Is belief in the supernatural an intelligent person’s game?

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2019 02:30 pm
Is belief in the supernatural an intelligent person’s game?

Nothing that I know of, other than personal renderings or hear say, has ever been produced or provide to show the existence of a supernatural realm or entities. The ancients did not seem to think the supernatural was a reality. https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

No entity, good or evil, have ever manifested itself in a provable way, even though some think god is Omni-present and that Satan was given the ability and power to deceive us all.

I think that those who believe in supernatural entities are being taken advantage of by fraudulent preachers who recognize our propensity of over imagination, which we all have, as shown in the Princess Alice experiments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWx_uVDh4Cw

I can see some benefits in imaginary thinking to validate or refute ideas but that is about it.

Is belief or faith in the supernatural a worthy idea for us or is it a tool used by lying preachers intent on fleecing sheeple?

If there is no supernatural god, should we not seek a human leader or spiritual guide instead of idolizing imaginary supernatural gods that are demonstrably less moral than humans?

Regards
DL

farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2019 08:18 pm
@Greatest I am,
There are a few, very few, quite intelligent people who are marketing much supernatural stuff as fact and scientific. They sponsor TV shows and sell crap to the "initiated".

Think about it, theres a whole lot of horror literature and stories of the occult and lots of other topics brimming with spirits and hauntings etc... Its all unproven but highly entertaining. ANNNND , very profitable for the content producers.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2019 09:19 pm
@farmerman,
What farmerman said.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2019 09:51 pm
@Greatest I am,
You would have to experience a supernatural occurrence yourself to believe in such regardless of intelligence. I have had a run in with a ghost at a haunted spot in broad daylight. It spoke to me although I could not make out the words except for my name, then I found myself being pushed into the ocean backwards. My hand was badly cut up by the sharp rocks. The spot was where the wife of the man threw his ashes. Such things don't happen often but I do believe in ghost now.
farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2019 10:09 pm
@seac,
see ? theres a story. WRITE IT UP!
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2019 10:51 pm
@Greatest I am,
You should avoid assuming that something does not exist just because you don't know about it. That is an UNintelligent person's approach to the topic.

If you want to prove something, first you have to formulate a provable question. Consider the question "Did Jesus exist?" Now you have to avoid being sidetracked. We are not looking for physical proof of physical existence, we are looking for supernatural proof of supernatural existence, and there is a flood of it. For one example, Russian language has an alphabet because Saint Cyril invented it to print a bible and teach Russians to read about Jesus. It is not natural for someone to expend the effort to go to a foreign country and invent languages for illiterate tribesmen unless they have what they consider a very good reason. If Jesus had not existed, there would be no reason for anybody to do any such thing.

Now you can easily dismiss that example just because you don't believe it. Well, if you do that then you are your own proof: I have offered you a supernatural proof and you refuse to believe it just because you prefer to refuse to believe it. THAT is supernatural!

Of course Christianity is not the only religion in the world. You can apply the same train of logic to any religion, and you are free to analyze the results any way you choose.
Methen

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2019 08:22 am
I can assure you that it is all very real, I have been into it most of my life, Never doubt for a second that it is not...
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 09:31 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

There are a few, very few, quite intelligent people who are marketing much supernatural stuff as fact and scientific. They sponsor TV shows and sell crap to the "initiated".

Think about it, theres a whole lot of horror literature and stories of the occult and lots of other topics brimming with spirits and hauntings etc... Its all unproven but highly entertaining. ANNNND , very profitable for the content producers.

Yes, religions and other cons are all about fleecing the sheeple.

The unfortunate part of the con being religious is that good people are being conned into being homophobic and misogynous.

If they did not create so many victims, then we could laugh them off but good people will fight that evil when we can.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 09:37 am
@seac,
seac wrote:

You would have to experience a supernatural occurrence yourself to believe in such regardless of intelligence. I have had a run in with a ghost at a haunted spot in broad daylight. It spoke to me although I could not make out the words except for my name, then I found myself being pushed into the ocean backwards. My hand was badly cut up by the sharp rocks. The spot was where the wife of the man threw his ashes. Such things don't happen often but I do believe in ghost now.

True, but look at the huge numbers of so called believers who believe supernatural B S without ever experiencing anything supernatural.

Knowing how strangely minds work, better to think you had a mental burp than a real experience. Especially when, like your experience, it does not contain logic or reason for it's occurrence.

Spooks, real or not, seem to be wasting a lot of time on doing stupid things for no discernible reason. Like god, spooks like to hide.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 09:42 am
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

You should avoid assuming that something does not exist just because you don't know about it. That is an UNintelligent person's approach to the topic.

If you want to prove something, first you have to formulate a provable question. Consider the question "Did Jesus exist?" Now you have to avoid being sidetracked. We are not looking for physical proof of physical existence, we are looking for supernatural proof of supernatural existence, and there is a flood of it. For one example, Russian language has an alphabet because Saint Cyril invented it to print a bible and teach Russians to read about Jesus. It is not natural for someone to expend the effort to go to a foreign country and invent languages for illiterate tribesmen unless they have what they consider a very good reason. If Jesus had not existed, there would be no reason for anybody to do any such thing.

Now you can easily dismiss that example just because you don't believe it. Well, if you do that then you are your own proof: I have offered you a supernatural proof and you refuse to believe it just because you prefer to refuse to believe it. THAT is supernatural!

Of course Christianity is not the only religion in the world. You can apply the same train of logic to any religion, and you are free to analyze the results any way you choose.

Thanks for the good laugh.

You should avoid assuming that something does exist just because you don't know about it directly and are just going by 7th hand hear say.

That is an UNintelligent person's approach to the topic.

If I tell you that Thor is real, will you assume he exists or not?

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2019 09:43 am
@Methen,
Methen wrote:

I can assure you that it is all very real, I have been into it most of my life, Never doubt for a second that it is not...

Assurance without facts is garbage.

Even if your god existed, why would you follow such a vile entity?

Regards
DL
0 Replies