Republicans Why.

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 08:09 am
REPUBLICANS.

Why do you want to see the break up of the European Union.

Why do you want to undermine and dismantle NATO.

Why do you want to undermine and dismantle the UN.

Why do you support Brexit.

I know you're a right wing party, certain right for the most part so

Why do you support far right and extreme parties and politicians abroad.

Why do you want to alienate your long term allies while praising old enemies like Russia and Nth Korea.

Why do you want to ignore the fact that Russia influenced your election.
There was a time you would have seen that as an act of war.

Why do want to tear down and discredit your own government agencies.

Why do you not care about the environment.

Why are you intent on economic warfare with everybody.

Why are you so keen on war with Iran.

Why are you determined to end the free press.

Why are you happy to be lied to everyday by your President.

Journalists who ask the wrong questions are murdered in Russia and Saudi Arabia, your Presidents best buds.

Why is that okay.

Putin is a gangster and a murderer. But your President adores him.
Kim Jong Un is a despot and a murderer. But your President loves him.

Why is that okay.

Why the unconditional support for the NRA.

Why the unconditional support for Israel even as it shoots dead over 50 unarmed protesters.

Will you support shooting unarmed protesters or immigrants at your Southern border, if Israel can do it why cant you.

What has happened to your party's moral compass, Trump has dragged you into the gutter and you don't seem to care.

WHY.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 10 • Views: 1,449 • Replies: 42
Topic Closed

maxdancona

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 11:19 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Who exactly are you expecting to answer this silly thread? You seem to be inventing a fictional "Republican"....

The person you are describing doesn't exist. No one who is "keen" on war with Iran, who supports shooting unarmed immigrants and doesn't care about the environment exists outside of your rather narrow imagination.

I don't think there is anyone who matches this description. It certainly doesn't describe any Republican I know.

maxdancona

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 11:23 am
@eurocelticyankee,
This thread is an example of the extremism on both sides of the US political divide.

Instead of treating each other as human beings and looking for common ground, each sides paints a nasty caricature of the other. This makes any understanding or dialog impossible.
0 Replies

NACHOFUNNYMAN

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 11:32 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Why do you stereotype republicans? I consider myself republican/conservative and could give a crap about most things on your list. Why do you stereotype using words like "far right"? Why do you ignore the past that it was demrats in power when Russia was trying to influence the election WHICH THEY HAVE BEEN DOING FOR DECADES? Why do you ignore the fact that several government agencies were politicized by odumbass admin and started breaking laws when asking why we try to discredit agencies? Why do you define fair trade as "economic warfare"? Why do you ignore that President Trump has been harder on Russia than odumbass "I will have more leeway" ever was. I could go on and on about your loaded question but you have already shown you are obviously to ill informed and biased to tohave civil debate.
eurocelticyankee

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 11:36 am
@NACHOFUNNYMAN,
Quote:
I consider myself republican/conservative and could give a crap about most things on your list.

So you put a lunatic in the W/H and then say who gives a **** what he does, that's clever.
eurocelticyankee

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 11:38 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The person you are describing doesn't exist. No one who is "keen" on war with Iran, who supports shooting unarmed immigrants and doesn't care about the environment exists outside of your rather narrow imagination.

Are you living under a rock or something.
A war with Iran is top of Bolton's wish list, he's a Republican.
trump actually said shooting at the caravan could happen, another Republican.

Quote:
I don't think there is anyone who matches this description. It certainly doesn't describe any Republican I know.

Trump & Co.
tsarstepan

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 11:44 am
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

REPUBLICANS.

Why do you support far right and extreme parties and politicians abroad.

Why do you want to alienate your long term allies while praising old enemies like Russia and Nth Korea.

Why do you want to ignore the fact that Russia influenced your election.
There was a time you would have seen that as an act of war.

Russia and more importantly... Vladimir Putin decree these political disasters to happen by the hand of Trump and his seweraged administration.

