Bush said "Christians and Muslims worshipped the same God"

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 11:39 am
Do Muslims and Christians worship the same God?

What do you think ?

Bush Dec. 17, 2003
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,129 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Chai

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 11:58 am
yes
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 12:58 pm
Timberlandko should be by with a reference to the
"Abrahamic Mythopoeia", so I'll defer to him.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 01:00 pm
I wonder who told him?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 06:55 pm
Pretty much - and the jews.

He just changes his stripes a bit for each - and for different sects of each religion.

No wonder he gave Joseph a coat of many colours.
0 Replies

Marquis de Carabas

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 07:50 pm
One god, so many false noses.

Oh no, I'm getting silly. Good night, I'm going to bed.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 11:08 am
Oops. I think I voted for the wrong option. I should have voted for Yes, not No.

Oh well.

Sir Richard F. Burton did a long study of Arabic culture and a little bit on Islam. He stated (and this is paraphrased) that Islam was the result of the Arabs being fed up of all these Jews and Christians strutting about saying how they would be saved and that the Arabs wouldn't.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 11:21 am
If God commands us to worship him and to have no other gods before him--doesn't that imply the existence of other gods who are competing for our reverence?

Maybe there is only ONE God--a Supreme Being--and he has let his existence be known to the peoples of all nations.

The most troubling aspect of Christianity is the worship of Jesus. Aren't we violating the First Commandment (sinning) when we place Jesus on the same worshipping level as GOD?
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 02:07 pm
Debra_Law wrote:
If God commands us to worship him and to have no other gods before him--doesn't that imply the existence of other gods who are competing for our reverence?

Maybe there is only ONE God--a Supreme Being--and he has let his existence be known to the peoples of all nations.

The most troubling aspect of Christianity is the worship of Jesus. Aren't we violating the First Commandment (sinning) when we place Jesus on the same worshipping level as GOD?

Damn Lawyers....come into the thread and actually pose a question that makes us think... :wink:
<<shuffling off to ponder>>
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 02:27 pm
I once asked the same question and was told that Jesus was God down to check up on man. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 02:29 pm
Debra_Law

"The most troubling aspect of Christianity is the worship of Jesus. Aren't we violating the First Commandment (sinning) when we place Jesus on the same worshipping level as GOD? "

Yes it is very troubling and that is exactly what made me read about other religions such as Islam. Islam was unknown to me and I found it strange at first but the more I read the more everything made sense. The Quran is just the best amazing holy book out there. You should read it and see by your own self what I just can't explain to you with wordly words. There is a big gap between who call themselves Muslims and the teachings of Islam and that is why some Muslims are giving a bad image of Islam. Unfortunately many people misjudge Islam by looking at Muslims. Nevertheless, I truely believe that it is that bad image that made people like me revert to Islam. After 9-11 Islam is the fastest growing religion and that would tell you something.

God ( Allah in Arabic) says :

And say: "Act, and Allah will observe your actions, and so will his Messanger and the believers: and soon you will be brought back to the Knower of all Unseen and the Seen. then He will show you the truth of all that you did." At-Taubah (9):105.

The first thing that caugth my attention was the amazing accuracy of describing scientific phenomena, many that we recently were able to understand.

THE MIRACLE OF QUR'AN
"And if you are in doubt as to what We [Allah] have revealedÂ…then produce a Soorah (chapter) like thereunto"(Soorah Baqarah 2:23)
This was the challenge put forth by Allah in the Qur'an 1400 years ago. As of yet, none has or will ever come close to meeting this challenge. Hence, as a result, multitudes throughout the centuries have believed and continue to believe in the Qur'an as a revelation beyond any human capacity. Modern scientists, for instance, have been amazed by the accuracy of scientific information presented in the Qur'an. Here are just a few examples:
In his book of embryology-'The Developing Human' [W.B. Saunders Publishing, 1982], Dr. Keith Moore added a whole chapter to discuss the scientific accuracy of the Quranic discussion of this science. Another eminent scientist, Dr. Maurice Bucaille wrote in his book-'The Bible, the Qur'an and Science':

"I could not find a single error in the Qur'anÂ…if a man was the author of the Qur'an how could he have written facts in the 7th century A.D. that today are shown to be in keeping with modern scientific knowledge"
Facts about astronomy, the animal world and other natural phenomenon, that were alien to modern science not long ago, are scattered among the messages of Allah's Unity and His Attributes throughout the miracle that is known as al-Qur'an.

THE MESSAGE OF ISLAM
The most important message of Islam is the absolute Unity of God-that there is only One Supreme Being who has no partners and is not dependent on anyone or anything. He is the creator of everything and the whole universe is under His control. Since the total submission of one's will to Allah represents the essence of worship, Islam is the worship of Allah alone and the avoidance of worship directed to any person, place or thing other than Allah. In essence, Islam calls man away from the worship of creation and invites him to worship only its Creator. Allah is the only one deserving man's worship as it is only by His will that prayers are answered. Hence prayers to the non-living such as the sun, fire, and to humans whether they be Jesus, Moses or even Muhammad are rejected, as Allah informs us in the opening chapter of the Qur'an, known as Soorah Al-Faatihah, verse 4:
"You alone do we worship and from you alone do we seek help."
A Muslim believes that Allah and His creation are distinctly different entities. Neither is Allah His creation or a part of it, nor is His creation Him or a part of Him. Ultimately, it is the belief that the essence of Allah is everywhere in His creation or that His divine being is or was present in some aspects of His creation, which has provided justification for the worship of creation. Islam, hence, is a clear call to the worship of the Creator and the rejection of creation-worship in any form.

MICHAEL
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:29 pm
au1929 wrote:
I once asked the same question and was told that Jesus was God down to check up on man. Rolling Eyes

So. God--the all seeing and all knowing Supreme Being--had to travel to earth via the immaculate conception of himself and down through the Virgin Mary's birth canal in order to check up on us? Was Jesus a "God" Clone? Now my head is really spinning.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:32 pm
Yes, the God they each worship has the same historical origin. They just can't agree on his name, his instruction manual, whether he had a son, how he wants to be worshipped, how he wants us to live, or what his ultimate purpose is.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 07:41 pm
They both worship the God of this world.
0 Replies