THUNDER BOOMERS ! ! !

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 08:36 pm
I hide my head under the covers of my bed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 09:51 pm
I live extremely near major wires.
She blinks.
I'm moderately interested in science but electricity and its wide purview has been outside my scope.
(No, I'm not worried about rays.)

Anyway, when things get close I shut down.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 04:18 am
with a wireless system, i dont shut down. Although, if she's working in the middle of a T storm,My wife will shut down the desktop computers and Ill use a laptop on battery.

We live atop a hill so we get slammed about once evry two years. We have a very good lightning protection system for the house , barns , and silo.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 04:33 am
Thunderstorm, with the rain absolutely hissing down.....I love it.
From my open window or doorway.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 04:39 am
ever see the static dancing in the spars McT??
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 05:21 am
We had a very nice rain yesterday. They forecast some good boomers for today.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 05:32 am
farmerman wrote:
ever see the static dancing in the spars McT??

No, I've never seen that.
And if I did, I'd keep well away from the mast.
Smile
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 04:49 pm
Big boomers on Monday night when I was driving home from Milwaukee airport. Fork lightning running sideways in the sky over Oconomowoc, rain in sheets slowing I-94 down to about 30 mph...

Some little rumblers today, cooling things off and promising plenty of lightning bugs and mosquitos later on...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 01:27 pm
skies just opened up heeyuh.
nice audio/visuals...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 01:58 pm
Sure was cool. I got some video (including Dasha coming home in the middle of it with no umbrella).
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 06:39 am
We went to Orange Beach down at Gulf Shores last weekend. The lightening display was the most amazing I have ever seen. Fork lightening...cloud to ground...cloud to cloud...streaking across the sky. It was like watching fireworks. Amazing.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 07:38 am
we had a terrible T storm here last night. Our place was struck (thanks to lightning arrestors we only lost a well pump). In a 25 mile radius there were 4 lightning induced fires.
1 In Lancaster,
q Amish house near Intercourse
1 An Amish woodworking shop N or Strasburg
1 in Chester County (an Amish barn)

I believe that the AMish dont believe in lightning rods, or else they are too frugal to use them.

BAAAD Night, fire companies were stretched to their limits
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 08:09 am
Eek. Glad you're OK.

We've had thunderboomers passing to the north and to the south (I think one that kept south yesterday is the one that hit you) but refusing to come through HERE. We're getting pretty dry, hope we have some rain soon.

But no need for that kind of dramatics...!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:14 am
The East coast is getting raked! Last Friday, two cars got hit by lightning outside my cousin's house in southern New Hampshire. 5 people are in critical condition after being hit while standing under a tree in Dorchester. We're supposed to get more. A transformer outside of a student's house was hit last night. Flames and sparks lit up the night. The kid already had issues with storms. He didn't get to sleep until 1 am.

I've missed these violent storms, but this is a little two wild.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:16 am
We got a wild one last night, from about 3 AM to 5 AM. Pretty much nonstop lightning, the occasional thunder that I could hear (if I can hear it it's really close). The kid had been sick the night before and this was the last thing we needed in terms of getting her all better (she was awake throughout the worst of it), but it turned out fine. And we got that much-needed rain!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 11:43 am
We've been having lightshows and boomers a lot lately.

There's a big storm rolling through right now. The dehumidifier needs to be emptied 2 or 3 times a day.

Cleo spends a lot of time under the big bed. It's dark and safe in that den.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:07 pm
boomin' in Bahnstin tonight...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:15 pm
we've had some big uns lately. today's were accompanied by raspberry sized hail
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:54 pm
@ehBeth,
no damage, i hope?

jespah's folks had a doozy the other day.
shredded a BBQ grill cover but good...
ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:56 pm
@Region Philbis,
i was hoping the hail would whack some weeds, but no luck. the only thing I was really worried about was the lilac as it's set the buds for next year's blooms already. It was kinda neat watching the hail bounce off the shed roof ... glad I wasn't out in it.
0 Replies