We Knew It All Along

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 09:41 am
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/09/yes-they-are-coming-for-your-guns/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editors&utm_content=guns&fbclid=IwAR10ezwIk2AQXcxtRE79E3A1YzOLocl81ChhdikBiVTMuQF4ZTpQeKtydLg

Quote:
At the Democratic-primary debate in Houston last night, Beto O’Rourke formally killed off one of the gun-control movement’s favorite taunts: The famous “Nobody is coming for your guns, wingnut.”
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 1,490 • Replies: 65

oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 04:06 pm
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/09/yes-they-are-coming-for-your-guns/
fbclid=IwAR10ezwIk2AQXcxtRE79E3A1YzOLocl81ChhdikBiVTMuQF4ZTpQeKtydLg

Links are better without "Facebook click ID" tracking codes that tell Facebook who is clicking on each other's links.

Quite often links are just fine if the question mark and everything after it is removed (like this link here). But even if a link needs some of the code after the question mark, it doesn't need the Facebook tracking code.

But yes. Progressives hate our Constitution and want to abolish civil liberties. And everyone knows it.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 04:26 pm
Jeez. The gun psychos will still have plenty of guns to whack off with.

What’s telling is the gun psychos’ murderous response, “my AR is ready for you.”
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 04:38 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
What's telling is the gun psychos' murderous response, "my AR is ready for you."

That is a reasonable response for someone to have when progressives try to violate their civil liberties for fun.

But we can stop these progressive vermin from passing their hateful measures into federal law. And state and local violations can be overturned in the courts.

So there is no need for any shooting.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 06:52 pm
The point is that as usual, progressives are lying to the American public because they know that it won't accept what they really want.

"Don't be ridiculous, we don't want socialized medicine!" When Obamacare was passed they all thought it was a stopgap to a single-payer system and now we have them announcing that's what they want because they think Americans are ready for it.

"Don't be ridiculous, we're not going to come for your guns!"

Beto, alas, jumped the gun and admitted that is exactly what they want to do. I bet they are pissed at him.

They are liars, plain and simple, and they think Americans are too stupid to understand they are.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 07:35 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
What's telling is the gun psychos' murderous response, "my AR is ready for you."

That is a reasonable response for someone to have when progressives try to violate their civil liberties for fun.

Yeah, murder is a reasonable response...for a gun psycho.
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 08:53 pm
The point is, a majority of Americans support the banning of assault weapons, the gun psychos notwithstanding.

Gun psychos, get used to it.
longly

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 09:33 pm
@InfraBlue,
"The point is, a majority of Americans support the banning of assault weapons, the gun psychos notwithstanding.

Gun psychos, get used to it. "

I think what the people want is for the wrong people not to have weapons. We have always had guns in American society, but we have not always had this level of shootings. Something has changed. What we need more than gun control is people control. We need a way to keep guns away from unstable and violent people. Stop and frisk seemed like an idea to me, but it is not used anymore; why is that?
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 09:40 pm
@InfraBlue,
We are quite used to the fact that you want to violate our civil liberties for fun.

But here's the thing. It doesn't matter how much you want to violate our civil liberties for fun.

We have the voting power to prevent you from passing your unconstitutional gun bans at a federal level.

The only thing that your futile attempts to violate our civil liberties for fun are going to achieve is, you will waste all of your energy achieving nothing at all.

As a prime example of this, look at the way Obama squandered the entire first hundred days of his second term futilely trying to violate our civil liberties for fun, and ended up achieving nothing at all.

Additionally, one of these days the Supreme Court is going to get around to striking down whatever unconstitutional gun bans you guys pass on a state or local level.

Get used to that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 09:46 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Yeah, murder is a reasonable response...for a gun psycho.

Self defense is hardly murder.

The left's threat to violate people's civil liberties for fun is an empty threat.

Progressives don't have the power to do this on a federal level. And sooner or later the Supreme Court is going to put a stop to it in those localities where progressives do have the power to violate people's civil liberties for fun.

But it is still perfectly normal for people to want to defend themselves when progressives make an empty threat that they are coming to violate their civil liberties for fun.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 09:51 pm
@longly,
longly wrote:
Stop and frisk seemed like an idea to me, but it is not used anymore; why is that?

I think that was a New York City thing.

As I recall, leftists complained that it was unfair to criminals, and elected mayors who put a stop to the practice.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2019 10:20 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
The point is, a majority of Americans support the banning of assault weapons, the gun psychos notwithstanding.

Actually, the point is that a majority of Americans (yourself included) don't know the difference between a semiautomatic rifle and an assault rifle.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 03:47 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I know you find this hard to believe but normal people think killing children is wrong. It's especially wrong when it's just so some pathetic half man can strut around with a gun pretending to be important.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 05:54 am
In a so called civilised country which the US claims to be why in the name of Jesus do you need access to military grade weapons.

You're gun junkies, that's what's wrong with you. Gun addicts, drilled into you from an early age that guns are the answer to all your problems.
All your talk about the constitution and your civil rights is bullshit.

You're quite simply addicted to guns, it's an illness and like most junkies you can't see that.
hightor

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 06:26 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
At the Democratic-primary debate in Houston last night, Beto O’Rourke formally killed off one of the gun-control movement’s favorite taunts: The famous “Nobody is coming for your guns, wingnut.”

Um, Beto O'Rourke is not the voice of the gun control movement nor is he in a position to confiscate anyone's military-style weapons. He feels he can take this position because his city was the site of a recent mass shooting. I can't believe that the precious little gunbunnies are now trembling with fear because they heard that "Beto O'Rourke is coming for your guns, wingnut!" These invertebrates have got to stop using firearms as crutches and actually grow backbones. Is this an example of "the home of the brave"?
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 07:09 am
@hightor,
I concur that this O'Rourke creep is not in any position to seize anyone's guns, but let's try to be accurate. He proposed seizing ordinary guns. Nothing military about them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 07:10 am
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:
In a so called civilised country which the US claims to be why in the name of Jesus do you need access to military grade weapons.

Why are you talking about military grade weapons? This O'Rourke creep proposed seizing ordinary rifles.

eurocelticyankee wrote:
All your talk about the constitution and your civil rights is bullshit.

Not at all. Americans really do value our freedom and civil liberties.
Glennn

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 08:47 am
@hightor,
Quote:
nor is he in a position to confiscate anyone's military-style weapons.

No one is in a position to confiscate military-style weapons.
Quote:
These invertebrates have got to stop using firearms as crutches and actually grow backbones.

Reacting to a dumbass presidential candidate who doesn't know the difference between a military weapon and a military-style weapon doesn't indicate the lack of a backbone.
Quote:
Is this an example of "the home of the brave"?

No, it's an example of the home of the people who don't care to have presidential candidates promoting the confiscation of their property.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 08:51 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Why are you talking about military grade weapons?

Because he's not civilized enough to know the difference between grades of weapons.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2019 09:04 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
I can't believe that the precious little gunbunnies are now trembling with fear because they heard that "Beto O'Rourke is coming for your guns, wingnut!"

If David Duke started campaigning on the issue of re-enslaving black people, I expect that black people would express quite a lot of outrage over that (and justifiably so) even though they fully understand that he has no chance of actually carrying out such a plan.

It's a bit silly to act as if gun owners are somehow amiss when they express outrage over a progressive candidate pledging to violate their civil liberties for fun.

1. Forums
  2. » We Knew It All Along
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:31:50