Today, it is humans who are the asteroid

maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2019 11:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I have had Max on and off ignore several times. I finally concluded it's not worth it. Look at this thread. Once again he has made it all about himself and diverting energy away from the topic.

Ironically, it was Edgar who made this thread about me. I was posting on the topic. This is the exact post where this thread became about me -
https://able2know.org/topic/524482-2#post-6870587

It would be best if Edgar too kept me on ignore.

glitterbag

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2019 11:29 pm
@maxdancona,
Was this the point where you brought up colloidal silver or are you talking about the time you blew up his 'metoo' thread. Maybe you should put Edgar on ignore, it seems you have a desperate need to ruin his threads. You will feel better., really, just say no.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2019 11:36 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Was this the point where you brought up colloidal silver or are you talking about the time you blew up his 'metoo' thread. Maybe you should put Edgar on ignore, it seems you have a desperate need to ruin his threads. You will feel better., really, just say no.

Weren't you going to put me on ignore? It isn't working Wink

Edgar is pushing a political ideology in his threads. They are in a public forum. I disagree with his ideology, and I am posting on topic.

If you want to post political ideology without hearing other points of view, post on Facebook where you can filter out anyone who doesn't agree with you. This is a place where people can post their opinions whether they agree with your or not.

In my opinion, that is the point of Able2know. This is not designed to be an echo chamber.

You can ignore me, or you can engage with me, or you can launch into nasty name-calling. It is the name-calling that is "derailing" Edgar/'s threads. And he is the chief culprit.

If he is really looking for an echo chamber, he is on the wrong platform. He can stop derailing his own threads if he wants.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 25 Jul, 2019 11:51 am
You strain credulity. You say terrible things about people, you assign the vilest connotation to off hand comments and you do make everything about you, glorious, well adjusted, open minded ‘you’ , ‘you’ , ‘you’. You always say you are here for the ‘debate’, the ‘discourse’ ahhhhh yes the discourse. You want to engage, so why don’t these other mean posters engage with you. Maybe they want an echo chamber, yeah that’s the ticket.....

Let’s try it this way:
There are times Max when folks just want to enjoy music....let’s say several people want to talk about the Beatles.......so they get together and swap stories about their favs or how old they were when certain songs were popular, they even spin a few discs and sing along. So it’s only about a temporary but enjoyable moment in shared history. It’s not about dissing you, or ignoring your devoted passion for the Andrew Sisters or led Zeppelin.......it’s just a shared moment.......you don’t have to contemptuously ridicule the fact that Led Zeppelin is not being discussed or make yourself a victim because the ‘clique’ is purposefully ignoring your beloved Led Zepplin, or Andrew Sisters......that’s not what’s happening, it’s simply a conversation and a shared moment and it’s not an organized attempt to muzzle you or degrade you or to do anything to you.

There you go, so now I’ve engaged you, I’ve made an attempt to explain what I think is happening so you don’t automatically think the other members only post to annoy you. I’ve made it about you and your fear of being ignored. You don’t have to be unpleasant to be engaged. Hopefully you can relax a little in the future and engage in a respectful manner, if you do that I’m sure fewer people will avoid you.

maxdancona

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 06:26 am
@glitterbag,
Bullshit Glitterbag. You are far nastier than I have ever been. The problem here is that you get outraged any time I disagree with your ideology.

The real pattern is the same, you and Edgar and Izzy want to have one-sided discussions in what amounts to an echo chamber. Your intention, and the reason for the nastiness, is that you want to shut out any other point of view from being expressed.

The problem is that you are on the wrong platform... this is a public forum where people with different points of view can express them.

Let's take the MeToo thread. Edgar posted a one-sided statement on a politically controversial movement that is a current event. It is completely appropriate that he did that. I responded by posting another point of view about the role of MeToo in society and ways that the movement may not be beneficial. What I did was on-topic and appropriate in a public forum.

The question is whether Edgar's threads are open discussions in a public forum, or are the propaganda pieces. There are forums where Edgar can control the discussion and prevent other perspectives from being represented. This isn't one of them.

