Sao Paulo

Iranian

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:51 pm
I'm thinking of moving to Sao Paulo for 1 year and try to get a job or perhaps even go to school there for an MBA. I don't know any Portueguese but am rather confident of my ability to learn the language pretty fast over a couple of months. I was wondering if there's anyone here from Sao Paulo who could give me some advice and tell me if it's a good idea or not. I've lived in the US(mostly Milwaukee which is 100 miles from Chicago) my whole life but lately have been feeling the NEED for some change, and instead of just moving to someplace like Miami, I want to see what the world is like. Of all the countries I've looked at, Brasil seems the most interesting, and Sao Paulo especially because of how diversified it is. Besides that, I'm Iranian and the Latin culture has a lot of similarities to my own culture(especially the warmness of people towards each other), and always wondered what it would be like to live in such a place. I also need to be someplace nice and warm, since winter here where I live is about 5-6 months long. And last but not least, there's the Brazilian women, LOL :-). But seriously, I'd appreciate any advice about living in Brasil for a year and how Sao Paulo is like. I read it's very European and quite modern, and I've seen pictures of the city which've excited me. But a personal perspective is always better. Who knows, I may love Brasil so much I won't wanna leave. Very Happy

Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,081 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 09:34 pm
One of our esteemed members lived in Sao Paolo for a while. With any luck, he'll see your post.
0 Replies