Possibility of being pregnant

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 08:46 pm
Okay so four days into tarting birth control I had sex. I was on my period and we used a condom. Plus, my boyfriend never ejaculated in the condom or inside me at all. When taking the in-tact condom off i noticed white stuff towards the opening and kind of freaked out cause I thought it was pre-eiaculate (even though his comes in small amounts and is clear) so the next morning I took Plan b and then continued my birth control as normal. I’m currently having spottingand now bright red bleeding and I’m nervous it’s implantstio. Bleeding. I know that it’s nearly impossible given the circumstances and is likely just from bc/plan b. Is it likely I’m pregnant? I just need some peace of mind. I can’t take a pregnancy test for another week or so and I can’t vbare the wait.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,098 • Replies: 53

AthenaJane

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 10:43 pm
I would highly doubt you would be, even though it's to early to tell if you are pregnant you could always see a doctor and do you know when your period is due to end? It might just be the end of that
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 10:53 am
@helloclaricee,
To answer your question it is very unlikely to be pregnant while you are on your period but it can happen especially when you have sex towards the end of your menstrual cycle.

I am just curious, do you normally have sex during your periods? It seems to be very unnatural or may be it seems to me because I am raised as a Muslim and I look at things differently.

Below is what Quran says about this:

Quote:
“They ask you concerning menstruation. Say: that is an Adha (a harmful thing for a husband to have a sexual intercourse with his wife while she is having her menses), therefore, keep away from women during menses”
[Quran 2:222] 

Scientific studies in this field have disclosed to us some of the harm that is referred to in this verse, but they have not managed to describe all the harms that are referred to in the Quranic text. 

Dr. Muhiy al-Deen al-Alabi said: “It is essential to refrain from having intercourse with a menstruating women because doing so leads to an increase in the flow of menstrual blood, because the veins of the uterus are congested and prone to rupture, and get damaged easily; and the wall of the vagina is also susceptible to injury, so the likelihood of inflammation is increased, which leads to inflammation in the uterus and in the man’s penis, because of the irritation that occurs during intercourse. Having intercourse with a menstruating woman may also be off-putting to both the man and his wife, because of the presence and smell of blood, which may make the man impotent (i.e., uninterested in sex). 

Dr. Muhammad al-Baar said, speaking of the harm that may be caused to the menstruating woman: The lining of the uterus is shed during menstruation, and the uterus is scarred as a result, just like when the skin is flayed. So it is vulnerable to bacteria and the introduction of the bacteria that are to be found at the tip of the penis poses a great danger to the uterus.  

Hence the penetration of the penis into the vagina at the time of menstruation is no more than the introduction of germs at a time when the body is unable to fight them. 

Dr. al-Baar thinks that the harm is not limited to what he describes of the introduction of germs into the uterus and vagina which is difficult to treat, rather it also extends to other things, namely: 
1. The spread of infection to the fallopian tubes, which may then become blocked, which in turn may lead to infertility or ectopic pregnancy, which is the most dangerous kind of pregnancy.
2. The spread of infection to the urethra, bladder and kidneys; diseases of the urinary tract are usually serious and chronic.
3. Increase of germs in the menstrual blood, especially gonorrhea germs. 
The menstruating woman is also in a physical and psychological state that is not conducive to intercourse, so if it takes place it will harm her a great deal and cause her pains during her period, as Dr. al-Baar said: 

1. Menstruation is accompanied by pains, the severity of which varies from one woman to another. Most women experience pains in the back and lower abdomen. For some women the pain is unbearable and has to be treated with medication and painkillers.
2. Many woman suffer depression and stress during their period, especially at the beginning, and their mental and intellectual state is at the lowest level during menstruation.
3. Some women suffer migraines just before their period starts, and the pain is severe and causes visual disturbances and vomiting.
4. Women’s sexual desire decreases, and many woman have no interest at all in sex during their periods. The entire reproductive system is in a state that is akin to sickness, so intercourse at this time is not natural and serves no purpose, rather it can cause a great deal of harm.
5. A woman’s temperature drops during menstruation, as does her pulse and blood pressure, which makes her feel dizzy, exhausted and lethargic. 
Dr. al-Baar also mentions that the harm is not only caused to the woman by having intercourse with her, rather the man is also affected by this action, which may cause infection in his reproductive system which may lead to sterility as a result. The severe pains suffered as a result of this infection may be even worse than the sterility it causes.  
And there are many other harmful effects, some of which have not yet been discovered, but Allah has referred to them when He said (interpretation of the meaning): 

Quote:
“Say: that is an Adha (a harmful thing for a husband to have a sexual intercourse with his wife while she is having her menses), therefore, keep away from women during menses and go not unto them till they are purified (from menses and have taken a bath)”
[al-Baqarah 2:222]

Allah has described it as adha, a harmful thing both for the wife and for the husband, and other harmful effects about which Allah knows best. 
Thus it becomes clear that the prohibition on intercourse at the time of menstruation is not just because of the blood, rather it is for many reasons as stated above. 

