0
   

How do you post video links with thumbnails in posts?

 
 
Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2019 08:43 am
Hi. In some online forums and message boards, and on social media sites too I believe, you can post video links with thumbnails in posts. I do not know what the correct technical term is for these video links with thumbnails is, but you can see a thumbnail for the video in the link.

How do you post video links with thumbnails in posts? Do you post the direct embed video URL in these posts? What prompts do I use?

Please help- thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 248 • Replies: 11
No top replies

 
chai2
 
  2  
Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2019 09:35 am
@JGoldman10,
Do you mean like youtube videos?

For youtube, type
[youtube]
then paste the addess of the video, then type
[/youtube]

So it lookes like this...

[youtube]address of the video[/youtube]

example

JGoldman10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2019 10:24 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Do you mean like youtube videos?

For youtube, type
[youtube]
then paste the address of the video, then type
[/youtube]

So it looks like this...

[youtube]address of the video[/youtube]

example

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjGU9Ybhwk8[/youtube]


Thank you. How do you post video links with thumbnails from other video hosting sites- Dailymotion, Metacafe, etc.?
chai2
 
  2  
Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2019 11:10 am
@JGoldman10,
Sorry, don't know.

0 Replies
 
tsarstepan
 
  1  
Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 09:52 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:


Thank you. How do you post video links with thumbnails from other video hosting sites- Dailymotion, Metacafe, etc.?

You don't. a2k doesn't have that feature to host videos from sites other than YouTube. There used to be a flash component (embedding wise) .. but I'm sure that doesn't work anymore and I never figured out how to do that.
Region Philbis
 
  1  
Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 10:44 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
There used to be a flash component (embedding wise) .. but I'm sure that doesn't work anymore and I never figured out how to do that
got it to work this one time... i think it was a countdown to a big event -- prez election, maybe?
0 Replies
 
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 02:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:


Thank you. How do you post video links with thumbnails from other video hosting sites- Dailymotion, Metacafe, etc.?

You don't. a2k doesn't have that feature to host videos from sites other than YouTube. There used to be a flash component (embedding wise) .. but I'm sure that doesn't work anymore and I never figured out how to do that.


Really? Well that sucks.
0 Replies
 
JGoldman10
 
  1  
Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 01:08 am
@tsarstepan,
You can always post the URLs to videos from video sharing sites other than YouTube in posts, and screenshot thumbnails of those videos and post the pics next to the URLs.

That's sort of like the next best thing to posting video links with thumbnails.
tsarstepan
 
  1  
Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 05:23 am
@JGoldman10,
I already know that. I rarely don't post videos from sites other than Youtube.
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 04:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
Okay. Not to nitpick- did you mean to say you rarely post videos from sites other than YouTube, or that you often do post videos from sites other than YouTube? Your post is not clear.
tsarstepan
 
  1  
Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 05:49 am
@JGoldman10,
I rarely post videos from sites other than YouTube.
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 06:20 am
@tsarstepan,
Thank you for clearing that up.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

How to use the new able2know - Discussion by Craven de Kere
New A2K feature requests. - Discussion by DrewDad
I'm the developer - Discussion by Nick Ashley
JIM NABORS WAS GOY? - Question by farmerman
A2K censors tags? - Discussion by hingehead
New A2K Bugs - Discussion by sozobe
New A2K annoyances - Discussion by sozobe
The a2k world is changing 3: about voting - Discussion by Craven de Kere
LOST & MISPLACED A2K people. - Discussion by msolga
Welcome to the 'New' My Posts - Discussion by Nick Ashley
The "I get folksonomy" club - Discussion by Robert Gentel
 
  1. Forums
  2. » How do you post video links with thumbnails in posts?
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.59 seconds on 07/17/2019 at 05:07:24