What's the difference between the United Kingdom and Great Britain?

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2019 01:01 am
@JGoldman10,
I've never heard it before.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2019 01:13 am
@JGoldman10,
Scotland is totally different. Braveheart is set during the reign of Edward I, at the time England and Scotland were two separate counties, there had always been raids from both sides. It was about one country asserting its dominance over the other.

Edward ruled from 1272 to 1307. James VI of Scotland also became king of England following the death of Elizabeth I. That was 1603, three hundred years later.

Even though they both had the same monarch England and Scotland were separate countries until the Act of Union. At the time Scotland was bankrupt and England bailed it out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acts_of_Union_1707

You don't need to be an expert to read a Wikipedia page and educate yourself. Don't rely on Hollywood, Braveheart is full of historical inaccuracies, chief being that William Wallace didn't have an Australian accent.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2019 01:14 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

What's the Easter Uprising?

Find that out for yourself. Use google.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2019 03:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
It's like what a thief, crook, murderer, sexual predator, ... does adopting a new name to stay ahead of the law.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2019 06:15 pm
@izzythepush,
No crap. I know Braveheart's not historically accurate. I've said Hollywood should have made a Braveheart II, and made it about Wallace's son and continue where the first film left off. Some other British people told me he didn't have one.

izzythepush wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

What's the Easter Uprising?

Find that out for yourself. Use google.

How RUDE of you. You talk about this thing like I am supposed to know what it is. You're British- you couldn't just briefly told me?
JTT

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2019 08:17 pm
@JGoldman10,
Virtually none of the UK history is accurate. It is all propaganda just like the usa's.
0 Replies