Democrats Why?

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2019 10:25 am

- Why do you think that alienating middle-class voters in key states is a good idea?

- Why do you focus so much on exciting the extreme base at the expense of broadening your coalition?

- Why does everything from a white woman wearing hoop earring to a Ray Charles song played at Christmas have to be an outrage?

- Why do you insult people who disagree with you, rather than having a respectful discussion to find middle ground?

- Why do you attack each other... what you did to Al Franken is impossible to understand?

- Why do you exclude pro-life women's groups from joining you in a "women's march" when you agree on almost everything else?

- Why do you think outrage and anger is a good way to win over voters?

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2019 10:56 am
@maxdancona,
How many of these idiotic over-generalizing posts are you going to post? Post 8 more and your xth thread is free?

And no. Once again, you will not be accepted as the Jesus Christ Savior figure that unites both left and right sides of the country. And with your recent posting history? You're true side (countering any evidence that you ever was a moderate/centrist) is now showing.

Quote:
- Why do you think outrage and anger is a good way to win over voters?

Establishment Democrats have been doing tepidity for decades. Great movements need passion and outrage. Can imagine how the civil rights movement would have failed under your pisspoor lukewarm concept of how politics works. Tepidity is Nancy Pelosi's spirit... sorry comatose animal.

Without passion? We get political and cultural digression. We basically have the current status quo in regards to what's happening on global climate change.

Passion won Obama his two terms. Lack of passion lost the presidential elections for John Kerry, Al Gore, Hilary Clinton, etc....

Quote:
- Why do you attack each other... what you did to Al Franken is impossible to understand?

I don't remember having a vote in this instance. I guess I forgotten when I travelled to Minnesota with my torch and pitchfork. Thanks for reminding me of things that never happen.

A LOT of Democrats have mixed feelings towards Kristen Gillibrand and all that happened to Al Franken. She's now paying for her actions. Just look how poorly she's doing in the polls. Good grief, you're intentionally ignoring these not-so-subtle realities... to force your broken point.

Quote:
rather than having a respectful discussion to find middle ground?

Not everything has a middle ground. Slavery has no middle ground. The end of civilization because of global climate change? There literally isn't a middle ground. Out and out ban on abortion? Where's the middle ground there?

Quote:

- Why does everything from a white woman wearing hoop earring to a Ray Charles song played at Christmas have to be an outrage?

WTF are you babbling about? There are no person's (active or otherwise) arguing for or against cultural appropriation here at a2k (I think that's the goofy direction you're aiming for in this charged/loaded and pointless question).
maxdancona

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2019 11:10 am
@tsarstepan,
1. My post is very obviously a counter to the "Replicans Wjy" thread. You are overreacting a little.

2. I am advocating for a Democratic party that is sane and traditionally liberal. I have been consistent.

3. If you don't like my posts, use the ignore button.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2019 11:55 am
@tsarstepan,
There is quite a bit of middle ground on abortion. In fact most Americans (i.e. 70%) are in the middle. The extreme pro-choice position is there should be no laws preventing abortions until the moment of birth. The extreme pro-life position is that all abortions should be illegal.

Most Americans believe that abortion should be legal until the third trimester, but that elective abortions should be regulated after that point. The numbers of men and women who hold this position are roughly equal (views on abortion are not divided by gender). Americans hold a large range of opinions on abortion mostly in the middle.

There is middle ground on most issues, and there are a lot of Americans in the middle. Sadly both the Democratic party and the Republican party are being controlled by the extremes.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2019 01:34 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
...obviously a counter to the "Republicans Why" thread.

Quote:
If you don't like my posts, use the ignore button.

Quite amusing maxdancona. First you scold tsarstepan for his questions and then advise him to place you on ignore If he's not giddy about your posts. Did it occur to you that a person has placed euroceltic on their ignore list, they haven't seen that thread? (One of many reasons why they might miss seeing a thread)

Calm down max, enjoy life.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2019 02:37 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Did it occur to you that a person has placed euroceltic on their ignore list, they haven't seen that thread?

Nope.

https://able2know.org/topic/517959-1#post-6852560
Sturgis

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2019 02:43 pm
@maxdancona,
..oh.

Well, stop stressing, it'll probably make you anxious.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Democrats Why?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 07:34:52