Made these....

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 01:34 am
It's for a virtual site... lolz

Do they make sense?

Mimi the naughty cat played with the yarn bin causing it to tip over Rex the neurotic dog. If there were 12 more red yarn balls than blue yarn balls and yellow yarn balls are equal to half of the red yarn balls, how many yellow yarn balls can Rex the neurotic dog see falling down on him?

Nena the worrisome cat was worried. Her 3 kittens had big apetites. The sushi she cooked wasn't enough. Lin-lin the kitten ate 2 more sushis than Moir the kitten and Ginger the kitten combined. Moir the kitten ate 2 more sushis than Ginger who ate only half what Lin-lin ate. Nena knew her kittens were not able to eat equal shares. She was such in a worry that she forgot how many sushis she made.

How many sushi did Nena the worrisome cat make?

Prob #3

Saime the dumpling dog vows to win the most dumplings created contest. She is given the recipe and ingredients as well as the size of the dumplings which should be 3 cm in diameter.

Preparing the ingredients, she fills a cylinder 12 inches in height and 10 inches in diameter to th brim. How many sushis will Saime the dumpling dog be able to make?

[comment: this is easier than it looks.]

Prob #4

The crime scene, a desktop in Manila, Philippines. 40 bowls of pet food are missing. The dekstop was penned immediately by Gopets K9 units. 4 suspects were rounded up and each gave an alibi.

Donny the insomniac dog claimer he never noticed anything because he was fast asleep.
Catnap the punk rapper cat with the bulging stomach claimed he was busy memorizing rap lyrics for his owner.
Asuka the skater dog claimed he was too busy playing with the arcade machine so he couldn't have taken th pet food.
Sakura the morphing cat who just had her color changed had no alibis and she had wierd colors near her mouth.

Waitley the detective dog was baffled. As far as he knows, the pet food can't be seen in the desktop, there were a lot of pet food, any of the suspects would have ample time to eat or take the pet food, and that any one of them could be lying.

Who is the thief?

[comment: easier than it looks.]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 742 • Replies: 4
No top replies

markr

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 08:53 am
#1 has more than one solution.

Don't have time for the rest right now...
0 Replies

RyanM

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:04 pm
For problem #3 I think it would be:
((((10/2)^2)*3.14)*12)/(1.5 in the equation for finding the area of a sphere)
0 Replies

markr

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 12:11 am
1) R=B+12
R=2Y

Infinite number of solutions.

2) L=M+G+2
M=G+2
L=2G

Combining the first with the second gives
L=2G+4
which contradicts the third.
No solutions.

3) The volume of the cylinder is 300*pi*2.54^3 cc.
The volume of a dumpling is (4/3)*pi*1.5^3 cc.

Therefore, 1092 dumplings can be made.

But you asked for sushis, so zero.

4) I suspect Donny, the insomniac who claimed to be asleep.
0 Replies

megalomax

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 01:58 am
uhuh, made a booboo. Sorry. lolz, I made last minute revisions to the final probs and sent it to the gopets UO weekly news. Smile
0 Replies