UN says no to Bush

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:22 am
Just now on NBC, Bush/Blair not to put resolution to vote, US says vote would have been close but no cigar, France says not even close, Bush to address nation tonite 8 p.m. EST. UN probably pulling staff from Iraq today.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,830 • Replies: 11
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:23 am
Oh gawd. Here it comes...
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:30 am
God help us !!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:48 am
We need more than god in this our president thinks he is on a mission from god and so do the terrorists in the middle east. We can win this war but will surely loose the peace.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 09:58 am
Dys, when I was a kid my brother always said when push came to shove we would get the rifles and drive up on the mesa and blow up the road after us. I can hardly resist the urge to drive to the Junction.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 10:01 am
Dyslexia:

Doesn't look good, but I think we may still be able to make something outta this. I'll be posting later tonight, as I have a rally today, and one probably tomorrow to go to.

I never thought I'd reach the point where I was scheduling my life around demonstrations, but I must do what I must do.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 10:05 am
That's cool, NeoGuin.

Can you keep us posted as to any national demonstrations? I also feel the need to do whatever can be done.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 10:23 am
What a horrible hand America got dealt when George Bush showed up in the cards.

But, you gotta play with the cards you are dealt -- and that is our fate for the next year and three quarters.

What a disgusting mess!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 10:25 am
Joanne you make it the Uncompahgre instead of the Mesa and i'm with you Wink
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 10:41 am
It's a deal dys, I want to spend my end days where I belong. Funny you should mention it, but that area is wher my mothers ashes were scattered. I think I could find some peace there. I am a pretty good at camp fire cooking. We, my family, used to breakfast in the mountains a lot. Cowboy coffee, pan cakes, and of course trout.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 01:05 pm
Sozobe:
MoveOn and
United For Peace are both good places to get info on protests.

I just got back from one today in Harrisburg and plan to go to at least two more--one tomorrow or wednesday and one on Saturday. I'll also keep My Anti-War Blog updated!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 03:15 am
Joanne
Camping out in the woods is great for doing some major soul searching ;-) That's why I moved to a place with plenty of woods :-D
0 Replies