THUNDER BOOMERS ! ! !

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 03:54 pm
http://www.geocities.com/jespah.geo/00000002.jpg

jake, our mastiff mix, was 95 lbs of big 'n tough canine -- except during t'storms.
he'd cower under a table, leaning on our legs, shaking uncontrollably.
it was the only time he ever showed fear...
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 05:22 pm
Lady J wrote:

Au contraire! You're too sweet to be UNcool in any way! Smile

Awwwww what a sweet thing to say! *big smile* Very Happy Thank you.

Region ...... He may have feared storms - but there's alot of love in that there adorable face! Very Happy What a sweet dog, he was!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 05:27 pm
We're supposed to get t-storms over the next three afternoons - here's hoping the wunderground is right!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 05:29 pm
Smile thanx brooke -- he surely was...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 05:58 pm
Pacco's other name is Thunderpaws, for that drumrolling rumble when he runs in the house...
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 01:35 am
The most memorable storm that I remember, was more for its location than for its intensity.
A group of us were touring Dorset, and had camped near Giants Hill, in Cerne Abbas.
At about 11pm one evening, the most wierd electrical storm started up, complete with multicoloured lightning, but no rain or thunder. There were just wierd "fizzing" noises, and a psychadelic light show for about an hour.

In the end, we all (the whole camp site, just like a scene out of "Close Encounters" when the spaceship comes down) just stood there in awed silence, as the opposite hill went from black, to neon blue and then pink, followed by brilliant white.

Just to add to the "pagan" effect, this is what was being illuminated so vividly on Giants Hill, which was directly opposite the camp site.

Then the rain started about an hour later, and most of us Pagans were washed out. I slept in the car, along with two other neanderthals.

Never forgotten it, though........

http://k.domaindlx.com/lordellpus/cernegiant.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 02:42 am
Ah, the Rude Man . . . such a wonderful place for heathenism, first class LordRainDance . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:37 am
while Im respectful of lightning, Im also aware that people have gone entire lives doing really dumass things around it and have NOT been struck. This one friend of mine played golf and, when a storm came up, he stood under a tree along the fairway. Lightning struck the tree next to his and hes developed this invincibility feeling.
I dont do dumass things in lightning storms, like take a small aluminum boat out onto a lake and watch a storm. Or go out on a high point and stand under a tree. Those ideas just improve your chances of being struck. Apparently we had some wicked Tstorms here in Lancaster during the last few days and a number of people were struck (4) , nobody died, but one woman was on TV last night and she claimed that she still has acute dizziness and vertigo. She was doing wash when the storm came up and she just reached over to turn a knob on her washer when the bolt hit and blew almost all of her appliances out. (She apparently has a ground fault somewhere)

I have a large fulgurite section in my rock collection. This is a hunk of fused desert sand where a lightning bolt hit. There are some fulgurites in musea that show almost the entire production of the bolt in a frozen moment.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:45 am
Thunder and lightning make good ambience for sex.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 11:35 am
The lightning, the thunder, the weird yellow cast of the sky (when I was I kid, I used to think that's how it would look on Mars, then I would get really excited - thinking I WAS on Mars.) the smell of ozone.

It is a relegious experience. YES - I need more face paint - dancing until in a frenzy. I AM a pagan, I AM!!!!!

I love the way thunder rolls.
I envision all the miles of land it's sweeping over. The power of it.

I adore it all. I'd stand in the middle of the street, arms wide open, waiting and ready for anything.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 03:53 pm
just dont do anything dumass while youre out there prancing around. There are hundreds of K volts in a bolt.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 03:29 pm
BBB
The sun just came out in Albuquerque at 3:30 pm after about two hours of darkened sky, thunder, lightning and a short cloud burst.

BBB
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 03:31 pm
That musta been fun, Aunt Bee, wish i could have been there . . .
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 03:34 pm
Setanta
Setanta wrote:
That musta been fun, Aunt Bee, wish i could have been there . . .

I could whip up a few doozies if it would induce you to visit us A2Kers in New Mexico. The ball of lightning is in your court.

BBB
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 03:50 pm
I've not hitchhiked in years and years, don't know if i could manage a trek that long. One thing is certain, the jeep can no longer be trusted for such a journey. Maybe some day, it has been more than twenty years since i visited the alleged land of enchantment . . .
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 04:14 pm
Setanta wrote:
I've not hitchhiked in years and years, don't know if i could manage a trek that long. One thing is certain, the jeep can no longer be trusted for such a journey. Maybe some day, it has been more than twenty years since i visited the alleged land of enchantment . . .

We could provide Dys and Diane's Sally and my Maddy and Dolly to pull the jeep if it breaks down. Fred the parrot could direct the rescue. And Dys does have that red Porche that could push the jeep.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 07:34 pm
But wait, don't show up until I get there, puh-lease! (a few more months...maybe less)

And, amtrak goes there...

at least until they kill it dead.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 07:26 pm
HERE THEY COME AGAIN ! ! !

HERE THEY COME AGAIN ! ! !

The thunder-boomers are rollin' in again . . . i'm so excited ! ! !
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 07:27 pm
Oh please keep us posted, Setanta! Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 07:39 pm
CRASH, BOOM, BANG ! ! !

What can i say . . .

(Actually, it keeps arumblin', but no real action yet . . . i'm ahopin', though . . . )
0 Replies