlight=
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:07 pm
Ciao kicky. Come sta il gelato? Il grapo e bruto. Tengo un lapiz grande.

We miss you. Come back and tell us all about your travels. And, clearly, you need to teach me some Italian.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:09 pm
Welcome home!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:11 pm
Hey there!

Spill.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:24 pm
Buenas dias, Kicky. Ciao. Hasta la Vista. Vino Bianca. Il Popo e Muerta. Avanti populi, baniera rossa, baniera rossa trionfera, e vivo il communismo e la libertad. Berlusconi, Forza Italia, parmeggiano, tortellini. Il republicco, Roma, Napoli. Diritto al lavoro. Prego, scusi. Hey you cant speak all of those bleedin languages.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:25 pm
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:28 pm
I have had time to cook 1/2 block of tofu, veggies and rice pasta and STILL no stories of lustful dirty foreign sex...

your lagging kicky.............................!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:41 pm
Okay, first, let me get this out of the way...I did not find love, lerve, or have any sex at all.

In fact, most of the time, I was with my parents.

How boring, huh? Oh well. It was not the vacation I had envisioned, and actually, for the first week or so I was cursing my parents under my breath and pretty much aggravated at them for a lot of the time, but once I accepted the fact that this was not MY trip, but OUR trip, I calmed down, adapted, and in the end, had a great time.

Pathetic, I know, but hey, it was fun.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:43 pm
Wow. Not even the odd night out after they'd gone to bed? Well, thats OK. No, really.

Mr. Green
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:49 pm
Kicky, you went to Italy! That's what's important. Now that you have this experience, you can go back on your own sometime. Or, like, live there.

(Hubby's going soon, I'm mondo jealous. Next year, maybe.)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:51 pm
I did go out at night, but I just didn't get anywhere. I have to admit, not knowing italian, I didn't feel very confident in just going up and talking to girls.

And I didn't want to talk to the ones that were speaking English...there was one night that some little American girl tried to get me to sing Karaoke with her, but that didn't go anywhere...besides, I wanted an Italian girl!

So in short, I got nothing. But Soz is right. That's not what's important!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:54 pm
Soz, yeah, I think you're right. I feel like such an adventurer now.

Man, Italy is amazing.

I think I liked the food and the way they did things in restaurants the best. I LOVE that they don't rush you out after you finish your meal, and any culture that actually considers mozzarella cheese as it's own course...well, I've found my people!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:55 pm
So, how'd ya like the place? <she says calmly, acting barely interested>
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:58 pm
did you get any good pictures?
i want to see. :-)

agreed soz. KICKY you went to ITALY!
(mumbles under breath ) lucky basturd.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 02:00 pm
Osso, of course I loved it. I must admit though, I realized once I got there that I'm really not so into the museums and art as I thought I might be. I don't have enough of a background in that stuff to really appreciate it...although I loved the sculptures (David was amazing...that's in the Accademia, or is it the Borghese? Either way, it was impressive, even to an uncultured boob like me.)

I loved Venice. The first time I saw St. Mark's square was one of those moments I won't forget. And wandering around in Venice is the best...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ciao, baby...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/04/2024 at 09:19:06