http://img178.echo.cx/img178/7431/georgebushprolifebywhosedefini.th.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,183 • Replies: 22
No top replies

El-Diablo

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 02:03 pm
Holy crap someone is using the Bible as evidence! I think this is pointless. Oh no he's no a perfect christian...

I think you got the point. And omg one of the pictures slammed thomas jefferson as if the unevolved monkey who made those pictures even equals half the mental capacity of Thomas Jefferson.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 03:07 pm
No true Christian would start a war, it's as simple as that. Jesus would never start a war, and neither should those who claim to follow him.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 03:43 pm
agrote wrote:
No true Christian would start a war, it's as simple as that. Jesus would never start a war, and neither should those who claim to follow him.

So FDR, James Madison, Winston Churchill, George Washington, people like that sinned by starting or leading wars? All wars are unjustified? Do I understand what you said correctly?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 03:44 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
agrote wrote:

So FDR, James Madison, Winston Churchill, George Washington, people like that sinned by starting or leading wars? All wars are unjustified? Do I understand what you said correctly?

I thought he was pretty clear....
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 03:47 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
agrote wrote:

I thought he was pretty clear....

He was, but most of the people who say this back away when I allude to popular wars. In other words, just checking.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 03:51 pm
It's not your allusion Brandon, it's the supernatural force of the mighty living God speaking through you, I have no doubt.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 03:58 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
It's not your allusion Brandon, it's the supernatural force of the mighty living God speaking through you, I have no doubt.

Well...ha ha...maybe so.
0 Replies

Shamgar

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 06:07 pm
El-Diablo wrote:
Holy crap someone is using the Bible as evidence! I think this is pointless. Oh no he's no a perfect christian...

I think you got the point. And omg one of the pictures slammed thomas jefferson as if the unevolved monkey who made those pictures even equals half the mental capacity of Thomas Jefferson.

I do enjoy people who poison the well. Of course it only shows what hypocrites the "logical" people are since they can't even follow their own teachings.

http://users.rcn.com/rostmd/winace/pics/poison_well.jpg

Quote from the athiest website author about people who poison the well. . .

http://users.rcn.com/rostmd/winace/pics/#ad_hominem
Certain criminally stupid elements of society like to pretend that a preemptive attack on the source of an assertion (or better yet, the entire group that leans that way) substitutes for having to listen, understand and form a cogent counter-argument. This is known as "poisoning the well." Only the truly mindless dullards will ever use it, but if and when they do, just point it out in catchy graphic form to the rest of the forum-goers.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 06:17 pm
Whether or not Georgie is a Christian depends entirely on your definition of "Christian." It is quite possible to come up with a definition so narrow that virtually nobody could qualify. Certainly not the Pope. Certainly not any clergy serving as chaplains in the military. No denomination which allows its members to serve in the armed forces without excommunicating them would qualify. Personally, I'm not sure I know what a Christian is. So many people claim to be of that ilk without knowing anything whatever about the religion they espouse. But I take your point, Shamgar. That The Bush is guilty of hypocrisy there can be no doubt. I doubt, though, that his actions would be any different if he claimed to be of some other creed.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:15 pm
Did you need to quote me the definition of an ad hominem? I know what it is.

What do you want for a counter argument o benevolent one?

I do believe this is pointless as it doesn't affect most people as to whether we consider Bush a "real christian" or not. I also found the slam at Thomas Jefferson humorous (I'm assuming in reference to his deistic views on the life which did not include the belief of Jesus) adn tries to make him out to be the enemy in a way as if he did anything wrong in not believing in Jesus. I also do not care what "evidence" can be toted from the Bible which contributes to the pointlessness of this thread.

I hope we dont resort to posting pictures and defining things in response to this.
0 Replies

Shamgar

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:18 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
Whether or not Georgie is a Christian depends entirely on your definition of "Christian." It is quite possible to come up with a definition so narrow that virtually nobody could qualify.

Actually Christian is defined in Scriptures, however few find the true definition, just as only a few find the kingdom of heaven. As recorded here the "many" so-called Christians that
plague this country will be wailing and howling in displeasure on the day of judgment.

