Today, it is humans who are the asteroid

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 09:36 pm
Well, I meant people with no axe to grind.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 09:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
As I said before, you just have to follow the money and the actual results.

Not if you maintain a childlike trust in authority like Max does. Then all your thinking is done for you.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 11:33 pm
@Glennn,
Now you've drifted off into exaggerative exaggeration.
Max thinks, it's just at times stuff which may seem to be from another dimension.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 11:47 pm
Competition has always been a motivator for improvement, but in the last 20 years or more we seem to be so intent on cost cutting we skip important steps. One of the most important is keeping food safe and sanitary. How many times have there been recalls of beef or chicken because of contamination at the meat packing plant? Many times because no one has properly cleaned the equipment/knives/grinder or packing areas which allows bacteria to grow in the filthy equipment. Now vegetables are being recalled, fruits, yogurt damn near everything thats prepared in a factory or passes thru a factory.

It's all gotten so warped because we cave in order to meet deadlines and cross our fingers and hope this time no one gets sick. I'm not disregarding the profit motive, businesses have to make money in order to stay in business...but we seem on a headlong rush to the bottom to cut price and simply toss the idea of quality out the window. In your own kitchen you wouldn't serve food on dirty plates...nor cook in dirty pots and pans....but unsanitary conditions in 'meal prep factories' make people sick or even mildly unwell.,

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that we need to do better in many areas before we kill ourselves off either by zippo nutrition or food poisoning. Air quality, water quality, carbon footprints and so many other things that impact the quality of life need to be protected and respected. The EU forbids most of the food additives/chemicals in there areas.....their food tastes better and it's better for you/me.

I'm getting really fed up with all the water that's added to meats and butter. I supposed to make meats more tender, but it just makes them mushy....the butter just won't clarify properly, cakes and breads aren't as flavorful because you don't really use the proper amount of authentic ingredients.

So I agree with Edgar that misguided humans have become the asteroid.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 07:25 am
@glitterbag,
The government used to see to it that food was inspected. Now, the inspectors are all gone. There are lots of people responsible for that, for it has been an ongoing thing, increasingly, for years.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 01:59 pm
@Glennn,
I have no idea what your point is.

You capitulated to edgar's childish sense of ownership of his threads. Currying favor?

You are a nut on GMO's but that's your opinion. Fine. Edgar approves.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 02:05 pm
@farmerman,
But you always do (trade on your scientific credentials)

Science must preach? That's absurd.

You used the term "wild ass burning opinions" Doesn't sound very scientific to me.

Quote:
...is IMHO , just a result of not really understanding the whole argument and its components.

Humble? Very Happy

A crucial element of the scientific method is to accept and appreciate that you might be wrong and to never denigrate contradictory theories. You are a perfect example of someone who has inflated his level of knowledge to the infallible.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 02:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
Huh??? Cool
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 02:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
You seem incapable of following the money to leftwing governments.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 02:10 pm
Well, if humans are "the asteroid" we best get busy eliminating them all.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 02:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Always trying to set us against each other. Always the personal antagonist.
farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 07:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
apparently the knowledge that was used to create the analogy about a "bad day that marked the end of the Cretaceous" and a similar possibility occuring during the "anthropocene"was totally missed on you.
Fortunately, enough people understood the humor and had their turns with it.

Cept you.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 08:22 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

apparently the knowledge that was used to create the analogy about a "bad day that marked the end of the Cretaceous" and a similar possibility occuring during the "anthropocene"was totally missed on you.
Fortunately, enough people understood the humor and had their turns with it.

Cept you.

We exceptionally suck at humor now, a BIG SOMETHING that you were expected to know.

You Failed!
Glennn

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 11:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

That's your way of saying: I don't agree with you, so I'm going to pretend I can't understand the material you've posted.
Quote:
You are a nut on GMO's

That's your way of saying: I can't refute any of the information you've provided, and so I'm going to insult you because that's all I have.

Your insults count for nothing, unless you were trying to show everyone what your idea of a rebuttal is, in which case, you were quite successful.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 11:16 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:

That's your way of saying: I don't agree with you, so I'm going to pretend I can't understand the material you've posted.
Quote:
You are a nut on GMO's

That's your way of saying: I can't refute any of the information you've provided, and so I'm going to insult you because that's all I have.

Finn is a Decent Dude.

You have made a mistake.

NOTE: Thanks Finn for that solid you did me all of those years ago, There are so few good guys still at A2K, I am grateful for all that can be found!
Glennn

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 11:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Finn is a Decent Dude.

If your idea of a decent dude is someone who pretends he can't understand clearly posted information, and who believes that an insult is an acceptable substitute for a rebuttal to that information, then I suppose he's a decent dude.
Glennn

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 11:26 pm
I'm sorry, but you and Finn going back 15 years is not a good enough reason for me to go **** myself.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 11:27 pm
@Glennn,
Finn is not a bad guy. We aren't always on the same page, but I've never had trouble with him. Respect is a 2-way road.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 11:29 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Finn is not a bad guy. We aren't always on the same page, but I've never had trouble with him. Respect is a 2-way road.

He is not a moron, and he is not a liar....that is All NET given the par around here!

We used to be better!
Glennn

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 11:29 pm
@Sturgis,
I don't recall starting anything with him. He called me a nut. Apparently, respect is a one-way road.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:44:20