How old is everyone here?

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 10:08 pm
BTW, The age grouping for the poll is obviously created by a very young person. LOL
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 08:37 am
Never has "getting older" felt so darn good as it does right this minute! What great company I am in as I move closer and closer to that top category! Very Happy
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 08:52 am
Sanctuary wrote:
Sixteen. Shocked

No way! I knew you were younger but not that young! You sure have it together! Very Happy

27, btw.

Sigh. Pushing that 3-0
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 09:57 am
I'm now 69 and will be 70 next month. The poll groups me with "59 or above." Sorta like, "all you old people don't belong here!" The five year increments of age of the poll is what matters. LOL If you're 99, so what?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 10:09 am
I am very close to my 91st birthday. I don't get around so well anymore, which is probably why I spend so much time here. I have grandchildren (and one great granddaughter), and one of them brought this site to my attention a couple of years ago. Welcome to A2K youngster. The new blood is most welcome.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 11:42 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
Sixteen. Shocked

No way! I knew you were younger but not that young! You sure have it together! Very Happy

Well thank you, I'm flattered! *humble bow*
0 Replies

Taliesin181

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 12:13 pm
Cicerone: Nope. As stated, Mr. Wright and I took the name from the Celtic Myth. From pictures I've seen, though, taking my name from the building wouldn't be a bad thing either. Smile
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 12:15 pm
ossobuco wrote:

Timber, I remember those same things. I'm sixty three and feeling fine. When I was (oh, here we go) Taliesin's age, being 63 was beyond my comprehension, if not always - some cool mds at the hospital where I worked after college classes must've been in their sixties - certainly I had trouble fully relating to people in their sixties as other than old people. <nods head in lack of imagination>

I think reading helped me get a handle on the breadth of human self perceptions at different ages and places.

One of the reasons I like this place is that it shortens the generational gap.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 12:18 pm
It seems in five year segments. Wink
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 12:24 pm
I am actually a 72 year old schizophrenic nun working in a leper colony these last 25 years...

I am Sister Sybil Marie, and I wear a rubber and leather habit. Worship and obey me!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 12:27 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
I am very close to my 91st birthday. I don't get around so well anymore, which is probably why I spend so much time here. I have grandchildren (and one great granddaughter), and one of them brought this site to my attention a couple of years ago. Welcome to A2K youngster. The new blood is most welcome.

Hey! What happened to that "51 and up for grabs!" post?? Razz
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 12:29 pm
under 20
[ 3 ]
20-25
[ 1 ]
26-30
[ 5 ]
31-35
[ 0 ]
36-40
[ 3 ]
41-45
[ 6 ]

------------------------------------------------- subtotal 18
46-50
[ 6 ]
51 or above
[ 11 ]

------------------------------------------------ total 35

hmmmmmmmmm so far we've got 18 under 45, and 17 at 46 or older.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

we need those Ohio bible-argument teens to come back
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 12:33 pm
god no, beth....waste of cyber space if you ask me.

I am not surprised that the 30-40's are so low. That, just got rollin' on my career, got my spouse and babies, no time for computer in life I suppose.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 12:36 pm
<the career and kid gang is at the other site I frequent/lurk at - almost all are between 30 and 45>
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 12:47 pm
hmmmm 66% over the age of 40 :-)
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 12:51 pm
Lady J wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Hey! What happened to that "51 and up for grabs!" post?? Razz

Yes, yes, I'm 51. Don't mind that other post. Actually, I had a photo in the former gallery.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 01:19 pm
Quote:
Sorry, I didn't know the age group is so extensive here, that's really amazing to me as all other forums I went are very young. But I always think communicating with older people will be beneficial because they experienced more and had more wisdom about life...

Actually, quietsunshine, either the folks here (On A2K) are age sensitive, or the moderators are.... I opened a humorous topic about age (among other things) with a poll about how people felt about aging- and it was moved to the category about 'caregiving and the aged'. (Probably the most IGNORED category in this Forum.)
It was meant to be humorous/general, and I have actually stopped posting almost, because my USER NAME turns people off.
If you want a WISE statement, take it from one who met Franklin D Roosevelt at Warm Springs... People NEVER want to admit to their age, not really. They want to always be sexy,attractive, brilliant, sought after and rich- in that order.
Me, included. from theollady, born in '36
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 01:29 pm
theoldlady, I must be an exception; never minded my looks or age. Why hide what is so obvious? We can't control our looks or age, anywho.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 01:32 pm
Gotta share something real funny though. I went to DMV yesterday to renew my driver's license, and the lady who takes the pictures told me I had to take my glasses off. I told her I wear mine every day while I'm awake. She said it didn't make any difference. She took my picture without my glasses. She asked if I wanted to see the picture, so ofcoarse I said yes, but I really didn't recongize the old geezer that stared back at me from the picture.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:42 pm
Don't get the "take your glasses off" picture. If you got pulled over, are they going to ask you to take your glasses off to prove it's you?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/24/2024 at 11:32:24