Luke 13:23 And one said to Him, Lord, are the ones being saved few? But He said to them, 24 Labor to enter in through the narrow gate, for I say to you that many will seek to enter in and will not have strength. 25 From the time the Master of the house shall have risen up, and He shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. And answering, He will say to you, I do not know you. From where are you? 26 Then you will begin to say, We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets. 27 And He will say, I tell you I do not know you, from where you are. "Stand back from Me all workers of unrighteousness!" Psa. 6:8 28 There will be weeping and gnashing of the teeth when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but yourselves being thrust outside. 29 And they will come from east and west, and from north and south, and will recline in the kingdom of God. 30 And, behold, there are last ones who will be first, and there are first ones who will be last.

Quote:
But I take your point, Shamgar. That The Bush is guilty of hypocrisy there can be no doubt. I doubt, though, that his actions would be any different if he claimed to be of some other creed.

You would laugh how many "Christians" don't take my point . . . they usually get very upset when they have their hypocrisy pointed out to them. Why would he act different? A wolf acts the same whether or not it is called Christian or pagan. . . it kills . . . since that is it's nature.
0 Replies

Shamgar

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:23 pm
El-Diablo wrote:
Did you need to quote me the definition of an ad hominem? I know what it is.

Really? If you know the definition then why were your PRACTICING poisoning the well, oh all knowing one?

hyp·o·crite n.
A person given to hypocrisy.

hy·poc·ri·sy n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies

1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
2. An act or instance of such falseness.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:48 pm
Quote:
Really? If you know the definition then why were your PRACTICING poisoning the well, oh all knowing one?

hyp·o·crite n.
A person given to hypocrisy.

hy·poc·ri·sy n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies

1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
2. An act or instance of such falseness.

Whoah there I never said I didnt post an ad hominem. I said I knew what it means. So please shut that wild mouth of yours before you jump to more conclusions. Hypocrisy indeed. I'll be glad to put that misplaced insult back in the dictionary where it belongs. Try again next time. I also never condemned your posting in refards to ad hominems hence no hypocrisy. Examine the definition again before sniping at me.

And yes I purposely made that post with the intention of practicing "poisoning the well" Rolling Eyes Nice try.

You've also ignored my other post.
0 Replies

Shamgar

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:59 pm
El-Diablo wrote:
[
Whoah there I never said I didnt post an ad hominem.

So you then then you are saying the athiest made a correct conclusion about you:

"Certain criminally stupid elements of society like to pretend that a preemptive attack on the source of an assertion (or better yet, the entire group that leans that way) substitutes for having to listen, understand and form a cogent counter-argument. This is known as "poisoning the well." Only the truly mindless dullards will ever use it, but if and when they do, just point it out in catchy graphic form to the rest of the forum-goers."

http://users.rcn.com/rostmd/winace/pics/poison_well.jpg
http://users.rcn.com/rostmd/winace/pics/#ad_hominem
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 01:30 pm
Nope lol. I don't like "to pretend that a preemptive attack on the source of an assertion (or better yet, the entire group that leans that way) substitutes for having to listen, understand and form a cogent counter-argument. " I can post perfectly fine counter-arguments except I don't really care about this topic of is Dubya a real christian. I don't really have any reason to want to form a cohesive counter-argument, because frankly I don't care. I gather you were the author of the pictures which is explains the constant posting of you think i posted.

On a side note why the hell did you bother posting "and atheist website" and "the atheist"? Was that supposed to be a ethical appeal, a slap in the face, etc? I'm confused.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 01:44 pm
If George is a Christian he is a poor advertisement for that faith.
0 Replies

Shamgar

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:13 pm
au1929 wrote:
If George is a Christian he is a poor advertisement for that faith.

wolf in sheep's clothing: One who feigns congeniality while actually holding malevolent intentions.

Well since wolves are not allowed in the Christian religion then he is obviously an agent provocateur for the ANTI - Christian forces.

a·gent pro·vo·ca·teur n. pl. a·gents pro·vo·ca·teurs (-zhä prô-vôkä-tr)

A person employed to associate with suspected individuals or groups with the purpose of inciting them to commit acts that will make them liable to punishment.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:19 pm
Shamgar
Don't try to pass him off to someone else. He is yours, live with it.
0 Replies

Shamgar

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:27 pm
au1929 wrote:
Shamgar
Don't try to pass him off to someone else. He is yours, live with it.

He certainly is only "Christian" because of his sheep costume . . . inside he is all bloodthirsty pagan.
0 Replies