BBB's Dolly was missing; then found

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 05:39 pm
My one-year old Shih Tsu is missing. Dolly got out of the house this afternoon. I didn't realize she was gone. A dog came into our front yard and the two dogs were in the house barking at him. I had opened the window in the front room earlier in the day and the dogs apparently jumped against the window screen and it fell out on the ground. Apparently Dolly jumped out, but Maddy (my two year old Bichon Fries) did not, which is amazing. I didn't realize Dolly was gone for about one-half hour. By then, there was no trace of her anywhere. I've spent the last three hours driving around my neighborhood and the areas outside my neighborhood. She has just disappeared. One problem is that she is so cute, that people pick her up. I hope someone who might pick her up would call me, but they might just want to keep her.

I think what happened is that Dolly followed the dog who came in our yard. The dog might live some distance from my house and Dolly can't find her way back home. I've driven around the apartment complex four blocks down the street, but can't find any trace of her.

I called animal control to report Dolly missing. All I can do now is to wait for a phone call that someone has found her. I don't even have a current photo of Dolly to make up posters to place around the neighborhood.

Maddy and I are heart broken. Maddy just waits at the window for her to come home. He's can't understand where his little Dolly is. It will be dark in another three hours.

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,681 • Replies: 35
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 05:43 pm
That's very sad, BBB.

Is there anyone in the neighbourhood who could take Maddy out on a leash to try and track Dolly?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 05:46 pm
Sorry, BBB. I know just how you feel.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 05:48 pm
ehBeth wrote:
That's very sad, BBB.

Is there anyone in the neighbourhood who could take Maddy out on a leash to try and track Dolly?

Several of my nice neighbors have driven around looking for Dolly, too, but she has just disppeared. I think someone has taken her inside. People are attracted to her because she is so cute and she is friendly.
I took Maddy in the car with me on several of my searches, but I'm not able to walk the neighborhoods. Maddy has never been trained to track. He just sits and waits by the door.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 05:50 pm
Edgar
Edgar, part of the problem is that Dolly is so small it's hard to see her from the car unless she is in the street or sidewalk.

BBB
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 05:55 pm
I always fall for the big dogs. You couldn't lose most of them if you tried.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 06:11 pm
BBB--

You sound remarkably calm in spite of the turmoil you must be in.

Does Dolly have a collar and tags?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 06:32 pm
Noddy
Noddy24 wrote:
BBB--

You sound remarkably calm in spite of the turmoil you must be in.

Does Dolly have a collar and tags?

Yes, she has a purple collar and three tags: Albuquerque animal registration number, national dog registry number and a tag with her name and my telephone number.

I'm sitting by the phone hoping someone will call me. I will go out for another drive in a few minutes to search for her again.

BBB
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 07:04 pm
hoping that youll be back together soon. Dont forget to look real close to the house, if a dogs not used to being out, it may hunker down in a crevise , or worse, (our cats do this) she could have followed someone into a garage and had the door locked on her.
Does she usually answer to a whistle or a call?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 07:10 pm
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that BBB. That would be my
worst nightmare, to have our dog missing. I do hope,
Dolly is not far and you will be reunited with her soon.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 07:24 pm
Oh, BBB, I am so sorry. I send my heartfelt wishes that she will return soon.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 07:44 pm
Dolly is found and safely home
Dolly is found and safely home. I was driving in my neighborhood and flagged down a man on a bicycle. I asked him if he'd seen a little black and white dog. He asked, "A black and white dog?" Just then, the people came out of their garage and asked, "are you looking for a little black and white dog? I said I was and they said Dolly was in their back yard. They don't know how she got in their back yard and apparently couldn't get out. They said they were going to call the phone number on her tags.

Oddly, this is the same family who picked up Dolly once before a couple of months ago and took her in their house. They were seen doing this by one of my neighbors and I was able to retrieve Dolly. They said they were going to call the phone number on her tags.

Now I don't know if they intentionally took Dolly or what. Anyway, I'm so relieved and happy to have the little **** (shih tsu) back. Maddy is jumping for joy. I admit, I cried and hugged her tight.

Mom
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 07:49 pm
I'm glad to hear your little girldog is home, BBB.

Next week you can work with her on where to go when she wanders off.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 07:51 pm
What a relief. Thank God she's home safe.
Usually Shitzu's don't wander off, they always stay put.
Strange, that this particular family has had Dolly once
before and now should not remember anymore?

Well, main thing is, she's home.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 07:52 pm
<sigh> Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 07:57 pm
I love happy endings.

Tonight you'd better sit Dolly down and read her Little Red Ridinghood. The world can be a dangerous place for adorable but foolish little girls.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 08:00 pm
Having met Dolly recently I tune in here with pleasure that she was found. I can see it is hard to tell about those neighbors... it's probably ok. I've taken dogs in, in the past, and called on the tags. They do seem rather slow about it, or don't they? I guess I'd clue in a few other neighbors to keep their eyes out.

On big dogs, hey, before we maintained a behind-the-tall-fence, dog, at-all-times mode back in Venice, our Irish setter used to take off on jaunts. He tended to follow blondes, mostly of the jogging variety. We got a call from Redondo Beach once, something like seven miles away.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 08:07 pm
Good for Aunt Bee . . . i am much relieved . . .
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:00 pm
Whew! Glad you found her before I found the thread.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 09:03 pm
"God bless us everyone"
0 Replies