Gun control

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 08:26 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
I do think that assault weapons will help if there is a zombie uprising.

I guess the purpose of this is mockery. In addition to being helpful to suppress zombie uprisings, assault weapons would be useful for the more mundane tasks of repelling a home invasion, a crime which I sometimes see reported in newspapers, or to help a populace protect itself against a tyrannical government should such appear. Do you not want people to have the means of self-defense?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 10:26 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
It's great to see how a civilized country responds to the danger of semi-automatic weapons in the hands of the bitter, the hateful, and the deranged. Buy 'em back, melt 'em down, and pour 'em deep into the bowels of the earth!

And if I don't want to sell it?

Well, then you should keep it.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 10:31 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

I assume you're not an advocate of the suggestion made by others here that all semiautomatic guns should be bought back and melted down. Or am I wrong about that?

I must have missed that, who suggested they be bought back and melted down??? OH, did you mean people should be forced to sell....like in eminent domain??? because in land matters they may not be able to sell, sometimes they are just kicked off the property (I think that sucks)
oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 01:34 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
oralloy wrote:
farmerman wrote:
Maybe we adopt a Swiss rule. Guns are held in private hands, AMMO is not.

People in Switzerland are very much able to own ammunition privately.

do some more reading, I'm sure a smart guy like you will discover why you're flat wrong. It'll be a nice object lesson re ownership by ex military, n who keeps the ammo.

Everything that I said is completely correct in every respect. Private ownership of ammo is very much allowed in Switzerland.
oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 01:42 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I must have missed that, who suggested they be bought back and melted down???

http://able2know.org/topic/527228-4#post-6882402
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 05:33 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

How would adding a pistol grip to a long gun help with zombies?
oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 05:56 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Private ownership of ammo is very much allowed in Switzerland.

Swiss citizens are allowed to own and possess:

a) as many semi-auto pistols as they can afford to buy

b) as many 20 round pistol magazines as they can afford to buy

c) as many semi-auto assault rifles as they can afford to buy

d) as many 10 round assault rifle magazines as they can afford to buy

e) as much handgun ammo and assault rifle ammo as they can afford to buy (they do have to own a weapon in the caliber of the ammo they are buying)

Swiss citizens who join a gun club and regularly train with their weapons are further allowed to own and possess:

a) as many pistol magazines with greater than 20 rounds as they can afford to buy

b) as many assault rifle magazines with greater than 10 rounds as they can afford to buy
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:30 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Guns are held in private hands, AMMO is not.

Could you provide a source to support this claim?

Didn't think so!
Glennn

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:37 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
. . . who suggested they be bought back and melted down?

That was Hightor's special dream.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:40 am
@Glennn,
you know how to look it up?
the nation is Switzerland.
Glennn

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:51 am
@farmerman,
Know what? I don't think you can support that made up claim of yours.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:52 am
@farmerman,
a) It isn't his job to back up your claims. Backing up your claims is your job.

b) There is no way to look up what you said, because what you said is completely untrue.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 07:55 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
In order to purchase ammunition, the buyer must follow the same legal rules that apply when buying guns. The buyer must provide the following information to the seller (art. 15, 16 WG/LArm; art. 24 WV/OArm):[2][1]

a passport or other valid official identification (the holder must be over 18 years of age) with valid address.
a copy of their criminal record not older than 3 months, or a weapons acquisition permit which isn't older than 2 years (art. 24 § 3 WV/OArm).
The seller must verify that the buyer is not psychiatrically disqualified nor identified as posing security problems (art. 8 § 2 WG/LArm).
Further, they must not be a citizen of the following countries (art. 12 WV/OArm): Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Turkey, Sri Lanka, Algeria and Albania).

maintain a waffentragbewilligung for carry.

Until 2007 all "home guard" and "reserve soldiers" had to maintain a weapon at hom and their ammo was "sealed" and accounted for at any call-in. Failur to comply was a criminal offense.

Ive got a pack Of Swiss gun regs here, so please dont make up th **** about unfettered ownership. You conveniently omitted the "conditions" and strictures to purchase and ownership.

Glennn

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 08:10 am
@farmerman,
You said that guns are held in private hands, AMMO is not.

Question of the day: Can the Swiss keep ammo at home?

