ARE THERE ANY FOUNTAIN PENS ABLE TO UE INDIA INK??

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 04:55 am
Anybody know of such?? The Chinese fountain opens hve really come up in tech and quality but I dont know if theyve tackled this opportunity for fountain pen nut like me? I like to sketch using a fountain pen because its fountain pens are smooth writing. However, non India Ink is not watrproof.\\ANY HELP would be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,039 • Replies: 12
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by farmerman
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 08:11 am
I am interested to know also.
farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 08:24 am
@edgarblythe,
Old-time cartoonists used to have a fountain pen system that used India Ink and I could never find out about who made em .
0 Replies

edgarblythe
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 08:37 am
Have you tried this
farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 08:52 am
@edgarblythe,
wow, Noodler's Ink. It gets waterproof after several hours just like india Ink an It appears nice and black.
Thats what Im looking for, maybe Ill say screw the pen, Ill work with the colorfast ink instead. Thank you muchly. I got tired of his trying to speak English so I shut him down after he id the color rendering. Did h say where we can buy this stuff???
farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 08:54 am
@farmerman,
You rejiggered my question an came up with an excellent answer, so you got full credit and the much coveted Farmerman Red Thingy. Or I left you a F*RT
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 11:22 am
I didn't watch much of the video.
farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 05:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
I looked into that Noodling ink, and because its made of suspended particles I believe they have to add something like a glycol to keep the stuff in suspendion and then theyd also hve to dd a detergent to maintain the suspension . Bad news for pen owners of pens using bladders rather tha the plastic tubes with suction pump fillers(kinda like the barrels of hypodermic needles), Bladders will turn into goo in a short time.So I looked up a comments pge about Noodlesr and it had a number of negs for just that reason. One guy hd his goo bladder kind of leak all over his sweater.(He kept his pen hooked to the neckline of his cotton sweater . SO he had a sweater that contained a nice black stain that was nice and colorfast.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 06:36 pm
Good only in short term projects, I suppose.
farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 06:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
YEH, , Gotta go back and see if theres an india ink fountain pen.I do india ink quick sketches on which ill put a watercolor wash , later . India wont run like all other inks
roger

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 07:30 pm
I don't know about art stuff, but here's someone who does. https://able2know.org/user/realjohnboy/

He used to have a couple of art supplies stores.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 08:55 pm
@farmerman,
Could you fill the blader style fountain pen with India Ink, then empty and clean it when you're finished? I love fountain pens but have had trouble with the smooth delivery of ink....especially those plastic cartridge thingy's. Probably because I don't use them all that often anymore....maybe it's time to reactivate my old pens.
farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Sep, 2019 11:13 pm
@glitterbag,
the problem is that India ink will really gum up the nib and ink delivery system. Once set up, India ink is like cement.Youd have to keep the nib at least moist so the ink doesnt set up but you still will have to spray the nib with plain water to force out any of the ink particles that have begun to set-up

I usually use dippy pens and crow-quills in the studio but doing field sketching, its too much of a hassle. Ive used these disposal pens but they arent color fast, if you do a water color wash over them, the ink will bleed. I often use a light table and trace my field sketches but tht will look stiff almost like its a printer copy.
0 Replies