When I posted my perspective on the MeToo movement (which is part of how this forum works) people got nasty. Instead of either discussing the topic, or ignore it, the same group of people as always launches into pages of personal attacks.

The problem is that you are trying to force a very narrow ideological narrative on every thread, and are using personal attacks as an attempt to shut down dissenting ideas or different perspectives.

That is why we have pages upon pages of personal insults. I don't ever start them. But I won't be cowed by them either... I don't accept able2know as an ideological echo chamber.
farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 09:33 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
this is a public forum where people with different points of view can express them.
Na AH AH ...

You can become rather nasty about personalities whenever folks dont agree with your worldview. Thats how you read. You should, then, spend some time in the editing process unless you mean the insults that you deliver in a passive aggressive fashion.

I disagree with edgar many times. He and I see colloidal silver from two different poles. It took me many years to understand his use of counterpoint terms in his ample humor. (like many people from the USSouthwest, when they respect your intellect, ill say that youre "Half Smart"). Edgar has a really good sense of humor and it took me a while to gt with it. (Now Im sure he will come on and say he was dead serious)). The science behind colloidal silver can take us two ways,
1 Its a damned good chelating substance and that alone makes it as popular as EDTA alkalis and yet
2 Its a mild toxicant that has several annoying properties one of which is as an organic colorant.

You seem to have a rather thin skin and seem to suspect that every time two or more people disagree with you you quietly intimate that its a "liberal bandwagon"
Try laughing at yourself as well as others.

Also, when axing relatively obvious questions (like your "liberal science" dingus), Try using KISS. Its often the center of more inspective discussion, and chances are, many people wont get hostile when you lose your habit of starting off the questions with a big round assumption thats clarly designed to be insulting.

Id suggest that you read some of the questions posted by others here. Like Albuquerue Brother, He writes clearly, succinctly ,and to a fine point. (Course Im always diagreeing wif him but it never gets prsonal). Same thing with Edgar, Or the late lamented Joe...

Try to write more like Hemmingway than Darwin.

maxdancona

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 10:57 am
@farmerman,
1) Thin skin? I take far more than I give, and I keep coming back for more (apparently). If we weren't enjoying this, we wouldn't keep doing it, right?

2) Disagreeing with Edgar, or Glitterbag is not being nasty. Everything is on record... you can see pattern that happens on so many threads.

- Someone posts something that fits a general ideological narrative.

- I post something related to the topic, but from a different point of view. Sometimes I am specifically challenging the liberal ideology, sometime I am not. Criticizing an ideology is not a personal attack.

- Edgar, or Glitterbag or Engineer get upset, and post a direct personal attack. Sometimes I punch back.

- We end up with pages and pages with this nonsense.

3) I don't think I start the nastiness on any thread (other than disagreeing with the narrative or presenting an alternate point of view). Maybe you can point to a thread where I did start name calling... maybe I will apologize if you do.

For a while Izzy was following me around from thread to unrelated thread to continue a personal attack. I certainly haven't done that.

4) I am not willing to accept Able2know as an ideological echo chamber. If personal attacks succeed in preventing any dissent or questioning of the political narrative, then that is what it will become.

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 11:07 am
It's like a religion, this dissing of colloidal silver. As long as it remains available to me I will use it, but I have said all I have to say about it on this site. As heysoos said, or somebody in the same book, let those with eyes to see, see; let those with ears, trim the hair and clean ear wax with peroxide.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 02:03 pm
@maxdancona,
You do start them Max. It seems you take every remark made by others as a dig at either you or your notion of correct political thought.

I’m not as convinced as you are, that everything said is pushing a political agenda. You will probably think what I’m writing right now is a vicious attack on you, but it’s not. I honestly try to avoid you as much as possible because you over-analyze nearly everything that’s posted trying to find the animus directed at you. It’s exhausting, it’s not discourse, you make it into a tedious job.

I also get the feeling that you characterize every comment I make as if I was screaming at you. I’m not, but I doubt anyone could convince you otherwise. I saw your revisions of the “me too” thread, I disagree that Edgar was pushing an agenda ..... what I saw or surmised is that once again you were getting huffy that sexual assault was being discussed and no one made males the victim. Edgar started off with an example of a male being in a difficult situation....fortunately for Edgar he was strong enough and smart enough to escape.