A common meme going around the gun control circles these days is that, though the Swiss have lots of guns, they’re not allowed to keep ammunition at home, and that ammo is only available at authorized shooting ranges. The implication being that if the US restricted ammo in the same way, it’d be just as safe as Switzerland.

This claim is false, but there’s some subtleties involved that cause confusion. Hopefully I can clear things up a bit.

Up until 2012 the Swiss military required that soldiers (which is nearly all military-age men, due to their mandatory service) keep their military-issued rifle and a sealed box of military-issued ammo at home. This was intended to be used in case of invasion, so that soldiers could fight their way to a local armory to get more ammo, equipment, etc. In 2012, in light of the political and military stability in Europe, the military stopped issuing ammo for soldiers to keep at home and recalled the ammo that was previously issued.

The Swiss government encourages marksmanship by subsidizing ammunition sold at shooting ranges, even if that ammo is not used in the military-issued rifle. Subsidized ammo is intended only for training purposes, and it must be used at the range and cannot be taken home.

Similarly to the US, sporting goods stores and gun shops sell unsubsidized commercial ammo to gun owners for their own use. This ammo can be kept at home and used for any lawful purpose, such as self-defense, recreational or competitive shooting, hunting, etc.

Clear? Good. Now stop perpetuating falsehoods.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 08:35 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Linkat wrote:

How would adding a pistol grip to a long gun help with zombies?

All I know is it works awesome in the video games - the only issue I have is I end up shooting innocent non-zombies. But I figure if they are getting in the way where the zombies are they are going to be dead meat any way. Might as well make it a more humane killing rather than being eaten.

One thing is I have developed great skill in case of a zombie uprising.

I wonder if it is helpful for the newest feared uprising - that of robots.
oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 09:19 am
@Linkat,
What does the pistol grip do in the video game that makes such a difference?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 09:20 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
In order to purchase ammunition, the buyer must follow the same legal rules that apply when buying guns. The buyer must provide the following information to the seller (art. 15, 16 WG/LArm; art. 24 WV/OArm):[2][1]

a passport or other valid official identification (the holder must be over 18 years of age) with valid address.
a copy of their criminal record not older than 3 months, or a weapons acquisition permit which isn't older than 2 years (art. 24 § 3 WV/OArm).
The seller must verify that the buyer is not psychiatrically disqualified nor identified as posing security problems (art. 8 § 2 WG/LArm).
Further, they must not be a citizen of the following countries (art. 12 WV/OArm): Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Turkey, Sri Lanka, Algeria and Albania).

So in other words, Swiss citizens are free to own and possess as much ammunition as they can afford to purchase.

farmerman wrote:
maintain a waffentragbewilligung for carry.

Which does not change the fact that Swiss citizens are free to own and possess as much ammunition as they can afford to purchase.

farmerman wrote:
Until 2007 all "home guard" and "reserve soldiers" had to maintain a weapon at home and their ammo was "sealed" and accounted for at any call-in. Failur to comply was a criminal offense.

The ammo which was bought and paid for by the Swiss government had to be sealed and accounted for.

This does not prevent people from buying and possessing their own ammunition.

farmerman wrote:
Ive got a pack Of Swiss gun regs here,

Not one of them prevents Swiss citizens from owning and possessing as much ammunition as they can afford to buy.

farmerman wrote:
so please dont make up th **** about unfettered ownership.

I will never fabricate a single claim.

farmerman wrote:
You conveniently omitted the "conditions" and strictures to purchase and ownership.

That's because "the need to pass a criminal background check" and "the prohibition against selling to nationalities from war torn regions" are entirely irrelevant to the question of whether Swiss citizens are allowed to possess ammo.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 09:35 am
@farmerman,
I'll put this in terms that I know you will understand: You were wrongedy wrong.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 11:59 am
@Glennn,
you guys dont get it at all. clearance for Purchase of ammo implies ownership or is english a second language for ya?

Glennn

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2019 02:43 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
you guys dont get it at all.

Regarding Switzerland, you said that guns are held in private hands, but ammo is not. You've just had proof to the contrary put in front of you. That was funny enough. But then you got funnier when your assessment of that exchange is that we're the ones who don't get it?

1. Forums
  2. » Gun control
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 12:16:17