Abbotsleigh Girls school or Ravenswood Girls school

hayley

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 07:52 pm
Iam very confused as to what school to send my daughter. I would like some feedback on the academic and overall comments on both of these schools Abbotsleigh and Ravenswood.

Thankyou very much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 7,968 • Replies: 10
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 04:31 am
Where are these schools located?
0 Replies

hayley

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:01 pm
Abbotsleigh & Ravenswood
These schools are located in Sydney NSW.
Abbotsleigh is located in Wahroonga & Ravenswood is located in Gordon both on the Pacific Hwy.

Thankyou.
0 Replies

Cam

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:32 am
Ravenswood is the only way

I'm an old Ravenswood girl, well actually i haven't finished school yet but i moved to england with my family, i lived in Wahroonga and had the choice between Ravenswood, abotsleigh And PLC in pymble and i never had one regret that i chose ravenswood, everyone is so incredibly nice, the atmosphere is amazing and the curriculum is at a very high standard... i highly reccomend ravenswood, abotsleigh isn't half as nice as all the girls are constantly at each other, and bullying is a big problem with many girls leaving... for your daughters sake send her to ravenswood and she will be happy for her whole schooling career...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 02:45 am
Anything wrong with the local public schools? (Sorry, couldn't help asking! :wink: )
0 Replies

Cam

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 04:53 am
Public vs Private
no there isn't anything wrong with public schools, but she was enquiring about ravo and abotsleigh which are both private girls schools...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2005 10:06 am
Wow!

I thought this one was way too obscure to get a response, but there ya go!

(Welcome, Cam, and hayley too.)
0 Replies

EMMMMMA

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 02:45 am
@hayley,
I have attended both abbotsleigh and Ravenswood. Abbotsleigh puts a lot of pressure on the acedemics however Ravenswood gives a more well runded education.Ravenswood acheives hire if you take into acount the nno entry ttest. Also rAVENSWOOD IS KNOWN TO BE A LOT LESS CATTY AND MORE AID BACK. sO ALL IN ALL ravens Wood IS BY FAR A BETTER CHOICE.
solipsister

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 03:41 am
@EMMMMMA,
girls girls girls
0 Replies

jacsha0

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 12:55 am
@EMMMMMA,
Hi

How do girls who are academically average get on at Abbotsleigh. Do they feel pressure? Do they get support from the teachers if they need help in any areas? Is it very competitive.
I'm trying to make a decision where to send my daughter. Both schools reported almost equivalent 2008 UAI results, so I suspect that there is pressure at both schools to perform academically?
regards
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 03:39 pm
Just fascinating!

Who knew there were that many people on the board who could discuss the relative merits of these 2 quite exclusive, and expensive, Sydney girls schools?

I have no opinion.

Would they mind answering some of the other Sydney schools questions. I have no idea why we attract so many.
0 Replies