However it is permissible for a man to be intimate with his wife, without having intercourse (at the time of menstruation). 

I thought I should share my view and hope you can benefit from this in future. If you disagree that totally fine for me. My intention is only to share what I believe is from our Creator and our Creator knows what is best for us.

Peace!
chai2

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 07:13 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
HabibUrrehman wrote:

Scientific studies in this field have disclosed to us some of the harm that is referred to in this verse, but they have not managed to describe all the harms that are referred to in the Quranic text. 

Dr. Muhiy al-Deen al-Alabi said: “It is essential to refrain from having intercourse with a menstruating women because doing so leads to an increase in the flow of menstrual blood, because the veins of the uterus are congested and prone to rupture, and get damaged easily; and the wall of the vagina is also susceptible to injury, so the likelihood of inflammation is increased, which leads to inflammation in the uterus and in the man’s penis, because of the irritation that occurs during intercourse. Having intercourse with a menstruating woman may also be off-putting to both the man and his wife, because of the presence and smell of blood, which may make the man impotent (i.e., uninterested in sex). 

Dr. Muhammad al-Baar said, speaking of the harm that may be caused to the menstruating woman: The lining of the uterus is shed during menstruation, and the uterus is scarred as a result, just like when the skin is flayed. So it is vulnerable to bacteria and the introduction of the bacteria that are to be found at the tip of the penis poses a great danger to the uterus.  

Hence the penetration of the penis into the vagina at the time of menstruation is no more than the introduction of germs at a time when the body is unable to fight them. 

Dr. al-Baar thinks that the harm is not limited to what he describes of the introduction of germs into the uterus and vagina which is difficult to treat, rather it also extends to other things, namely: 
1. The spread of infection to the fallopian tubes, which may then become blocked, which in turn may lead to infertility or ectopic pregnancy, which is the most dangerous kind of pregnancy.
2. The spread of infection to the urethra, bladder and kidneys; diseases of the urinary tract are usually serious and chronic.
3. Increase of germs in the menstrual blood, especially gonorrhea germs. 
The menstruating woman is also in a physical and psychological state that is not conducive to intercourse, so if it takes place it will harm her a great deal and cause her pains during her period, as Dr. al-Baar said: 

1. Menstruation is accompanied by pains, the severity of which varies from one woman to another. Most women experience pains in the back and lower abdomen. For some women the pain is unbearable and has to be treated with medication and painkillers.
2. Many woman suffer depression and stress during their period, especially at the beginning, and their mental and intellectual state is at the lowest level during menstruation.
3. Some women suffer migraines just before their period starts, and the pain is severe and causes visual disturbances and vomiting.
4. Women’s sexual desire decreases, and many woman have no interest at all in sex during their periods. The entire reproductive system is in a state that is akin to sickness, so intercourse at this time is not natural and serves no purpose, rather it can cause a great deal of harm.
5. A woman’s temperature drops during menstruation, as does her pulse and blood pressure, which makes her feel dizzy, exhausted and lethargic. 
Dr. al-Baar also mentions that the harm is not only caused to the woman by having intercourse with her, rather the man is also affected by this action, which may cause infection in his reproductive system which may lead to sterility as a result. The severe pains suffered as a result of this infection may be even worse than the sterility it causes.  

This is the biggest load of horsesh!t I have ever heard.

You really believe the uterus is being "scarred and flayed" during menstruation?

And that a healthy woman is less able to "fight off infection" at this time?

whoo boy.
roger

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 07:59 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

You really believe the uterus is being "scarred and flayed" during menstruation?

whoo boy.
Must be true because, you know, it's unclean. Right?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 08:02 pm
@roger,
There are days I really wish I never learned how to read.
roger

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 08:13 pm
@glitterbag,
I know what you mean, but isn't it amazing what we force science to say when we have a need to prove our religion?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 08:18 pm
@roger,
It is utterly amazing. Dear God in heaven, flayed????
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 09:21 pm
@chai2,
Are you a doctor? Perhaps the best things would have been to either keep quite about things you don’t know or confirm with the limited resources you have.
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 09:25 pm
@roger,
Your initial reaction was right but then I see that you thought I am trying to prove Quran using medical science. Quran is there for 1400+ years and for Muslims it is enough that such ruling is in Quran. We did not need science to follow what God commands. However when science establishes a facts which is described in Quran 1400 years ago then it is something to ponder above for non believers. Making fun of these things only shows ignorance, nothing else. Below is a link for a video which explains Islamic ruling on mensuration if you are interested.

https://youtu.be/mY4n5G8bp_E
roger

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 09:52 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
I believe in your sincerity. Still, I really think you should avoid such topics in the future. You have nothing to offer.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 10:03 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
How about this, when you grow a uterus and ovaries, maybe we can talk.
HabibUrrehman

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 10:14 pm
@glitterbag,
That’s funny and thanks for the laugh.

