Which TV ads do you find confusing?

chai2

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 09:04 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

However I think Chai was referring that having a "break" from your period does not cause a medical issue.

Yes, exactly. Smile
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 12:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Could someone tell me how they taught that little green lizard in the insurance ads to speak English and drive a car?
Sturgis

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 01:22 pm
@RABEL222,
It's common knowledge that all geckos are able to speak the King's or Queen's English perfectly from birth, as well as drive any model of car, truck, RV, ATV, motorcycle etc. etc. (as you're aware, they can also dance divinely).

Less known is their skill in aeronautical vehicles.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 03:15 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Aside (not incomprehensible, just beyond annoying). If that pillow guy doesn't shut the hell up, I'm gonna buy one of his pillow just so I can shove it up his ass.

I scream every time I see his face. How about this Roberta, I'll steal a couple of those damn pillows, swing up to New York and pick you up. Then together we can hunt down that grinning pillow molester and stuff him with those crappy pillows.
Roberta

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 06:35 pm
@glitterbag,
Sounds like a plan. Let me know when the pillows are purloined. I'll be looking for you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 06:49 pm
@glitterbag,
I'll donate to help you buy as many pillows as necessary since they are so compliant.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 08:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Want to go with us on the pillow caper??? You can drive the getaway car.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 08:44 pm
@glitterbag,
I'll leave it up to you folks with better imagination, and closer distance to his factory.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 11:09 pm
@Roberta,
So, you're off to Minnesota (that's where the pillows are made).
Better head out soon as winter can be a bit nippy there...
glitterbag

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 11:15 pm
@Sturgis,
You want to drive the car? I'll make enough crab cakes for all of us.
Roberta

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 11:30 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis, I like cold. However, I think we can find out where he makes the commercials and go there.

glit, We need only two pillows. After all, he has only two stuffable orifices. Why waste money? Unless, of course, we create more orifices.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 11:40 pm
@glitterbag,
Trust me on this: You do not want me to drive the car.

My driving included cutting across 3 or 4 lanes of Second Avenue because the person told me to "park over there".

Stopping in a few crosswalks.

Being dangerously close to a person who had just exited their car and being annoyed with them!

Oh...never remembered to use the rearview mirror.

Yeah, I decided to cease driving...before I took out a streetlight.

I will accept the crab cakes though.

Before stuffing the guy, we oughta place his danged head on the pillow and press and ask him if he thinks that is "the most comfortable" he's ever been. then commence stuffing.

Oh, Roberta, only have to pay for one pillow. The ad says the second is free.

No, wait... if we go to the filming location we get to use the pillows there. No need to buy any.
roger

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 01:54 am
@Sturgis,
Sonofagun! I had no idea you lived in New Mexico.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 05:57 am
What gets me the most is all the wonderful images of the geriatric subject becoming an athlete from taking the current designer drug, while 80% of the commercial is a rapid reading of bad side effects.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 08:37 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I scream every time I see his face. How about this Roberta, I'll steal a couple of those damn pillows, swing up to New York and pick you up. Then together we can hunt down that grinning pillow molester and stuff him with those crappy pillows.

Just don't tear off the labels or you will be under penalty of law.

Stuffing the pillows down his throat is an understandable offense whereas cutting those labels off is not.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 02:38 pm
@roger,
I take it this might be standard driving there?
I've been to New Mexico a number of times. Some distant relatives in Albuquerque and friends in Santa Fe.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 03:15 pm
@Sturgis,
At least Santa Fe has a unique ambiance worth visiting.
roger

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 04:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Mud houses and pebblescaped lawns?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 05:21 pm
@roger,
some are pretty neat. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/33495590950612547/
With cactus as your vegetation, no maintenance required.
chai2

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 07:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Except that the reality is more like this....

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/cct-pittsec8-0531.jpg

https://assets.alignable.com/services/pictures/medium/1063696/1560789687_Tierra-Montosa-Onsite-Ex-s-2.jpg