However, you were not the sole destroyer of that thread, it turned into a male only bitch and moan session with everything from “it never happens”, “she made it up”, “American women are prudes”, “feminists hate men” until it died. You may see my remarks as a nasty attack on you.......but it just isn’t. I can only tell you what I glean from the remarks and lamentations you make, you just seem so overwhelmed and victimized I am fresh out of any ideas on how to express an opinion without being attacked by you.

And really???? Once again Engineer?????
maxdancona

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 02:18 pm
@glitterbag,
This post doesn't make any sense. If you are "trying to avoid me" you wouldn't be addressing posts to me. You keep saying that interacting with me is "exhausting", but obviously you are getting something out of interacting with me, or you wouldn't keep doing it. The same thing can be said about me. If you really want to avoid me, put me on ignore and stop responding to my posts.

I think you are one of the more nasty people on able2know as far as name calling and personal attacks, but obviously I accept that since I keep responding to your posts. The one time I thought you really crossed the line was when you made a offhanded comment about men getting sodomized in a thread about rape. Other than that one comment, you haven't really bothered me.

I am going to keep expressing my opinions. You can keep responding as you see fit. Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't feel "victimized" by you.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 02:21 pm
@maxdancona,
Ive got nothing more, Im outta here.

maxdancona

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 02:28 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
it turned into a male only bitch and moan session with everything from “it never happens”, “she made it up”, “American women are prudes”, “feminists hate men” until it died.

Just a little nit.... when you put things in quotes in this manner, it implies that you are claiming that people actually said these things. I just did the search.

I think you made up each of these quotes yourself. I don't believe anyone said any of these things in that thread.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 02:48 pm
@farmerman,
I’m thru with this as well.......all I brought up was my concern about the food chain and shock at evidence of the slaughter of elephants. I had no idea it would trigger an attack and its taking way too much time to address a sorehead with a grudge. I’m heading over to the game threads.

maxdancona

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2019 04:50 pm
@glitterbag,
I prefer to address a sorehead with a shot of whiskey, or with a couple Tylenol. But if a grudge works for you.... who am I to judge.

I suppose I should be done with this too then....
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2019 08:32 am
@glitterbag,
Bump
maxdancona

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2019 08:39 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Bump

Why are you bumping this thread after a few posts ago you said you were "thru with this"?

It think there is a part of you that really enjoys nastiness.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2019 09:43 am
https://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-great-flood-2/?fbclid=IwAR1nMZgudzvKEhm65Pmn7PYBWKyDm1ODU5F2Xa3WWEBczKDIGeXPx6P21QQ
An article from 2017
hightor

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2019 10:07 am
@edgarblythe,
That's a good article; very timely.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2019 10:11 am
@hightor,
Quote:
People will notice higher tides that roll in more and more frequently. Water will pool longer in streets and parking lots. Trees will turn brown and die as they suck up salt water.” We will retreat to higher ground, cover our roofs with solar panels, finally stop using plastic and go vegan, but it will be too late. As Goodell writes, “even in rich neighborhoods, abandoned houses will linger like ghosts, filling with feral cats and other refugees looking for their own higher ground.”

The water will continue to rise. “It will have a metallic sheen and will smell bad,” Goodell writes. “Kids will get strange rashes and fevers. More people will leave [low areas]. Seawalls will crumble. In a few decades, low-lying neighborhoods will be knee-deep.

Kids will get strange rashes and fevers. More people will leave [low areas]. Seawalls will crumble. In a few decades, low-lying neighborhoods will be knee-deep. Wooden houses will collapse into a sea of soda bottles, laundry detergent jugs, and plastic toothbrushes. Human bones, floated out of caskets, will be a common sight.

This is almost comical (if it were only better written).
hightor

Reply Mon 29 Jul, 2019 10:42 am
@maxdancona,
Hedges is a christian minister — his writing often takes the form of a sermon. I've disagreed with him in many cases but a lot of this stuff is already happening and people need to be made aware of it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:53:57