FFS Fix your Captcha security system please a2k

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 10:28 am
Been struggling to reset my password for a month or so. Haven't sweated it because I'm still signed into my work computer. Just want to sign in on my home computer... because? I would like to continue doing stuff over there on a2k.

Finally got around to trying to contact the helpdesk here because I thought being signed in here wouldn't be a problem.
Quote:
Trying to reset my password (so I can log in at home). Can't grab my password from this work browser because that feature is blocked by work admins.

I believe I have an updated Microsoft Edge browser at home but when I try to go through the password reset rigamarole, it always fails at the captcha stage and the request is never pushed forward to the server.

How in the heck do spammers get new accounts through when the captcha system fails at letting regulars go past this part?

Thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/UbSS57Q.jpg
Then this happened as my entire message was exorcised from the contact us page.
Huh? There's isn't a captcha tool now?

Yeah! I get to air my dirty a2k laundry here. Please fix the problems regarding the captcha system. And yes, I know I'm on a very old Microsoft Explore 11 browser. Don't point fingers at me. It's a law firm admin problem that I can't get around. Our computers are still at Windows 7. And since my home computer is up to date? I don't believe it's a personal browser issue.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 934 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 23 Aug, 2019 02:37 pm
I wonder if this might have something to do with membership drifting away....

...although that still wouldn't account for SPAM accounts being created all the time.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 12:03 pm
I just used the "contact us" form.

For anyone who is curious as to why, a perfectly reasonable post of mine was removed, and I am protesting it.

My first attempt resulted in the same "captcha error" message that you got.

Since I did not see any captcha challenge while trying to submit the form, I checked my ad blocker to see if the captcha had been blocked.

I did not see anything that looked like a blocked captcha in my ad blocker logs for the page.

Despite this, I turned off my ad blocker, reloaded the page, and tried again, just to see if any captcha showed up.

No captcha challenge showed up even with my ad blocker turned off. But.... with my ad blocker turned off, the "contact us" form worked, and my message was submitted.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2019 12:59 pm
@oralloy,
Forgotten about this thread. Though I'm, pretty sure I don't have ad blocker on this very outdated IE browser. I would try signing in using Google Chrome but our IT department has temporarily banned Chrome due to a recent situation from a not so diligent employee of the firm and a possible phishing mistake he or she made.
oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2019 01:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
Perhaps your IT department is blocking something, and my ad blocker was blocking that same something.

Have you tried using the "contact us" page from your home computer? I believe the "contact us" form works even when you are not signed in.
0 Replies