It’s not my teaching, it is the teaching of our creator and He knows what best for us. All the best.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 10:21 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
I'm pretty sure He (creator) doesn't have a uterus either.
HabibUrrehman

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 10:30 pm
@glitterbag,
You are most likely one of those who don’t believe in God. If so, I am not surprised. There are many who made fun of God and will keep doing so until they meet their Lord.

With that said, it is best for us to not debate further on this since it is not going to be beneficial for either of us. We can agree to disagree and move on.
chai2

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 10:41 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
HabibUrrehman wrote:

Your initial reaction was right but then I see that you thought I am trying to prove Quran using medical science.

Wrong.

I never gave the Quaran a single thought when I wrote my post. This thread has nothing to do with any religion. You're the only one who has brought that up.

I am appalled that you think mentruation scars a womans uterus, and that the menstrual lining, the endometrium, sloughing off is comparable to flaying.

One does not need to be a doctor to understand this basic biological process. The very idea of being told by someone that they need to "keep quiet" about things "they don't understand" is laughable.
You need to take that sentiment and turn it towards yourself, as you obviously have not got a clue as to how it works.

Without even looking anything up, it's common knowledge that progesterone and estrogen levels increase in a womans body as she approaches ovulation. If the egg is not fertilized, the hormone levels quickly decreases, and the endometrium can no longer adhere to the uterus, and it sloughs off over a few days, leaving the uterus via the cervix and vagina.

In fact, if a womans uterus were being scarred, she would have a hard time getting pregnant ever, as the scars would prevent the egg from implanting.

Likewise, if a womans uterus were being flayed, that too would cause awful damage, and impregnation would be very difficult.

Women aren't more suspectible during menstruation to infection. They are not sick, and many women in fact have an increased sex drive during their period. Sex during a womans period is not painful or dangerous to her or her partner. Oh, and as a rule we do not become "dizzy, exhausted and lethargic" A man doesn't become sterile or get an infection from having sex with a menstruating woman.

I'm not advocating or discouraging men and women from having sex during this time. Personally, it's not for me. But that has nothing to do with all this false information you presented.

Like glitterbag said, come back when you have a uterus, and we'll talk about what it feels like to menstruate.

We aren't sick, or susceptible to any maladies during that time. We're just sloughing off blood that wasn't circulating in our system, and that won't be needed since a pregnancy didn't occur.

In fact, that lining of blood is just there during the pregnancy to keep the walls of the middle of the uterus from adhering to each other. During the pregnancy as blood increases and becomes the placenta, which nourishes and oxygenates the fetus (that's in laymans terms)

glitterbag

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2019 10:43 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
Just because I can see the hypocrisy of some of the 'believers' doesn't mean I have no faith. That being said, I find people who constantly redirect the conversation to their own 'sacred beliefs' tiresome and useless. And since I also have a uterus and ovaries and have birthed children, I am a little more familiar with the particulars than ancient scribes.
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 09:15 am
@chai2,
Let me remind you the way this dialogue took place.

Chai wrote in response to Habib's post

Quote:

whoo boy.

Roger replied Chai

Quote:
Must be true because, you know, it's unclean. Right?

Roger replied to glitterbag

Quote:
@glitterbag,
I know what you mean, but isn't it amazing what we force science to say when we have a need to prove our religion?

Habib Replied to Roger

Quote:
@roger,
Your initial reaction was right but then I see that you thought I am trying to prove Quran using medical science. Quran is there for 1400+ years and for Muslims it is enough that such ruling is in Quran. We did not need science to follow what God commands. However when science establishes a facts which is described in Quran 1400 years ago then it is something to ponder above for non believers. Making fun of these things only shows ignorance, nothing else. Below is a link for a video which explains Islamic ruling on mensuration if you are interested.

https://youtu.be/mY4n5G8bp_E

Habib Replied to Chai

Quote:
@chai2,
Are you a doctor? Perhaps the best things would have been to either keep quite about things you don’t know or confirm with the limited resources you have.

I put all these so that you can read how this conversation started and who said what. Who brought religion in? Roger did and I replied to Roger not to you, so how do you took that portion of my post and started blaming me that I brought Quran and religion into this discussion?

