How old is everyone here?

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 05:30 am
I don't know if this has been posted before, I'm just curious and I think this poll would help me know more about this forum.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,797 • Replies: 69
No top replies

material girl

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 05:32 am
Im holding on in there in my 20's.Just a couple of more months to go till Im the big 3-0.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 06:05 am
Going on 94
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 06:23 am
Younger n' springtime
and
Older n' dirt!
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 06:30 am
Sixteen. Shocked
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 07:01 am
Approaching wisdom with the dignity of a turtle.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 10:27 am
Well, I'm not on the first group anymore.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 10:57 am
Happy birthday Joe!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 04:04 pm
Thanks, though it was a little more than two months ago. Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 04:51 pm
Holding at 110.

Shocked

It will be interesting to see how this compares to previous polls with the same question.
0 Replies

Taliesin181

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 05:26 pm
19. I feel exceptionally young. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 05:27 pm
54, goin' on 12 . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 05:28 pm
By the way, your categorization is silly . . .

If you broke up categories between 50 and 90, you'd get more meaningful data--as it stands now, you're just getting data on the young, and the simply adult . . . a great many of our members are in middle age, or older . . .
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 05:32 pm
I remember Harry Truman's radio addresses interfering with my Saturday Morning radio favorites. The radio was a huge thing, with a deep yellow glow, which was the focal point of the living room. I remember 3-and-4-digit phone numbers, nickle postage, dime comic books, snacks, and comic books, and quarter-a-gallon gas with price wars occasionally dropping it into the mid-teens, quarter-a-pack major name brand cigarettes. A draught beer was usually a dime, canned or bottled went for a quarter, and a shot or mixed drink was fifty or seventy-five cents - a buck at real tony places, with booths, fancy glasses, dim lights and a 3-piece (piano, base viol, and sax, usually, but sometimes a drummer was there too) combo behind a singer who wore either a crew-cut and a narrow tie, or a ball gown and big hair. I remember when both the dimmer switch and the starter were ob the floor of the car. I remember my family being one of the first in town to get a TV set - and neighbors coming over to watch the likes of Ed Sullivan, Milton Berle, and Sid Caesar. There was 1 channel in town for several years. I remember carhops on rollerskates, sockhops on the gym floor, and the day my dad and one of my uncles, his brother, went off to the Korean War. I remember dad came home a couple years later, my uncle didn't. I remember family dinners with the whole family at the same table at the same time, with real conversation.

I can't remember right now where I put my glasses - I think they're in the kitchen, but I'm not sure.
0 Replies

Taliesin181

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 05:32 pm
Good point, Setanta. I think I'll usurp Quiet Sunshine's place and start a new topic with a more comprehensive list. It'll be interesting to see the results.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 06:28 pm
Set, middle age is older to me now than it was then...

Timber, I remember those same things. I'm sixty three and feeling fine. When I was (oh, here we go) Taliesin's age, being 63 was beyond my comprehension, if not always - some cool mds at the hospital where I worked after college classes must've been in their sixties - certainly I had trouble fully relating to people in their sixties as other than old people. <nods head in lack of imagination>

I think reading helped me get a handle on the breadth of human self perceptions at different ages and places.

As an aside, Taliesin, I've always wanted to ask you about your a2k name.
I am somewhat a fan of Taliesin in Arizona...
0 Replies

quiet sunshine

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 06:54 pm
Setanta wrote:
By the way, your categorization is silly . . .

If you broke up categories between 50 and 90, you'd get more meaningful data--as it stands now, you're just getting data on the young, and the simply adult . . . a great many of our members are in middle age, or older . . .

Sorry, I didn't know the age group is so extensive here, that's really amazing to me as all other forums I went are very young. But I always think communicating with older people will be beneficial because they experienced more and had more wisdom about life...
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 07:27 pm
sunshine wrote : "But I always think communicating with older people will be beneficial because they experienced more and had more wisdom about life... "

hey, this really makes us "51 and above" feel really good ! keep up the good work , sunshine !
we need all the encouragement we can get.

(we need a special category for setanta ... any suggestions ?). hbg
0 Replies

Taliesin181

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 10:02 pm
ossobuco: I decided on my name based on a Celtic Myth I read when I was 14-ish that always stuck with me. It's about a child who attains ultimate wisdom and is able to recall his past lives, among them Merlin(who also fascinates me).

here's the link:http://www.pantheon.org/articles/t/taliesin.html

As far as the work of art by Wright, I have not, alas, ever been there, though I want to someday. I was reading about it a few weeks ago, actually, and found out that wright named the building after the myth, so that was a pleasant surprise. Good talking to you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2005 10:06 pm
Taliesen, I thought you used that name from Frank Lloyd 'Wright's house in Arizona.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How old is everyone here?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/16/2024 at 07:44:50