Republicans? They're just happy to get their carcinogenic agenda through. These issues you listed above? They're just collateral damage in the class and culture war that allows the 1% of the party to get away with deregulating almost everything that will let them bring in $billions into their corporate overlord's coffers. Through in antiabortion laws for the extremist/least educated of the party base? That's a conservative win (though it's safe to say the establishment Republicans don't really care about these social issues either way... These socially digressive policies are fodder for their conservative zombie followers.

Because in a brief span of several years? Putin basically may have reignited and WON the cold war that the Soviet Union lost over the several decades that global engagement took place.

Putin wins by destroying the United States from within. The Republicans are too cowardly/too opportunistic/too short term minded to realize they're being played. Or worse... the establishment Republicans know they're being manipulated but don't care as they are getting their corruption accepted as law of the land.
keltoid15

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 11:50 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Great questions!
0 Replies

keltoid15

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 11:52 am
@eurocelticyankee,
So there's the answer. They don't give a crap. Which is obvious.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 12:06 pm
@tsarstepan,
Being selfish I worry about his attempts to undermine the European Union.
His support for Brexit and his praise of extremist Brexiteers like Farage and Boris.
His support alongside Putin of Le Pen in France.
His constant criticism of the Union, NATO & the UN.

Quote:
They're just happy to get their carcinogenic agenda through.

It was nauseating to see that smug weasel Mitch McConnell gloating the other night.
A disgusting little man.

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 12:21 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Where's coldjoint?
tsarstepan

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 12:24 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Where's coldjoint?

I'm hoping he's trapped permanently in his outhouse, never to return to a2k again. But that's me.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 01:49 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
OOOhhhh... an online quiz! Let's see how I do.
eurocelticyankee wrote:

REPUBLICANS.

Hey! That's me!
eurocelticyankee wrote:

I don't... That is a misconception.
eurocelticyankee wrote:

I don't. I do want NATO to be an equal partnership as it was intended. NATO countries have had it rather easy since WW2 living under the shade of the US military umbrella though and that does make me a little miffed when they brag about that.
eurocelticyankee wrote:

I don't. I think the UN provides a valuable service to the world and fills many needs. Just don't think for a minute that the UN will ever, EVER have any say in American life or politics.
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Because I believe in freedom and the American dream. So do a lot of Englishmen it seems. Good for them!
eurocelticyankee wrote:
I know you're a right wing party, certain right for the most part so... Why do you support far right and extreme parties and politicians abroad.

I don't. I like moderates. I dn't much care for extremists on either end of the spectrum
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Because allies will always be allies while countries like Russia and N. Korea can be terrible enemies and do things like war which no one wants, right? You don't want war?
eurocelticyankee wrote:
Why do you want to ignore the fact that Russia influenced your election. There was a time you would have seen that as an act of war.

I haven't ignored it. You'd have to have been living under a rock for 3 years to have ignored it. But, freedom. Russia did not change a single vote, they didn't cast a single vote, they didn't mess with a single voting machine. If anyone was influenced by Russian propaganda, that's on them. The other side should have done more to stop it. I certainly wasn't influenced by it and I know no one that was,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Because 'Merica! Goverment is too damn big and intrudes in my life way more than I would like. I'd prefer they kept their nose out of my business and went back to managing the country instead of my life.
eurocelticyankee wrote:
Why do you not care about the environment.

I do. Very much.
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Because I want my dollar to go further than it does. Because I remember a time when a dollar stretched a lot further than it does and I paid less in taxes.
eurocelticyankee wrote:
Why are you so keen on war with Iran.

I'm not. Peace with Iran is a delicate dance.
eurocelticyankee wrote:
Why are you determined to end the free press.

I'm not. I very much favor a free press. It's leftist regimes that want to limit free press.
eurocelticyankee wrote:
Why are you happy to be lied to everyday by your President.

Cause it's funny to watch liberals whine and complain about it every day. Every morning I look forward to the "Today Show" to tell me what they are upset about Trump doing the previous day.
eurocelticyankee wrote:
Journalists who ask the wrong questions are murdered in Russia and Saudi Arabia, your Presidents best buds.

