Do you know what these gifts are for?

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 06:22 pm
As far as 'religion' goes, I am an not affiliated with any one in particular, but I meditate often, during my meditations in the last 5 months I have received these gifts. Could you tell me what they stand for, or mean? I will describe them to the best of my ability. I know they are buddhalike, but I still don't know what they are for.

A light blue egg with a light inside.
A goldon rope.
Goldon frisbee-like objects with jewels, thousands of them.
Swords, small and big.
An ancient looking boat.
Something that looks like a watch or compass.
And the most recent goldon toothpicks.

I have no idea what they are for. During meditations I spin them, and I don't know why, but it's alot of fun.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 860 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 06:52 pm
My teacher would have said they are all distractions. Objects, persons, lights all float in and out of our consciousness, if they float in, allow them to float out.

The same with thoughts...they float in, or up (it always seems to me), let them float out.

Joe(hold on that blue egg a moment though, you may open)Nation
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 07:15 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
My teacher would have said they are all distractions.

If that is true, then you had a fool for a teacher. Precious gifts should not be ignored or wasted.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 07:55 pm
If you have no idea what they are for, then how do you know that they are precious, and that they should not be ignored or wasted?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 08:10 pm
turtlette wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:
My teacher would have said they are all distractions.

If that is true, then you had a fool for a teacher. Precious gifts should not be ignored or wasted.

Sorry. I thought you said you were meditating, not dreaming. Go on dreaming.

Joe(you might look at the blue orb again, you may open.)Nation
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 08:31 pm
About that sword thing, small and big, are you familiar with the writings of Freud? Some swords cut both ways you know. If some cups so up I would check out a dec of Tarot cards (discard the pentacles-nothing but trouble)
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:03 pm
Thank you for your sincere responses, I shall take them into consideration.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 05:34 am
You're welcome.

Joe(an empty mind unfettered by thoughtful reason)Nation
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 08:21 am
InfraBlue wrote:
If you have no idea what they are for, then how do you know that they are precious, and that they should not be ignored or wasted?

I know the same way I know a baby is precious when I look at him or her. I don't know what their lot in life will be, but my ignorance dosn't diminish the value of thing's or people I see.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 09:15 am
It's interesting. I know you think my teacher was a fool, but his practice of mediation was to free the mind from all distractions completely. The objects that you see are the mind's attempts to hold us on this level and your spinning of them shows that they have done so. detachment is difficult.

I wish you well.

Joe(I need to go sit now myself)Nation
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 08:57 pm
Re: Do you know what these gifts are for?
turtlette wrote:

A light blue egg with a light inside.
A goldon rope.
Goldon frisbee-like objects with jewels, thousands of them.
Swords, small and big.
An ancient looking boat.
Something that looks like a watch or compass.
And the most recent goldon toothpicks.

I have no idea what they are for. During meditations I spin them, and I don't know why, but it's alot of fun.

A light blue egg with a light inside: creativity/creation/the mystery of creation
A golden rope: a means to escape/climb out; also perhaps a feeling of bondage; might also be a wish for ascension/spiritual enlightenment
Golden frisbee-like object with thousands of jewels: extraterrestrial visitors? :wink: Possibly representing the desire to reach spiritual perfection.
Swords of various sizes: uncertainty concerning your personal potency/power/ability to reach your goals (material or spiritual); or, as dyslexia suggested with his reference to Freud, you may be subconsciously fixating on penises.
An ancient looking boat: a wish/desire to take a spiritual journey
Golden Toothpicks: ?! a desire to be free from food between your teeth; perhaps you were hungry for hor d'oeuvres ? (If they were spears or lances rather than toothpicks, then we're back to potency/power or possibly fixating on penises.)

And 'spinning' them during meditation? That seems to defeat the purpose of meditation.
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 11:23 pm
Re: Do you know what these gifts are for?
Mills75 Wrote:

"A light blue egg with a light inside: creativity/creation/the mystery of creation."

You are correct!

"A golden rope: a means to escape/climb out; also perhaps a feeling of bondage; might also be a wish for ascension/spiritual enlightenment."

Half correct, ascension/spiritual enlightenment.

"Golden frisbee-like object with thousands of jewels: extraterrestrial visitors? :wink: Possibly representing the desire to reach spiritual perfection.

You get 10 points for "desire to reach spiritual perfection."

"Swords of various sizes: uncertainty concerning your personal potency/power/ability to reach your goals (material or spiritual); or, as dyslexia suggested with his reference to Freud, you may be subconsciously fixating on penises."

If I want to think about a man's penis...then I think about a mans penis. Not swords! Laughing
Now, you and dyslexia have me a little concerned here, may I suggest the two of you get a room...in a therapists office? asap!
Laughing

"An ancient looking boat: a wish/desire to take a spiritual journey."

Close enough.

"Golden Toothpicks: ?! a desire to be free from food between your teeth; perhaps you were hungry for hor d'oeuvres ?"

I don't think so my dear, it's like this, when I'm hungry I eat, if I have food in my teeth I brush them.

"(If they were spears or lances rather than toothpicks, then we're back to potency/power or possibly fixating on penises.)"

There you go with the penises again. Tell me, who here is fixating on them? Laughing

"And 'spinning' them during meditation? That seems to defeat the purpose of meditation."

There is more than one way to meditate. You could try it if you like, maybe it will get your mind of of all of those penises. Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:49 am
Oh, I thought you were asking a question. You already know what they mean.

Joe( ah ha)Nation
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 10:31 pm
turtlette: it does seem a bit strange, perhaps even disingenuous, to have asked such a question when you seemingly already feel you know it's answer.

My responses are based on the most common meanings for these symbolic archetypes (though I'm aware of no precedence specifically for toothpicks--you might try meditating on what toothpicks mean to you).

The sword is a classic phallic symbol; it typically represents power, masculinity, male potency, violence, or, depending on the context, the penis itself. Any relatively long tapered instrument or construct, or long instrument of violence or war, can be a phallic symbol. (The feminine counterpart is the yonic symbol--typically round fruit or receptacles (cup, jar, vase, etc.) serve as yonic symbols, though a house/home can be one as well.)

Sigmund Freud, father of psychoanalysis, believed that what we dreamed symbolically represented our subconscious thoughts, wishes, and/or fixations. Thus dreaming of swords (or seeing them while meditating) would indicate a likely phallic fixation. Of course, when a student asked him about his nearly compulsive cigar smoking Freud responded, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 01:09 am
It does seem to be more about dreams, day-dreaming and the control of dream objects. It's nice, it's not harmful, but as to the statement that there is more than one way to meditate. If you say so.

My teacher used to to talk about watching his students meditate. First, all the faces would be blank, then, as someone had a happy thought, there would be a smile, or if someone had a serious thought, there would be a frown, but the students who were meditating, the ones who were not thinking or seeing, held the same unmoved, unchanging face of the Buddha.

Joe(this was long ago and far away, yet it still touchs me)Nation
0 Replies