Moving to Melbourne - but where in Melbourne? St.Kilda?

Julee

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:17 am
Oh wow, that's beautiful! I can't wait!

The good news is - my friend Jenna is going to be back in Melbourne on the day I am going to arrive. She got confused and thought that I was arriving in June Rolling Eyes - I am so happy that she's going to be around, wahoo! I am feeling much better now.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 08:35 am
That's terrific! Much better! Very Happy

ps ... Don't forget your coat. It's getting cold!
0 Replies

Julee

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 07:58 pm
Guess where I am?
Hello Msolga!

Just wanted to say hello real quick - I live in Fitzroy now, at the Nunnery (since 3 months). It's such a great place and I can't be bothered to look for a place until my new boyfriend (yay) goes on holiday back home (NZ) in December. I plan on living in Carlton or Fitzroy - I checked out Readings on Lygon a few times but just couldn't find the right thing.

I started working at a cafe on Hardware Lane, but just started a new job on Monday. I am now working for a big engeneering company in Southbank, as PA to an MD and it's well paid and interesting job.

Thank you very much for your help, you made me feel much better when I was feeling lost back home!

I love it here. I will never leave this city again. Exclamation Yay!!!

Julee
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 02:01 am
Yay, Julee! Very Happy

I'm SO glad it's worked out well for you (new boyfriend, even! Surprised ) & that you feel so at home here. Yes, Melbourne is a great place to live! You have great taste! Laughing

So, a home in Carlton or Fitzroy, huh? Very nice, either. Don't forget, though, if prices end up a bit prohibitive (& backyards are handkerchief sized!) that Brunswick is just a wee bit further up Nicholson or Lygon streets. Terrific tram services, too, via either street.

Anyway, Julee, I'm so pleased you're happy in your new home. And it's also very nice to get some feedback from someone who asked for advice. You have very good manners! Laughing

I just looked at my last post to you:

ps ... Don't forget your coat. It's getting cold!

Which made me think: Isn't this spring weather fantastic! Very Happy

ps ... Well done on the new job. Sounds perfect!
0 Replies

Julee

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:50 pm
I finally moved out, Msolga! My boyfriend (who is now actually my fiancee and we'll get married in February at the Carlton Gardens - how vcrazy is that!) and I moved into a 4 bedroom house on Johnston Street last Saturday (Collingwood part, close to the Tote). We share with a cool 32 year old guy and are renting two beautiful rooms for $100p.w. each .

It's fantastic! And my boyfriend is not goingto NZ for Christmas, so we'll have a lovely time over here.

Life is great!

Julee

P.S.:The weather was beautiful - but today is just too cold and rainy!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 02:36 pm
Wow, Julee! Things have moved so fast for you! And you're moving to a new home in Johnston St, too! Good move: much cheaper & a interesting environment to explore. Congratulations, I'm really delighted for you. Very Happy

Don't mind the rains too much, Julee, they're breaking a drought that's persisted for years & years. Believe it or not, it's actually a good thing! (believe it or not. :wink: )

Lovely to see that the big move has made you so happy, Julee! Very Happy
0 Replies

Shekeda

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 12:40 pm
Hi Julee,

A very belated welcome to Melbourne! I've just been reading all the posts in this thread - I usually only visit the puzzle help forum. :-)

My name's Sue and I live in Fitzroy, on the high-rise estate between Brunswick and Napier Sts (just up the road from the Carlton Gardens). I'm originally from England and have been in Aust 41 years and 2 days! I'm still not used to Christmas being in Summer.

Congratulations on your engagement and I hope the weather will be nice - but not TOO hot - for your wedding.

Best wishes
Sue / Shekeda
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 05:49 am
Hello, Shekeda & welcome to A2K! Small world, isn't it?
0 Replies

lovethehoneybabe

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 05:28 pm
hey,
I live in melbourne and a great place to live is albert park - somewhat expensive though Sad but its really nice and easy - close to everything.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:13 pm
Another Melbournian! Very Happy

Welcome to A2K, lovethehoneybabe!
0 Replies