Pretty sure Trump's best buds are business moguls that suck up to him like Remora. Saudi Arabia kills a lot of people. Not my circus, not my monkeys.
eurocelticyankee wrote:
Why is that okay.

It's not, but what are we supposed to do about it? What are you guys doing about it?
eurocelticyankee wrote:
Putin is a gangster and a murderer. But your President adores him. Kim Jong Un is a despot and a murderer. But your President loves him.

Nah. He might respect them (or pretend to in Kim's case) as a world leader. That's what world leaders do.
eurocelticyankee wrote:
Why is that okay.

Because peace is better than war.
eurocelticyankee wrote:
Why the unconditional support for the NRA.

Because they protect something I like with bared teeth and bruised knuckles.
eurocelticyankee wrote:
Why the unconditional support for Israel even as it shoots dead over 50 unarmed protesters.

Because Israel is a bastion of Democracy in a sea of barbarians who want to kill them all. Oh, and the Holocaust. That was in Europe.
eurocelticyankee wrote:
Will you support shooting unarmed protesters or immigrants at your Southern border, if Israel can do it why cant you.

I'd prefer a wall. Good fences mean good neighbors.
eurocelticyankee wrote:
What has happened to your party's moral compass, Trump has dragged you into the gutter and you don't seem to care.

Nah. That is just your perspective.
eurocelticyankee wrote:
WHY.

Because Freedom.

Did I pass?
Sturgis

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 01:55 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Do all Republicans share these ideas? Likely not. Your statement is as biased as a person saying 'all Democrats support free abortions".
0 Replies

Sturgis

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 01:58 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
A handful of Republicans endorsing these ideas and actions is not a majority, nor is it all of them.
eurocelticyankee

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 02:00 pm
@Sturgis,
I don't think all Republicans are extremist or anything like it but the fact is they've put an extremist nut in the W/H and they have to own that.
Sturgis

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 02:09 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Many people got Trump into the White House. Republicans were part of it. Many were not. Even though he was supposedly part of their party, they found (and still find) him to be a vile, disgusting creature. Some did not fast a vote, some want for third party candidates. There were even middle of the road Democrats who despised Hillary Clinton so much that they voted for him.

I doubt that anyone could have foreseen just how out of control he could be or how utterly spineless and self absorbed many of the Republicans of Congress and The Senate would be.
0 Replies

engineer

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 02:10 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
A vote for Trump today is an endorsement of all of those positions regardless of the ones you support. Now that he's been in office, he is a known quantity. The question is "are you ok with that?" Every vote regardless of party is a compromise, agreeing to indirectly support some positions you don't believe in for the benefit of getting others to support positions you do. If you vote for Trump or his followers these days, you are voting to support all of the outlined positions. You might just want the brutal treatment of immigrants, but you get all of it. Saying "well I don't support that one" is an excuse. You support it when you vote for it.
0 Replies

NACHOFUNNYMAN

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 02:51 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Oh, so now you are a psychiatrist who can diagnose mental illness based on what. Ted Bundy was a lunatic, he killed 36 women and had sex with their dead bodies. Jeffrey Dahmer was a lunatic, he ate people. Islamic extremists are lunatics, they blow themselves up for an idea that a pedophile profit concocted 800 years ago.. So please go ahead and keep up you dribble of pathetic diatribe. And don't even try to put words in my mouth. Please tell me what he has DONE if you are so smart. Got us out of dumb ass deals, got us out of dumb ass bullshit climate agreements that wouldn't fix anything. Beat a crooked ass felon, lying hypocrite hillery. Said criminals come across southern border (1/3 of federal prisoners are illegal) So please explain your lack of critical thinking skills and tell me what he has done
NACHOFUNNYMAN

Tue 4 Jun, 2019 02:53 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
So 2 republicans support your 60 stereotypes. I am going to stereotype here and say you are a willfully ignorant and intellectually dishonest liberal. But I have your comments to back it up.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Republicans Why.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:44:09