Quote:
I never gave the Quaran a single thought when I wrote my post. This thread has nothing to do with any religion. You're the only one who has brought that up.

I believe you that Quran was not in your mind. I have no intention to bring religion in these discussions either. If you read my initial post you can see that it was clear that I was only giving my point of view and I did not say that it absolute authority on Muslims and non-Muslims. below is the quote from my first post

Quote:
To answer your question it is very unlikely to be pregnant while you are on your period but it can happen especially when you have sex towards the end of your menstrual cycle.

I am just curious, do you normally have sex during your periods? It seems to be very unnatural or may be it seems to me because I am raised as a Muslim and I look at things differently.

My this post at this point is just to clear some misunderstanding. I know you, Roger and glitterbag are all open minded people and I have great respect for all of you. We can disagree on our views but at least we should give it a try to understand other person's point of view or do research on our own end to see if other person's view carry some weight?

Now let me go to our main point of disagreement.

chai2 wrote:

Quote:
I am appalled that you think mentruation scars a womans uterus, and that the menstrual lining, the endometrium, sloughing off is comparable to flaying.

Let's see how doctor's define mensuration cycle (you can google that at your own):

What is menstruation?
Menstruation describes the female period. The menstruation cycle begins when a woman gets her periods. The menstrual blood which leaves her body are products shed from the uterus (the uterine lining also called the endometrium). During the remainder of the menstrual cycle the uterine lining regrows. It does so in preparation for pregnancy, which occurs if the egg (oocyte) a woman releases about half way through her menstrual cycle is fertilised. When fertilisation occurs, the lining stays in place to nourish the fertilised egg. When fertilisation does not occur the menstrual cycle continues and the uterine lining is shed marking the start of the woman’s next menstrual period.

Source: https://healthengine.com.au/info/menstruation-period-or-menstrual-cycle

Quick look at the menstrual cycle and periods
A woman’s period, or menstruation, is when the lining of the womb sheds, along with blood, exiting through the vagina. When these periods occur regularly, this is referred to as the menstrual cycle.
A period happens if egg fertilization does not occur. This menstruation usually lasts 3-5 days. The average menstrual cycle lasts 28 days, but can range from 21-45 days depending on the woman’s age.
The cause of the monthly period is related to the changes a woman’s body undergoes in ovulating an egg roughly once a month for possible reproduction.
Various treatment options are available for the many women experiencing abnormal (heavy, irregular or painful) periods and other issues.

For more details see source below:

https://rmob.coloradowomenshealth.com/health/menstrual-cycle-periods

These statement are exactly what I said. You would have appreciated my post much more only if you would have tried to understand what I mean and searched at your own. I am an open minded person and don't hesitate to apologize if I am wrong and I could be wrong. My purpose is always to share what I know for a healthy debate so that me and other can benefit. It is never to force my ideology on anyone else. Truth always stands out and attracts others just like bees gets attracted to honey.

Peace to everyone and let's build this trust with each other for future dialogues. I am open to learn from you guys and I am also open to any criticism which is positive and helpful for me to learn new things.
chai2

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 09:56 am
@HabibUrrehman,
#1 I have no control over what someone else says. Don't drag me into it.
#2 You accused me directly of something I didn't say.
#3 You (via this so called doctor) mentioned scarring and flaying. That is what I called horseshit, and I still do. Plus all the other nonsense he said and you apparantly believe about menstruation, and I corrected you.
#4 You brought up religion, no one else.
#5 I still haven't brought up religion.

Finally, I have no need to google what menstruation is. I know exactly what it is.
You however, seem to believe a myriad of untrue things about it. Like the womans uterus is being scarred and flayed, that she is sick during that part of her cycle, etc.

If you want to bitch to someone or talk about the Quaran or religion, keep it away from me. Start your own thread about menstruation and the Quaran.

Side note.
I find it funny that in another thread you said that no one could understand going through a miscarriage unless they have gone through it.

Here, you tell me, a woman, to keep quiet about what happens during menstruation because I don't know about it/don't have knowledge etc.. This despite the fact I've gone through more than 400 cycles in my life.

So who should not be talking about something they've never gone through?

Stick to the subject. Possibility of being pregnant.
HabibUrrehman

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 10:22 am
@chai2,
Again nice twisting of words with no facts and proof. I did not accuse you of anything and that was the purpose of my first half of last post but of course you can't understand simple English.

You denied the definitions given by medical doctors who surely know much more than you do. Good luck to your belief system and research methodology. I have no interest in dragging this subject further. We can agree to disagree.

1. Forums
  2. » Possibility of being pregnant
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:24:46