What is the "US Constitution"?

izzythepush

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 07:25 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

I expect this kind of comment from the repugs here.

That's also par for the course. When faced with criticism you don't understand you malign the person talking to you.

You turn them into some extreme republican because that's the only argument you can take part in.

The truth is most of your critics aren't right wing at all, they're those of the left of centre worried about the damage your crack pot schemes and rampant ego are doing to the left wing cause

The Republicans are going to let you keep going, they keep saying Democrats are stupid, and your posts are all the proof they need.
0 Replies

longly

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 10:28 am
@maxdancona,
"I don't think you truly believe this. If the president were a Democrat, you would be in the street shouting "Impeach".

In any sense. The Constitution is very clear. The House of Representatives has the sole power to determine whether the president has committed "High Crimes and Misdemeanors".

(The advantage of the Constitutional point of view on this is that it is the same no matter which political party happens to be in office.) "

What I believe is that presidents and congresses come and go, but the constitution should last forever. Of course, I know through my reading of history that nothing last forever, but we should try to make it last as long as we can. Our founders did an excellent job producing an agreement that will help keep us free as long as we stay true to it. The balance of power in the Constitution is very important. We should do nothing to upset it.

Yes, if a Democrat President violated a serious law I would want him impeached the same as I would want a Republican President impeached if he violated the same law. But, no president should be impeached for anything that is subjective, but instead a clear violations of the law. And I know about the history of the Constitution in regards to and high crime and misdemeanors. And, I am a Democrat at least for the time being.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 11:09 am
@longly,
Trump is being charged with using his power while acting as head of state with a foreign leader for personal political benefit and then tried to cover it up.

I don't believe this is subjective.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 12:33 pm
@maxdancona,
Look on the bright side Max. At least one person thinks you're a Democrat.
0 Replies

Boondongle

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 08:57 am
@maxdancona,
And if Trump's tax returns were revealed they would show proof of years of money laundering for the Russians. This is corporate criminal activity of the highest order.

And then there is the suspicious demise of Jeffrey Epstein, had Epstein talked Trump's dirty rotten past would have been too much even for the fake Christians who blindly follow him. (maybe not) Epstein knew that testifying against Trump would have gotten him a sweet deal so why off himself? When Rudy Giuliani has his falling out with Trump the sparks will fly...

Who knows what other crimes lie hidden in Trump's tax returns and these are only the crimes we know about. There are many many more...

The sooner Trump is arrested the safer our country will be.
longly

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 03:42 pm
@Boondongle,
"Who knows what other crimes lie hidden in Trump's tax returns and these are only the crimes we know about. There are many many more...

The sooner Trump is arrested the safer our country will be."

What if nothing is found in trump’s tax return; what then?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 02:48 am
@longly,
It will be the end of days and Jesus and the incredible hulk will come down for a party.

Just how stupid does one have to be to think that corrupt blob of orange shite is innocent.

The reason he's not disclosing his tax returns is because he's a bloody crook.
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 08:56 pm
Trump's G7 self-dealing ploy could become article of impeachment
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/trump-s-g7-self-dealing-ploy-could-become-article-of-impeachment-71653445937
0 Replies

longly

Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2019 11:05 pm
@izzythepush,
"Just how stupid does one have to be to think that corrupt blob of orange shite is innocent.

The reason he's not disclosing his tax returns is because he's a bloody crook. "

I didn’t say he was innocent. I said what if nothing is found? It seems we have been down this road before and it didn’t end with impeachment. If there was something criminal in his tax return it would have been leaked by now or the IRS would have taken action. I am sure that trump has been audited by IRS at least once and most likely several times. The IRS can audit anyone anytime with no reason needed. You should try objective thought much better for decision making than emotionalism. Hopefully you will not be called for jury duty.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2019 12:20 am
@longly,
I'm sorry but that possibility is absurd. If there was nothing to hide they wouldn't have remained hidden for so long.

It's not like he doesn't have a track record of fraud, bankruptcy and corruption.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2019 05:02 am
@longly,
You're not being objective you're being wilfully blind.

There is a huge difference, but when you need to resort to calling people over emotional to make a point you're not likely to have the wherewithal to appreciate it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2019 05:29 am
I saw an article the other day that maintains only the smaller fish get audited.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:32:55