Does God exist?

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:10 pm
which is ahlf my age, if u could not tell.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:11 pm
Sorry i was post nabbing there !!!Feel like my quota has been achieved before I have to go offline for an indefinate period.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:11 pm
Sorry i was post nabbing there !!!Feel like my quota has been achieved before I have to go offline for an indefinate period.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:12 pm
I'll be fading soon.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:12 pm
like the witch in the Wizard of Oz.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:23 pm
The question does God exist must be taken out of the Christian context in which it is widely associated with. That is, the definition of God would simply be the creator, regardless of whether God is all-powerful or not. If God is all-powerful, then the limit of God's power would be the limit of abilities anyway, thus making God all-powerful.

Anyways, when the word God is defined as the Creator, then we could speculate on whether the universe itself is God, etc. If God is taken into this account, then we might speculate on whether God is conscious in ways that are unfathomable by us.

Therefore, the question of whether there is a God or not, can not be answered (at least for the present). It is not important and can not be proven.
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 01:12 am
Re: Does God exist?
paul andrew bourne wrote:
If there is only one Almighty God, who is everywhere, and is compassionate to the experiences of the poor, less fortunate and the child; why are those same groups the most oppressed within the construct of a God who is just?

I'm not sure at all how this question relates to the topic of the thread. That is, in the above you're assuming much too much about the nature of God to be taken seriously in your inquiry.

If this is your only question, the thread should have been titled "Is God Just?"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 01:16 am
Nietzsche

I would suggest that you will not find it uncommon in threads in this forum that the base assumption is that a deity does indeed exist, that said deity is the christian deity, and that any and all other attempts at a description of a deity are simply flawed descriptions of said christian deity.

I may be wrong in this specific instance, but that has been my experience here.
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 02:03 am
Setanta wrote:
Nietzsche

I would suggest that you will not find it uncommon in threads in this forum that the base assumption is that a deity does indeed exist, that said deity is the christian deity, and that any and all other attempts at a description of a deity are simply flawed descriptions of said christian deity.

I may be wrong in this specific instance, but that has been my experience here.

You're awesome.
0 Replies